IA/Virginia game thread

Ulis allowed Jordan to play a true 2, to move around without the ball. It was interesting, Joe had an amazing game. This is a new team, hold on. Gonna lose some we shouldn’t, win some we shouldn’t…. But NCAA should be this programs floor. Iowa should dance
Way too much basketball to be played yet to be saying this in November.

Way too much basketball to be played yet to be saying this in November.
Ok, well, my personal floor for Fran is NCAA. That’s my personal expectation and it was before the year started. I’m not talking anything crazy, it was a nice win for this team, I’ve been high on them for the last several seasons when others haven’t been. We still need to win games in March. Getting there on the reg is #1 for me - increase our chances

Connor getting the minutes he’s getting is going to cost us some W’s.. that’s a facts such bullshit he gets the minutes he does!!!!

Go away. You are boring.

lmao the truth hurts F that.. connor is a joke!!! Anyone with a brain sees.. shows hpw ignorant you really are!! Connor needs to eat PINE!!!

A couple notes here.

Virginia missed a couple clutch free throws as well.

Taine Murray nearly became a footnote-the latest in an endless line of unsung players who have career games against Iowa, though in his case he is only a freshman playing his eighth collegiate game. We will have to see how long it takes him to have another nigh of 4-6 3 point shooting.

Connor got 13 minutes, that’s about perfect imo considering what he logged last season. You know he’s going to play, he’s brings a lot experience and is a player the younger guys can lean on, but I’m glad that Fran recognizes he’s a small piece of the puzzle this year.

I also think it’s ignorant to think a 3 year starter who’s logged 100 games and at one point was getting 30+ minutes a game is just gonna sit. He isn’t, but I’m glad Fran has reduced his role and he’s not logging a ton of minutes either. He’s good for 10-15 a game for me.

For the critics: First, my Grandpa said “One snowflake don’t make a blizzard.” This win does not mean we will win the BT. Secondly, an inexperienced, completely re-structured team went on the road against a historically blue blood team with one of the best coaches in the business, after we had played only cupcakes. Our D was just fine. Our O was spectacular (Fran) in the first half and gave V. A big hill to climb. They climbed the hill, then fell down in the end. Iowa persevered. If you are not enthusiastic about this gutsy win in the face of significant adversity, I feel badly for you. The doubters favorite targets, Iowa’s D and JBO, won the fuckin game. And, for Fran’s critics, we have two really competitive point guards. But hey. Just keep pointless bitching.
I thought it was interesting how the announcers pointed out how Virginia had lost several players and how well they were doing despite that. Dude we lost the best center in college basketball and another r player to the NBA. Then two more of our best players transferred.

Our players went on the road and beat a program that over the last several years has been among the best in a conference that is known far more for their basketball programs vs their football programs.

Hats off for a warrior like effort to our players for a great win last night.

The way Virginia was killing us on the offensive rebounds made me think how much we miss Nunge. None the less our players fought though the challenges and prevailed. I hope Jack is doing well at his new school.

We will learn and grow a lot from this win. Could have easily of lost this game and learned the same lessons, but I’ll be happy to see our team learn and grow on the “W” side of the column any day of the week!

I agree that post play is going to be our weakness, hoping we can offset it by being clutch in other areas. We'll see Friday when we play a team with great players in the post.

Ulis allowed Jordan to play a true 2, to move around without the ball. It was interesting, Joe had an amazing game. This is a new team, hold on. Gonna lose some we shouldn’t, win some we shouldn’t…. But NCAA should be this programs floor. Iowa should dance
They put their one on JBo though, little fucker was grabbing and holding off of every screen just like they do in the B10

I thought it was interesting how the announcers pointed out how Virginia had lost several players and how well they were doing despite that. Dude we lost the best center in college basketball and another r player to the NBA. Then two more of our best players transferred.

Our players went on the road and beat a program that over the last several years has been among the best in a conference that is known far more for their basketball programs vs their football programs.

Hats off for a warrior like effort to our players for a great win last night.

The way Virginia was killing us on the offensive rebounds made me think how much we miss Nunge. None the less our players fought though the challenges and prevailed. I hope Jack is doing well at his new school.

We will learn and grow a lot from this win. Could have easily of lost this game and learned the same lessons, but I’ll be happy to see our team learn and grow on the “W” side of the column any day of the week!

I think the announcer you are talking about is Cory Alexander, who is a Virgina alum. He was driving me crazy in the 2nd half as every word out of his mouth had a Virginia slant to it. I would expect home town announcers if I was watching a game on the ACC Network but not on ESPN, you would think they could find a non biased announcer. I know Settles calling games drives other teams nuts but that's on the BTN.

Latest posts