I think Kirk will be at Iowa 5 more years

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
In this article, Rob Howe cites a Draper family member saying that Steven Ferentz will walk on at Iowa this fall.

I think Kirk will probably retire after that...it's a pretty neat thing that he will get to coach all three of his sons at Iowa...allows him to spend some significant time with them in his world, share that with them...maybe make up for some lost family time from earlier in life due to the nature of the job

As Mike Bellotti was saying on the ESPNU Signing Day Preview today, the head coach has to be a good closer. The assistants lay the groundwork,but that head coach has to know how to operate in that living room. KF has shown he does. Iowa has to get 95% of their kids from out of state. No other major programs have that kind of challenge. As Overton mentions....KF is a difference-maker.

As for Stephen playing at Iowa....position? D-line? Will he be listed in the walkons?

kf will leave iowa victorious. iowa will get to the rose bowl within these five years. no im not crazy. this recruiting class will be the one to do it, and ruddock will lead the way.

BregHawk---I agree and I'm not crazy either. Most days.

Last years class was solid as well. I'm really impressed with the Hawkeye coaching staff. To have 8 & 7 wins seasons and still pull in this class is a credit to the Hawkeye Football Program! I'm a proud fan to see this class finalizing the way it is. Add a couple more big guns and I'll tip my glass or my "Red Solo Cup."

I don't think KF will retire at 62. If Iowa will have him, I think he'll be here as HC for <10 more years.

i think if iowa finishes .500 or worse next year then little stevie isn't gonna get the chance to play for the old man.

i think if iowa finishes .500 or worse next year then little stevie isn't gonna get the chance to play for the old man.

I think we will finish .500 next year. But I only think that his seat will be warm.the following 2 years would be critical.

Don't hold your breath on that .500 record, Frenchy!

i didnt say that I wished for that or that that was my prediction, I'm just saying if by some chance it happened I could see the AD making a move. and in reality with how easy Iowa's schedule is next year they could be worse than this year and still finish 7-5 or better

i didnt say that I wished for that or that that was my prediction, I'm just saying if by some chance it happened I could see the AD making a move. and in reality with how easy Iowa's schedule is next year they could be worse than this year and still finish 7-5 or better

I think Iowa is probably a 6-8 win team next year, leanings under 8..and if that happens, there is zero chance, barring some scandal, that Barta replaces Kirk, nor should he.

Happen to know Kirk,he and especially his wife love Iowa City.Just because the kid's have graduated does not mean they want to get out of town!The kid's love Iowa City,it's where they grew up, where a lot of their friends still reside.He is not going anywhere!By the way,Ken O.will never get fired by him.He told me one time,does anybody give Ken credit when he calls the right call,i.e.McNutt's slant across the middle to beat MSU,the "All the way Holiday"pass to beat LSU,the pounding they gave Spurrier and South Carolina,any complaints about play calling against Georgia Tech?Florida, any Penn State or Michigan game in the last 5 years?Geez,get real!

As Mike Bellotti was saying on the ESPNU Signing Day Preview today, the head coach has to be a good closer. The assistants lay the groundwork,but that head coach has to know how to operate in that living room. KF has shown he does. Iowa has to get 95% of their kids from out of state. No other major programs have that kind of challenge. As Overton mentions....KF is a difference-maker.

As for Stephen playing at Iowa....position? D-line? Will he be listed in the walkons?

Sooo are you saying that Oregon doesn't have to recruit a HUGE percentage of players from out of state...how about Nebraska..What other MAJOR programs did you leave out? Oh how about K-State. You been living under a rock?

First of all, I would like to say that I don't think that O'Keefe will be fired, nor that he deserves to be fired. That being said, I also don't think that Ferentz told you that O'Keefe will never be fired. Anytime the subject would come up about O'Keefe possibly being fired, it is not in the company of people that he would actually state that he would never be fired. I will agree that I do believe he will coach past 5 years if all goes as planned.

KF has some talent there particularly younger talent. Our challenge will be finding difference makers in the D-line...thanks to that tool Coach K or should I call him showKILLA. Good luck Nebraska!

Latest posts