If Jake Starts The Remainder of the Season, Is CJ Gone?

Is a phone a computer. One of them may leave. If they are like most college players, neither will.

Too much hysteria. Good that it's out here vs where as coach fry always said, not 'where the bullets are firing'

Is this Haiku or are you off some sort of meds?

I think I would be tempted to leave. This program has officially obtained joke status & I feel bad for all the players, not just CJB.

Fortunately, this staff has coached us into total obscurity, otherwise it would be even more embarrassing.

Not "IF" but "WHEN".

Kurt made his choice last year. He has said that every chance he gets. If Rudock is medically OK, he will be the guy. Kurt's loyalty to JR, mixed with his desire to barely beat bad teams and his apparent disdain for offensive football (although it is very offensive to me) makes it easy to see.
He ain't speakin German, he has made it clear.

I don't think CJ transfers though, because Kurt will keep holding the carrot out there.

Last edited:
I think the term "loyalty" is misplaced. Shouldn't a coach be loyal to all his players?

Seems that loyalty is more appropriate if we were talking about an outside challenge... like another school trying to lure KFz away. Then you could say he was "loyal" to IOWA.

I think the term "loyalty" is misplaced. Shouldn't a coach be loyal to all his players?

Seems that loyalty is more appropriate if we were talking about an outside challenge... like another school trying to lure KFz away. Then you could say he was "loyal" to IOWA.

True. Loyalty is more "unwilling to change." The chasm of talent needs to be ginormous for Kurt to choose talent over experience.

No. That would be pointless. So he leaves to sit out a year to play one when he could stay and play some next year and then be a starter as a Senior. Staying would actually give hime more playing time.

If I'm CJ and I see how Sokol has flourished at another school not hobbled by KF's mental block when it comes to utilizing talent, I'm certainly looking around.

No. That would be pointless. So he leaves to sit out a year to play one when he could stay and play some next year and then be a starter as a Senior. Staying would actually give hime more playing time.

Take a step down, find a program that needs a gunslinger for a QB, play next year. Put up big numbers, perhaps get national attention in the media and pro scouts. Better than riding pine behind the secretive walls of Fort Kinnick.

Im really worried that the whole team transfers, when you look at the season and our record and where this whole thing is going. The only way these kids get a chance to play or win something is to transfer.

Even if he were to stay (going with Jake as starter), why would he really want to? Our scheme and coaching is disastrous for QBs. Even with a full week of prep, CJ came out looking a bit like Jake...rattled, quick check downs, and threw a few ducks for long passes. Granted he settled, but we still only scored 24 points. Against Purdue. I'm not sure what we do against better teams. And I'm firmly, 100% in the start CJ camp. It's just I know how our coaching is on that side of the ball. I actually think Jake is better than he has shown, he's just been neutered by the staff

Take a step down, find a program that needs a gunslinger for a QB, play next year. Put up big numbers, perhaps get national attention in the media and pro scouts. Better than riding pine behind the secretive walls of Fort Kinnick.

Like I said he would have to be stupid

If I'm CJ and I see how Sokol has flourished at another school not hobbled by KF's mental block when it comes to utilizing talent, I'm certainly looking around.

Sokol is starting but how, exactly, has he "flourished"? ESPN highlights? Moving up Mel's Big Board? La Tech winning big every game?

He's listed as a true Sophomore, but he's actually a RS Soph. That does change the equation significantly. He doesn't have that extra year to sit out and retain 2 years of eligibility.

I don't think Jake or CJ are soft not do they shy from competition.

Perhaps the most ignorant thing I have read on these boards in 2014. So if you are a good player and a confident player, and you are 100% certain that you are wasting away your very limited college eligibility sitting on the bench because the coach prefers a less talented player, it would be "soft" of you or you "fear competition" if you consider going somewhere else where you will get a fair shot? Do you know what "competition" means? It means two sides each have a chance to win something. If Kirk is committed to Jake starting every game for 3 years of your college career regardless of how you play, how is that a competition? How are you soft for feeling ****** off that you are thrown in for one series per game when the lesser qb dinks and dunks his way to 3 year starter status?

Latest posts