Ihmir Smith-Marsette

Out of all of the Big 10 teams here are who I consider our rivals

Minnesota
Wisconsin
Nebraska (if you grew up in SW Iowa)

Michigan being a rivalry game is a bit of a stretch.
I never said it was, the OTHER 2 games are rivalry games. They setup the 2 rivalry games and then matched what was left.

Welcome to The Holy Land of Hoops • View topic - Big East Conference  Realignment v2018

:cool::cool::cool:
You touch me... I'll kill ya.
You touch my stuff... I'll kill ya.
You touch me, or my stuff... I'll kill ya.

Sgt. "Big Toe", "Lighten up Francis!"
Great flick, watch it at least twice a year!

Ummm...he did something stupid because he was excited about a big touchdown...but give me a break...hoping he's hurt is ridiculous. What a bunch of tools you guys are.

He was the big difference in the game...speed...there is no substitute...and he's shown he's a gamer. As far as the antics after the catches...the Wisconsin players talk major smack and play physical...it's part of it. He doesn't back down from anyone...and plays harder. I'll take ISM all day long.

Bullshit whataboutism.

ISM has been like this since day one. It used to cost us a bunch of fumbles beginning with his freshman year with stupid risky moves when he had the ball. Yeah he has some great skills but his antics after every catch is beyond ridiculous. Yeah he was a huge factor why we beat Wisconsin but so what? His antics have nothing to do with his skill. Talking some smack is fine but these ridiculous celebrations because he got a first down becomes a display of stupidity.

You can see why there are some people turned off by him.

Bullshit whataboutism.

ISM has been like this since day one. It used to cost us a bunch of fumbles beginning with his freshman year with stupid risky moves when he had the ball. Yeah he has some great skills but his antics after every catch is beyond ridiculous. Yeah he was a huge factor why we beat Wisconsin but so what? His antics have nothing to do with his skill. Talking some smack is fine but these ridiculous celebrations because he got a first down becomes a display of stupidity.

You can see why there are some people turned off by him.
What do NFL teams think of this, or are they used to the "diva's" antics?

That should have been a penalty. It just is. When I say it was stupid...that's why. It was a 14-7 game and it could have taken an important touchdown off the board. Think about it. If we were 14-7 and Taylor does the Soccer kick...well...that wouldn't be good would it.

Wisconsin was never going to be in this game unless Iowa brought them into it. Both Jones and Taylor tried their best. It's kind of crazy that those things happened in this game. Both those guys have been exceptional all year.

Imagine if ISM did this in the first few games of the season.

What do NFL teams think of this, or are they used to the "diva's" antics?

Well the NFL has nothing to do with it. That said not all NFL players act stupidly.

But to give an answer, an NFL team would not be happy that their star player just hurt himself by doing something stupid.

Last edited:
The NFL has nothing to do with this. With that said not all NFL players act stupidly.

But to give an answer, an NFL team would not be happy that their star player just hurt himself by doing something stupid.
Ihmar Smith-Grammatica...?

I'm just happy we have a legit playmaker. We have posters who constantly bitch that we have no playmakers, that we constantly play walk-on receivers from eight man football conferences.

Ihmar Smith-Grammatica...?

I'm just happy we have a legit playmaker. We have posters who constantly bitch that we have no playmakers, that we constantly play walk-on receivers from eight man football conferences.
Well one could argue we did have a playmaker with Smith Marsette but now it looks like we don't for the next game. All because of a bone head move on his part. Post game he said if given a chance he would do it again. Clear to see where his priorities are. Me myself and I

Enjoy the sprained ankle.

It was probably a lot of fun for him to do that flip and I don't blame him. It was fun to watch too! In the final analysis, the consequences are his. The physical pain, the rehab, the missed playing time...his own consequences. I'm fine.

Jeez, give the kid a break. He just scored a TD against a rival in a big game.

Those of us who were not fans of the old KF regime should be happy and embrace this new demonstration of joy and freedom for the players. Those who like the Military style of Old KF will hate this, but guess what? This is a new generation of player at Iowa and we will see a lot more of this.

Does it suck he hurt himself? Yep. Was I disappointed when I saw him leave the sideline and come out in a boot? Yep.

But it was a pretty awesome flip.

Jeez, give the kid a break. He just scored a TD against a rival in a big game.

Those of us who were not fans of the old KF regime should be happy and embrace this new demonstration of joy and freedom for the players. Those who like the Military style of Old KF will hate this, but guess what? This is a new generation of player at Iowa and we will see a lot more of this.

Does it suck he hurt himself? Yep. Was I disappointed when I saw him leave the sideline and come out in a boot? Yep.

But it was a pretty awesome flip.
I missed any announcement but I see CFB officials overlooking demonstrations and such after big plays and TDs this year. used to be a penalty

It was probably a lot of fun for him to do that flip and I don't blame him. It was fun to watch too! In the final analysis, the consequences are his. The physical pain, the rehab, the missed playing time...his own consequences. I'm fine.

Yes but hurts us as fans.

Imagine this was the first few games of the season and his ankle was broken?

Cannot live with What ifs. But this could show recruits that things have loosened up a bit.
This times 1 billion!
This is why the good Captain has not come down on him or made a deal of it publicly. Also, it is possible that KF was genuinely happy for ISM to have a game like this that he understands ISM's exuberance.

I missed any announcement but I see CFB officials overlooking demonstrations and such after big plays and TDs this year. used to be a penalty
The officials on Saturday pretty much swallowed their whistles. I am sure they just wanted the game to end quickly so they could go inside and warm up.

Latest posts