I told you all Brian Ferentz sucks

To quote Kirk "SNORT SNORT what do you mean?! It wasn't Toren or Mekhi's fault SNORT give all the credit to a great Michigan team SNORT we just didn't execute today that's all SNORT SNORT..."
Did he break wind, too, when he said that?

Banks was backup because he was prone to go off script

Tate, we didn’t really have a choice. There was no way Mason starts over him.

Stanzi, took Kirk forever to pull trigger on another QB who goes off script

Beathard. Same

We have a QB on the roster who’s mobile. We have no idea what he can do because he’ll never see a snap over Stanley and apparently Petra’s, who i assume is risk adverse.

Our best seasons come when we have a QB who wins despite our offense coaching

There is so much truth to this. Unfortunately.

It sure felt like another OTJ training loss for Brian today. I don’t know a lot about Xs and Os, but I can tell when something isn’t working and what they did today on offense wasn’t working. I’m not sure he has enough in his arsenal to dial up a Plan B, yet.

When BF becomes HC Podelasak becomes OC and here we are.

Yes. Part of the master plan. Kirk hired an OC with ZERO experience who was a former offensive line coach, and an offensive line coach with ZERO experience who was a former OC. It's laughable really until you realize that is how NEPOTISM works and then it is no longer funny. It really pisses me off.

Who has the time to teach the o line coach how to coach? Jr. ? No. He is in over his head. Pops? Well maybe since he is no longer spending his time fundraising, but if so he is doing a shitty job of it.

Maybe Steve Ferentz? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It sure felt like another OTJ training loss for Brian today. I don’t know a lot about Xs and Os, but I can tell when something isn’t working and what they did today on offense wasn’t working. I’m not sure he has enough in his arsenal to dial up a Plan B, yet.

Yep. Hey Northside you there? As our historian can you tell us the last time an Iowa team has given up 8 sacks in a game? Or was it 9?

On many replays our receivers were not open, except when that photo shows no one was covering them at the LOS pre-snap) and they run too deep of routes and much of that is on the OC.

What do really good teams do when they get blitzed?? They run quick slants, quick dump offs to running backs, and quick stop patterns in an open area to tight ends that only take a second or two to develop. There should always be someone open if a blitzer or blitzers are coming. And how many QBs know how to just throw the ball at an intended receivers feet and go on to the next play. Where are the coaches in Nate's development??
KOK making really good coin.

I can’t believe some of these play calls . How many runs on second and long ? Why is Stanley allowed to audible? They never ever work. Somebody needs to explain why Goodson doesn’t start
The incomplete first down pass than the second-down run, is it written somewhere in the playbook that it must be done that way. Iowa does this every time on a non-successful first down throw. Then you get the 3 and long. For God's sake try throwing on 1st and 2nd down or possible running on first and second down. The stagnate predictability of Iowa playcalling is back. I really wanted to see some commitment to the run in this game but Iowa ran their offense like they were down multiple scores instead of just one.

Get ready for 3 more years of it with Petras.
Pump the breaks we have no ideal how Petras will play and he is much more mobile than Stanley. I have high expectations on Petras and think he could be the real deal, I have been wondering about Stanley from the beginning. Like a poster has said, " No "it " factor.

Do we have a draw play? perfect against a blitz, a screen works as well, a quick slant. But no, Stanley stares down ONE receiver every time then completes less than 50% of his passes. They had 8 in the box, someone was open, too bad our SENIOR QB can't EVER find them. This was pathetic, in so many ways. Get down early then panic! Thank you defense for showing up and making this a game!
On a couple of plays, the inside blitzer didn't even hide that he was coming, and Stanley still acted surprised when he blitzed. No audible by Stanley.

Steam-Loco.png

Dad, if we could just put the pieces back together, I think we'll have a winner.

The incomplete first down pass than the second-down run, is it written somewhere in the playbook that it must be done that way. Iowa does this every time on a non-successful first down throw. Then you get the 3 and long. For God's sake try throwing on 1st and 2nd down or possible running on first and second down. The stagnate predictability of Iowa playcalling is back. I really wanted to see some commitment to the run in this game but Iowa ran their offense like they were down multiple scores instead of just one.
Actually they ran their offense like they were up multiple scores . There was no urgency to get extra possessions .

Latest posts