I was finally able to put a finger on a thought related to this team

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
They don't play for one another...or rather, they have stopped playing for one another. The chemistry they once had is all gone.

I am not saying they don't like each other, but they just don't seem to go out of their way all that much for each other, like close teams do, like last year's Iowa team did.

I am guessing White is tired of how few touches he gets in scoring position where he isn't forced to dribble drive, which is hard for him because people don't respect his jump shot.

Maybe I am wrong...perhaps I am grasping at straws, too...but that's what it looked like from the couch.

It started with Fran's schizophrenic subbing pattern. Team doesn't gel. There are no consistent patterns on the court.

They don't play for one another...or rather, they have stopped playing for one another. The chemistry they once had is all gone.

I am not saying they don't like each other, but they just don't seem to go out of their way all that much for each other, like close teams do, like last year's Iowa team did.

I am guessing White is tired of how few touches he gets in scoring position where he isn't forced to dribble drive, which is hard for him because people don't respect his jump shot.

Maybe I am wrong...perhaps I am grasping at straws, too...but that's what it looked like from the couch.

I agree somewhat. But regarding White, he had chances to post up tonight. He doesn't do that. He gets most of his points off layups on breaks, put backs on offensive rebounds and chasing down loose balls, and ally-oops when he's open along the baseline. He just doesn't create his own shot by posting or dribbling into the paint. He had some chances to take some 18 to 21 footers in the second half with very good looks and passed them up.

Plus, Iowa has the worst ball entry to the post I've ever seen. None of the perimeter players can get it inside. Marble, Gesell, Oglesby. They just don't even try, its like they don't want to give it up. Maybe that's a bit of what you're talking about.

That said, they were were good at that early in yer and were winning.

Something happened since Mel went out....

All came about after a certain tweet after the Wisconsin loss.

Sure seems that way, doesn't it?

I was watching the game tonight, and Uthoff got fouled and made a basket with for an "and 1" opportunity in the second half, and everybody looked like deer in headlights. No emotion. The team is not having fun. It's not hard to see why they lost.

But the real question is "why"?

I don't think these guys get along.
More specifically, I don't think some of the guys like Marble.
I think this team will be better off without him next year!
Call me crazy...

I saw the same from my couch. However it really hit me when Dakich said look at this Iowa team, they don't communicate and don't acknowledge each other after a made basket or good play. Once he said that he really hit me hard.

I saw the same from my couch. However it really hit me when Dakich said look at this Iowa team, they don't communicate and don't acknowledge each other after a made basket or good play. Once he said that he really hit me hard.

Me to, I was shocked that I had not noticed that.

It started with Fran's schizophrenic subbing pattern. Team doesn't gel. There are no consistent patterns on the court.

Like the 2nd gMe in row where Uthoff plays well in 1st half but can barely sees the court in the 2nd half while Iowa loses the game, again.

Jim Jackson also pointed out in the Illinois game that Iowa doesn't talk and communicate on defense. Dakich pointed it out. Alford used to talk about it when he was our coach.

So... Are the coaches not coaching this, or are the players just not doing it regardless?

Jim Jackson also pointed out in the Illinois game that Iowa doesn't talk and communicate on defense. Dakich pointed it out. Alford used to talk about it when he was our coach.

So... Are the coaches not coaching this, or are the players just not doing it regardless?

Not communicating on defense was even brought up by White after a loss. So WTF?

But what threw me for a loop was Dakich pointing out how no emotion was showed after Utoff nailed a huge 3.

Look, this team has no go-to guy, no leader on the court, and the subbing is schizophrenic. This is the natural result. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner...I suppose it took the other coaches in the league a while to catch on.

Latest posts