They called 10 fouls on the Hawks

They called 12 on the Cavs

It was a Solid Confidence Builder for the Hawkeyes

This is going to be a fun team to watch

Before the season started, quite a few of us were writing this season offf
as a rebuilding year

No Longer

Last edited:
I think the announcer you are talking about is Cory Alexander, who is a Virgina alum. He was driving me crazy in the 2nd half as every word out of his mouth had a Virginia slant to it. I would expect home town announcers if I was watching a game on the ACC Network but not on ESPN, you would think they could find a non biased announcer. I know Settles calling games drives other teams nuts but that's on the BTN.

Punk needed to be B Slapped into tomorrow

Nauč sa čítať medzi riadkami a nenechaj viac zo seba robiť handru

On live TV by my daughter, Kate

Punk needed to be B Slapped into tomorrow

Nauč sa čítať medzi riadkami a nenechaj viac zo seba robiť handru

On live TV by my daughter, Kate
lol, I'm not really mad at him as he was only doing what came natural for him. He's a former Virginia player that has been doing their games, he can't help but be biased.

It's ESPN that I have the beef with. It's not like they don't have good unbiased commentators they could have used.

7-0. That’s my only comment on the season thus far, the roster and tonight’s game. And I fully expect to be 7-1…toughest game on the entire schedule is Friday IMO.
Your comment got me thinking. How many games on the schedule are harder than the one we just played? It's hard to answer, but my guess is it won't be more than 10. We gotta win the close games this year.

I thought it was interesting how the announcers pointed out how Virginia had lost several players and how well they were doing despite that. Dude we lost the best center in college basketball and another r player to the NBA. Then two more of our best players transferred.

Our players went on the road and beat a program that over the last several years has been among the best in a conference that is known far more for their basketball programs vs their football programs.

Hats off for a warrior like effort to our players for a great win last night.

The way Virginia was killing us on the offensive rebounds made me think how much we miss Nunge. None the less our players fought though the challenges and prevailed. I hope Jack is doing well at his new school.

We will learn and grow a lot from this win. Could have easily of lost this game and learned the same lessons, but I’ll be happy to see our team learn and grow on the “W” side of the column any day of the week!
Good point about how much we've lost. Virginia is nothing special there. We lost 4 out of our top 6. I don't miss Cj a bit, but man would it be nice to have Nunge. I really think we could challenge for a top 4 spot in the Big 10 with him.

YEAH!! THIS FUCKIN TEAM SUCKS THEYRE SO WEAK F THIS TEAM I FUCKIN HATE THE HAWKEYES FIRE EVERYONE WE’RE NEVER GOING TO WIN A GAME EVER AGAIN BECAUSE THIS TEAM FUCKIN SUCKS!!!!

Dude, we played a flawless 1st half and a F all 2nd. Purdue is ranked 2nd and should be 1. Think they will only play a half?

I think the announcer you are talking about is Cory Alexander, who is a Virgina alum. He was driving me crazy in the 2nd half as every word out of his mouth had a Virginia slant to it. I would expect home town announcers if I was watching a game on the ACC Network but not on ESPN, you would think they could find a non biased announcer. I know Settles calling games drives other teams nuts but that's on the BTN.
Well that explains that. I was wondering why the guys was carrying on so much about Virginia.

Dude, we played a flawless 1st half and a F all 2nd. Purdue is ranked 2nd and should be 1. Think they will only play a half?
Virginia tightened up their defense in the second half.

They actually set the tone the last minute of the first half. If we are up 18 or 20 we might have buried them. But they cut it to 14. They shot well from deep in the second half.

C'mon Mo, you've watched enough basketball to know that momentum shifts, adjustments are made, runs happen. Don't make me type the "basketball may not be the sport for you" post. Many an Iowa team would have lost that game. That we won was an encouraging sign.

Losing at Mackey won't be a disgrace either. See what Purdue is doing to Florida State right now? If you can't handle it, don't watch.

Either way you’re just a miserable F who hates the Hawks like @Stanzi and tries to pass it off as being a hardcore fan. If all you do is permanently bitch and moan about how the coaching staffs suck, the players suck, the players are weak, recruiting sucks, yet the Hawks are 10-2 in football and playing for the B1G title in a couple days, and the basketball team hasn’t lost yet, why don’t you find a team that meets your expectations and save us all from hearing your incessant whining? Georgia and Alabama are the only teams that fit your criteria, wouldn’t it be easier to root for them?

I honestly think if someone gave you $999,999 your bitch because it wasn’t $1,000,000. You seem like that type of insufferable person.

Oof…Virginia. Down 24-14 at half and down 29-18 at the 16 minute mark of the 2nd half to James Madison

Latest posts