I really hope this isn't true...

Correctamundo!

Do those of us outside the program know all the DJK incidents and conversations that took place between Ferentz / IA coaches and this player during his time with the program? Answer = No

I would suspect that Ferentz and staff best know how to handle this situation (based on their history with the individual) not those of us sitting in the right field bleachers.

I am certainly questioning the classiness of that particular decision.

Sure it would have been nice for DJK to have KF tell him he's gone, but to call KF's class into question seems out of line.

First of all, why? This goes back to my soapbox a little bit where KF seems to be beyond reproach with some people. Just because historically he is a generally classy guy doesn't mean his decisions always reflect that precedent.

Second of all, I quoted my post to distinguish what I was saying from what you were suggesting I said.

I may have missed this, but you've got proof he gave him an ultimatum? Or was the understanding just that he was on a short leash? Either way, I don't understand why you can't be a stand-up guy and let the guy know he's off the team. Sure, the implication that he'd get booted was there, but to receive confirmation through the media and never really get any sort of official notice from the football department? I guess I still fail to see how that's defend-able.

Uh...if DJK actually need somneone to TELL him he was off the team...never mind.

And with regard to your subject heading, I really hoped it wasn't true when BTN broke in during a game to announce DJKs arrest and expulsion from the team...given it was mere weeks until the bowl game.

Last edited:
First of all, why? This goes back to my soapbox a little bit where KF seems to be beyond reproach with some people. Just because historically he is a generally classy guy doesn't mean his decisions always reflect that precedent.

Second of all, I quoted my post to distinguish what I was saying from what you were suggesting I said.

Because thats what happens when you've displayed a record of making sound decisions for many years. You seem to be using the DJK story as a way to grind an axe about Ferentz being "above reproach". So let me ask you, what are your requirements/standards for someone to become trusted in their decision making? Thats what this comes down to. Ferentz has proven that, in general, his decisions should be trusted. No successful program works by always micromanaging and looking over people's shoulders.

The point is that first of all we dont know the whole story, so you cant make a judgement. Second of all, why take the side of the guy who's proven to make several bad decisions than the guy who has proven over an even longer amount of time to make good decisions. No one is saying Ferentz has never sinned, but you take a small bad decision here and there when you decide to place your trust in someone.

I'm not really sure what DJK expects KF to say or do? He knew the second he got arrested what the outcome would be. Just another example of bringing attention to himself.

Why should KF respond to the letters, phone calls, or even give him the time of day. He's invested enough time an energry with DJK. He gave him every opportunity to get in line and he wouldn't/couldn't. I don't think the Iowa program should waste another second thinking about DJK.
Couldn't agree more, Duff!

Every time DJK opens his mouth we get a better picture of who and what he is: a selfish, self-centered individual who is all about the big ME and not about team or others around him. What he doesn't realize is that the more attention he attempts to draw his way, the more he diminishes himself in the eyes of fans and, more importantly now, potential future employers.

Ferentz kicked him off the team without saying anything to him, and apparently told his assistants not to say anything to him either. I am certainly questioning the classiness of that particular decision.

DJK was arrested for and admitted to multiple drug offenses and living with a drug dealer... and your top concern is KF didn't talk to him?????

:confused:

You have an extremely messed up sense of proportion.

Is Ballard a disgrace? He was lieing by not telling the team he was smoking pot... Based on some comment on this board. All record should be deleted?

He certainly didn't help his cause by breaking the law... What do you want or expect people to say? The very act brings disgrace upon himself and the school. It's amazing to me how many people just accept "pot" as a "not a big deal" thing. Not saying you are... just my opinion.

DJK was arrested for and admitted to multiple drug offenses and living with a drug dealer... and your top concern is KF didn't talk to him?????

+2

How is this even an issue? What DJK and others did was stab KF and the rest of the team in the back with selfish behavior. DJK is a grown-*** man he is not some 16 year old high school kid that didn't know the ramifications of his actions.

When a guy is in the doghouse for pretty much his entire career...and then flames out the way he did with the whole drug house saga...you have to assume he didn't learn anything during the process. That's on DJK.

To come back and say this then reflects on the coach and the way his dismissal was handled is well...ridiculous.

My guess is that DJK hasn't seen the last of a thing called "trouble with the law".

Did I post somewhere that it was my "top concern?" Please inform me if I did because I don't remember that.

I thought it was ****** that no one from the football program bothered to tell him he was off the team. Was it owed to him? Probably not, especially if you read the replies in this thread. Would it have been the stand-up thing to do? I think so.