If hawks win the next two....

franstheman

Which they have a great chance of doing, does everyone start considering them a bubble team for the NCAA again?

No. If they win the rest of their games they are not a bubble team. Let's just let that rest. IT IS NOT HAPPENING.

remember the same team that kicked the snot out of Penn State is also the same team that lost, at home, to Nebraska.

Makaveli,

I would say a 12-6 big ten team is definitely in the tournament. Have you, say, ever watched college basketball in March before, orrrrr...?

Which they have a great chance of doing, does everyone start considering them a bubble team for the NCAA again?

No, if they win their next two that would put them in position to win a few more to get in bubble position though.

The preseason record would kill off this chance, right? Have you ever seen 20 win teams not get into the NCAA tourney??

Makaveli,

I would say a 12-6 big ten team is definitely in the tournament. Have you, say, ever watched college basketball in March before, orrrrr...?

I've said it before, If iowa is 18-13 going into the big ten tourney they will be a bubble team. They might need to win 1 or 2 in the tourney but they'll be in a position.

They would need a win over Ohio State, or MSU (or both) to even have a sniff. And since they don't play either of those teams again, that win would have to be in the tourney. A win against Indiana, and at Illinois would also help, a lot.

I've said it before, If iowa is 18-13 going into the big ten tourney they will be a bubble team. They might need to win 1 or 2 in the tourney but they'll be in a position.

If Iowa is 18-13 they will need to win at LEAST 2 games in the b10 tourney to be considered a bubble team for the dance.

Not if they are 12-6 in the top conference in the country.

That's debatable, at best.

So, no. This isn't going to happen.

20 win teams that don't make the tourney are teams that only won 6 or 7 of those games in their conference. If the hawks were to go 12-6 in B1G (not gonna happen) they would definitely be in the tourney. Also have B1G tourney games in there too.

my theory is if they are 12-6 in the Big Ten they are in.
11-7 they will have to win one game probably in the Big Ten tournament.
10-8 they would have to win at least 3 games in the Big Ten tournament.

I think they will be 9-9 and make the NIT.

1) 12-6 in conference would get Iowa into the NCAA, its not debatable

2) We are not going 12-6 in conference, its not debatable.

1) 12-6 in conference would get Iowa into the NCAA, its not debatable

2) We are not going 12-6 in conference, its not debatable.

Agree with both of these, and the fact that people are trying to say if we were 12-6 we wouldnt be in the tournament is laughable. But, sadly, it won't happen. If we finish 8-10 in the conference, I will consider this year a tremendous success, 9-9 or 10-8, even better.

Latest posts