I told you all Brian Ferentz sucks

I hated the early run on 3rd and long from mid field, but other than that, they moved the ball pretty well until penalties and sacks killed the drive.

but what also killed drives is play faking a run on 2nd and short multiple times and getting your qb sacked bcuz mich was blitzing all the time

It does my hear good to see all Da Haters out.

I thought y’all died and made the dirt journey.

Just so you’re happy.
This game sucked. BF sucked. Nate sucked. I’m serious.

Yep. I dislike the Ferentz clan. Their sense of entitlement. Their lack of accountability. Their nepotism. Their lack of offensive football aptitude.

They are offensive LINE coaches.

And we hadn't played anyone. And Michigan isn't all that great either.

I guess Urbz was wrong. Iowa doesn’t know who we are.

That being said, Da Haterz aren’t screaming about giving up on the rush game; they are screaming about BF, Nate, OL and passing attack

And can’t figure out if you’re one dimensional this is what can happen.

Oh iowa knows who they are, that’s the problem.

Big picture. It is what is. I figured 8-5 to start the season. Ho hum. About 3 more years of Kirk and who knows how many of Brian. Possibly 30-40 years of 8-4 football.

I actually think Brian could be a decent head coach. He is fiery enough, but that could wear out its welcome real quick like if he doesn't win enough. He will probably be a better HC than he is an OC. I say just make the switch soon and get on with it and hire a competent offensive football mind. He really isn't. Not at this level.

Imagine what Hawkeye football would have been like these past 20 years without Parker and Parker?

I could care less if i ever see Stanley throw another pass at Iowa, he is all smoke and mirrors, play a good team and he blows chunks!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm definitely ready for the next era at qb. Too bad that guy won't get any experience for the rest of this year. Stanley has good stats in most games but he doesn't have the "it" factor.

Big picture. It is what is. I figured 8-5 to start the season. Ho hum. About 3 more years of Kirk and who knows how many of Brian. Possibly 30-40 years of 8-4 football.

I actually think Brian could be a decent head coach. He is fiery enough, but that could wear out its welcome real quick like if he doesn't win enough. He will probably be a better HC than he is an OC. I say just make the switch soon and get on with it and hire a competent offensive football mind. He really isn't. Not at this level.

Imagine what Hawkeye football would have been like these past 20 years without Parker and Parker?

Emotion doesn’t equate to good coaching. How many blowhards have blown out as coaches ?? Plenty.

Brian is arrogant. He takes his experience with the patriots as some sort of trump card to anything anyone has to say to him negatively

How many Patriot coaches have amounted to anything ? Bill makes that team.

We are coached to follow the primary play. Iowa QBs that are weak minded will never even look the field over

I can’t believe some of these play calls . How many runs on second and long ? Why is Stanley allowed to audible? They never ever work. Somebody needs to explain why Goodson doesn’t start

I think in the next few weeks if Goodson keeps producing he will be playing most of the time. He did most of the game today it seemed. It was obvious that none of the backs could pass protect so you might as well play the most dynamic playmaker back there.

BF did a terrible job making adjustments to his play calling. He could have called more screens, draws, short slants, quick plays across the middle where the blitzes were leaving, and move the pocket allowing Stanley the chance to either throw or run. He could have even went up-tempo to change it up but nothing.

Emotion doesn’t equate to good coaching. How many blowhards have blown out as coaches ?? Plenty.

Brian is arrogant. He takes his experience with the patriots as some sort of trump card to anything anyone has to say to him negatively

We are coached to follow the primary play. Iowa QBs that are weak minded will never even look the field over

You are correct. Emotion doesn't necessarily equate to good coaching. My guess is he would motivate guys and they might like his intensity when they feel he has their backs but the same intensity gets old if you aren't winning.

Don't get me wrong. I have made it very clear I am not a fan of those guys but I suspect the line of succession has already been "finalized".

That happened multiple times. No one on Michigan covering the slot receiver and Stanley only take advantage 1 time.

I think in the next few weeks if Goodson keeps producing he will be playing most of the time. He did most of the game today it seemed. It was obvious that none of the backs could pass protect so you might as well play the most dynamic playmaker back there.

BF did a terrible job making adjustments to his play calling. He could have called more screens, draws, short slants, quick plays across the middle where the blitzes were leaving, and move the pocket allowing Stanley the chance to either throw or run. He could have even went up-tempo to change it up but nothing.

All of this. I was scratching my head especially re no up tempo. God he made it too easy for their defense. Probably would have helped Stanley too. Maddening. THIS is so KF. Play em straight up.

Think about this. Kirk acknowledges we are a developmental program, i.e. we aren't as talented as most other teams. Given that why wouldn't he then want to level the playing field by being LESS predictable and MORE creative.

Only two possibilities:

1. He doesn't know how. Lack of aptitude?

2. He doesn't need to because he believes he is such a brilliant coach? That his incredible developmental skills levels the field?

Yeah. The limited amount of time he has been under center suggests he’s not a great passer and doesn’t see the field any better than Nate.

But he fits the bill of the big, unathletic, immobile pocket passer that Kirk adores.

Cuz that is how they rolled in the '70's. ;)

Do we have a draw play? perfect against a blitz, a screen works as well, a quick slant. But no, Stanley stares down ONE receiver every time then completes less than 50% of his passes. They had 8 in the box, someone was open, too bad our SENIOR QB can't EVER find them. This was pathetic, in so many ways. Get down early then panic! Thank you defense for showing up and making this a game!

Nobody goes backwards as well as we do. Only 30 or 40 yards to a first down makes the game easy. Just punt. I can't wait to see us against PSU with their much better than Michigan's dline.