I have ZERO respect for that LSU team

HawksMN

Yes they won the game. But what a bunch of turds.
1)Fake injuries
2)Hill taking a swing at Morris
3)Fat linemen doing the boogie taunt dance at the end of the game
4)Les Miles, no respect for Iowa whatsoever. I hope we get another shot at him in the near future.

On the complete flip side, watched Stanford today, and those guys are class acts. Probably helps that half their team are going to make some big bucks someday (and not just in the NFL) yet the LSU guys are struggling to make the 5th grade level.

Speaking of zero respect, for me the same goes for those Big 12 officials - worst performance I've seen in a bowl game since ... the last time we lost in the Outback Bowl. And those officials were just overmatched amateurs from Conference USA. You would think these guys would have been some of the best of their best. But if so, that is one REALLY sad commentary on the Big 12.

Speaking of zero respect, for me the same goes for those Big 12 officials - worst performance I've seen in a bowl game since ... the last time we lost in the Outback Bowl. And those officials were just overmatched amateurs from Conference USA. You would think these guys would have been some of the best of their best. But if so, that is one REALLY sad commentary on the Big 12.

Yes officiating was poor at times.

We lost but looked tougher and more professional. I'm proud of the way we battled. I don't normally care about that stuff but for whatever reason I did today. I'm not really even mad about the loss to be honest.

5.) Was wondering who tailored the LSU jerseys as well, there were more bellies hanging out of shirts then at a gay pride parade. I know the food at the Outback steak house isn't that good to put on that much weight in such a short time for football attire to fit so horribly.

5.) Was wondering who tailored the LSU jerseys as well, there were more bellies hanging out of shirts then at a gay pride parade. I know the food at the Outback steak house isn't that good to put on that much weight in such a short time for football attire to fit so horribly.

Too damn many bloomin onions I guess.

The better team won, and the Hawks made too many mistakes(everyone knew we had to play very clean to win, and didn't). Kudos to LSU.

That said

If academic eligibility was standardized and actually enforced, the SEC would be a ddifferent animal....still good...but different. I actually respect LSUs play and intensity, they were the better team.I dodon't much care for the showboating.

But much like SEC schools don't respect anyone, I don't respect the inequitable and unethical way they are allowed to recruit. They absolutely have an advantage in geographical recruiting, but apparantly that just ain't enough.

I'm fully aware of my naivity(sp)

Could an SEC team even field a full squad with a set level of academic requirement NCAA wide?

Their players were classless. My parents were in attendance and they couldn't believe the cockiness displayed. Furthermore if you were on twitter an hour or two before the game you would've witnessed just how low class their fans are.

We lost but looked tougher and more professional. I'm proud of the way we battled. I don't normally care about that stuff but for whatever reason I did today. I'm not really even mad about the loss to be honest.

So you've bought into the moral victory crapola?

Guess what guys, you don't want a-holes showboating and behaving like morons...beat the crap out of them on the field. It's amazing what a 17 point lead will do for that stuff...and every time you line up you bloody their freaking nose. That's what the SEC is all about. The teams hate each other and it's a war most of the time. I was at the Georgia / Florida game the past two years and it was all the referees could do to keep the teams separated at the end of the games...they were brutally physical games. To me, only MSU plays that way in the Big Ten. I'm not saying we should showboat, and our defense played great today for 8 of the 10 times LSU had the ball, but it wasn't good enough because our offense isn't where it needs to be. The defense played like an SEC defense...the offense played like a MAC team. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

The better team won, and the Hawks made too many mistakes(everyone knew we had to play very clean to win, and didn't). Kudos to LSU.

That said

If academic eligibility was standardized and actually enforced, the SEC would be a ddifferent animal....still good...but different. I actually respect LSUs play and intensity, they were the better team.I dodon't much care for the showboating.

But much like SEC schools don't respect anyone, I don't respect the inequitable and unethical way they are allowed to recruit. They absolutely have an advantage in geographical recruiting, but apparantly that just ain't enough.

I'm fully aware of my naivity(sp)

I don't agree that the better team won. I think the team with the better game plan one. Iowa had one half where they showed how good they really were and that was when they played OSU. Before that and after Iowa hasn't shown what they can do.

I don't agree that the better team won. I think the team with the better game plan one. Iowa had one half where they showed how good they really were and that was when they played OSU. Before that and after Iowa hasn't shown what they can do.

Fair enough, but LSUs game plan was run up the gut and it worked on two drives(they did that with supiir athletes).and on def they stacked the box and brought pressure, it worked. IMO, mistakes and turnovers lost the game, not a poor gameplan. It certainly wasn't a masterful game plan, but it didn't lose the game. Again, just my opinion.

BTW, I didn't mind the fake punt call, would have loved it had it worked. The muffed punt might have been a 7-14 point difference....under thrown ball to Powell....missed FG....maybe another 10.

They had more talent, better execution, and won the turnover battle...not a better game plan...

Their players were classless. My parents were in attendance and they couldn't believe the cockiness displayed. Furthermore if you were on twitter an hour or two before the game you would've witnessed just how low class their fans are.

I had friends from Baton Rouge at the game. They said the same thing about Iowa fans when they booed the hurt players. I understood that it was because Iowa fans thought LSU was faking injuries. I don't think they understood that, so they were kind of offended by it.

I had friends from Baton Rouge at the game. They said the same thing about Iowa fans when they booed the hurt players. I understood that it was because Iowa fans thought LSU was faking injuries. I don't think they understood that, so they were kind of offended by it.

They did fake the injuries. But its a slippery slope to boo without knowing for sure.

Cool story. I wasn't referring to fans at the game I was referring to the twittersphere.

One half of football is not much to hang our hat on. One half.

Latest posts