If Jake Starts The Remainder of the Season, Is CJ Gone?

who cares? who cares? I'd rather CJ plays, but if he doesn't play anyway, does it matter if he is on our sidelines or somewhere else? No, it does not.

If jake is hurt that would be amazing for the Hawks chances against whisky. It's our only real shot. Sad to say we are hoping on an injury...

Let's say Davis is able to insert CJ in the game for a couple of series each game for the remainder of the season, but Jake keeps the starter nod and plays at least 3 quarters per game. Both put up similar numbers. Does CJ transfer at the end of the season, knowing he does not stand a chance of playing next year, with Kirk's golden boy at the helm?

I think he declares himself for the NFL draft. The Packers take him late in the draft and replace Rogers with him in two years.

It's a fair question to think ahead about. I also think it only goes that one way. I don't think if Beathard gets the full job that Rudock leaves. I think with his schooling he's pretty firmly entrenched with it. But I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if Beathard grew up a TN fan or not but boy they could sure use a qb and I think the locals here would love to see a kid like him come home.

With the success that Dobbs is having and the two QB recruits TN has coming in I dont think he would even try to go to TN.

I am dreading the next press conference, as I have a feeling that is when Kirt announces CJ has requested a transfer "to be closer to his family," and that it was no fault of the University.

I don't want to say that Iowalaw is a prophet, but this was posted a full 3 months ago and was met with nothing but a bunch of "thumbs downs." It was obvious back then and it is obvious now. When you've got a coach who plays favorites and discriminates against more talented players for the sake of the favorite, you are going to have team discontent and transfers. You are also going to have resentment by the guys on the field who are supposed to protect Rudock. Hasn't anyone noticed how the effort level of the entire team seems to rise when CJ plays?

Let's say Davis is able to insert CJ in the game for a couple of series each game for the remainder of the season, but Jake keeps the starter nod and plays at least 3 quarters per game. Both put up similar numbers. Does CJ transfer at the end of the season, knowing he does not stand a chance of playing next year, with Kirk's golden boy at the helm?

Iowahocks' 3 month old post was right on the money as well.

No. He leaves if Jake starts the rest of the season.

Remember when I said scherff was coming back and CJB was leaving? He planned on it, and was promised a fair chance to compete and show why he should be the starter. So he stayed.

given his performance and Jakes, if he doesn't start, would you really expect him to stay?

So, what does everyone honestly think. Did Kirt give CJ just enough carrot to convince him that he has a good chance to start next year and that the better QB will play? Or has CJ had enough? I think getting to play the majority of snaps while Jake was healthy gave CJ something to think about. I would say there is a 65% chance that he stays...due in large part to Kirt's manipulation. I still think Jake starts all year next year when healthy.

Latest posts