I think Kirk will be at Iowa 5 more years

Assuming he doesn't get fired (small chance of that in the next 5 years), I find it hard to see him leaving unless there is a job opportunity out there he likes. I don't think he gets fired since I don't see us having a losing record in that time. So if we assume all of that is a given (not crazy at all to imagine), he will be here for some time unless a great NFL job presents itself. JMHO

Happen to know Kirk,he and especially his wife love Iowa City.Just because the kid's have graduated does not mean they want to get out of town!The kid's love Iowa City,it's where they grew up, where a lot of their friends still reside.He is not going anywhere!By the way,Ken O.will never get fired by him.He told me one time,does anybody give Ken credit when he calls the right call,i.e.McNutt's slant across the middle to beat MSU,the "All the way Holiday"pass to beat LSU,the pounding they gave Spurrier and South Carolina,any complaints about play calling against Georgia Tech?Florida, any Penn State or Michigan game in the last 5 years?Geez,get real!

The spacebar is your friend.

Happen to know Kirk,he and especially his wife love Iowa City.Just because the kid's have graduated does not mean they want to get out of town!The kid's love Iowa City,it's where they grew up, where a lot of their friends still reside.He is not going anywhere!By the way,Ken O.will never get fired by him.He told me one time,does anybody give Ken credit when he calls the right call,i.e.McNutt's slant across the middle to beat MSU,the "All the way Holiday"pass to beat LSU,the pounding they gave Spurrier and South Carolina,any complaints about play calling against Georgia Tech?Florida, any Penn State or Michigan game in the last 5 years?Geez,get real!

Good solid points! And yes he is NOT going to fire KOK. I don't believe it's that any one call is the issue Hawk. What we have seen is really a mediocre offense from a stats point since KOK has been calling the plays, even with GREAT O-Line talent. That fact can't be overlooked. In reference to the McNutt slant against MSU I believe McNutt went over to the sideline and demanded to get the ball because he could take him. Don't know if that was KOK's initial read on things or not BUT it worked out.

To give fair balance to the calls you reference:
1. The 2 Shonn Greene stuffers in East Lansing when everyone and their Mother knew that running play was coming cost us the game what 3 years ago.

2. The continued running of that stretch play in the Insight Bowl this year against Oklahoma that DID NOT work once in about 8 times. Did he forget that OU's D is fast or did he think that they slowed down significantly?

KOK's stats speak for themselves. Of course he makes good calls from time to time. And sometimes we just flat out have better talent than the other team and we could call anything and it would be good.

Oh not being able to score against Minnesota this year despite several trips inside the 20 should be a HUGE red flag.

i said this in another thread. if kf goes longer than 5 more yrs and brian comes in to coach i believe that bf will become the hc after his dad and levar woods will become the dc for brian. at that point we will have a new oc (not sure who that would be).

i said this in another thread. if kf goes longer than 5 more yrs and brian comes in to coach i believe that bf will become the hc after his dad and levar woods will become the dc for brian. at that point we will have a new oc (not sure who that would be).

Steven would be the oc.

These debates always get so old, but I seem to come back to the question each time of which head coach in the Big Ten during the past decade plus would you rather have had?

You can't pick one that has cheated or one that has yet to coach a Big Ten game.

Yep, been a tough life for us Hawk fans.

Sooo are you saying that Oregon doesn't have to recruit a HUGE percentage of players from out of state...how about Nebraska..What other MAJOR programs did you leave out? Oh how about K-State. You been living under a rock?

Kansas,Neb and Oregon produce more Div 1 scholly players/instate BCS school than Iowa.

You should crawl out from under that rock you seem to inhabit.

These debates always get so old, but I seem to come back to the question each time of which head coach in the Big Ten during the past decade plus would you rather have had?

You can't pick one that has cheated or one that has yet to coach a Big Ten game.

Yep, been a tough life for us Hawk fans.

It's a tossup between Brewster and Zook.

JD, let's say KF does retire in 5 years. Do we start laying the groundwork now to be able to promote from within? Does Kirk bring in Brian this year to start his "training" as his successor? Or do we go outside the family?

JD, let's say KF does retire in 5 years. Do we start laying the groundwork now to be able to promote from within? Does Kirk bring in Brian this year to start his "training" as his successor? Or do we go outside the family?

Nat, I think you know the answers to your questions. Kap'n Vanilla will do everything in his (considerable) power to feather his family's nest, including working to ensure that his kids have lucrative/powerful gigs at Iowa. And GarBar will do exactly what Kap'n StuckInThe70s tells him.
What this means for the future of the Iowa football program...well, you know the answer to that, too. :(

Did Drew Tate's backup in High School back in Baytown Robert E Lee just become Offensive Coordinator at Utah?

Latest posts