I have ZERO respect for that LSU team

Guess what guys, you don't want a-holes showboating and behaving like morons...beat the crap out of them on the field. It's amazing what a 17 point lead will do for that stuff...and every time you line up you bloody their freaking nose. That's what the SEC is all about. The teams hate each other and it's a war most of the time. I was at the Georgia / Florida game the past two years and it was all the referees could do to keep the teams separated at the end of the games...they were brutally physical games. To me, only MSU plays that way in the Big Ten. I'm not saying we should showboat, and our defense played great today for 8 of the 10 times LSU had the ball, but it wasn't good enough because our offense isn't where it needs to be. The defense played like an SEC defense...the offense played like a MAC team. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

MAC offenses score lots of points. May be a result of MAC defenses, but, bad comparison.

You kind of missed the point. How many points do you think a MAC offense scores against that defense? I'd be willing to bet about 14, maybe less.

You kinda left out the part about it being against an SEC defense...

So maybe you didn't make the point.

Regardless, the offense didn't do its part AGAIN today. But we've seen this song and dance for most of 15 seasons.

You kinda left out the part about it being against an SEC defense...

So maybe you didn't make the point.

Regardless, the offense didn't do its part AGAIN today. But we've seen this song and dance for most of 15 seasons.

Hey Forrest...Stupid is as stupid does. That's all I got to say about that.

SEC not SEC its all the same problem - we never have any offense ... only like 2 years under ferentz have we been respectable

We are just a competent play caller and a couple playmakers away from being really decent. Its not that far off really. As dominant as everyone thinks LSU was today, we could have beat that team. Their QB was terrible, they only put together 2 drives. That game was winnable and Iowa pooped it away with turnovers and offensive putridness.

OP is wrong about Stanford. Half the team won't be making big bucks someday.

The entire team will.

Most of LSU's exemplary student athletes will be lucky to qualify for an over the road trucker license.

The Big Ten's record against the SEC in Bowl Games is, I believe, 14-8, The Hawks have four of those victories and is 1-1 against LSU.....

Game's over and the most classless team won with superior athletes and our mistakes.....

Officiating was miserable. The ridiculous "defense not allowed to set" call and missed pass interference on the running back pass play back to back were shameful. Also the missed taunting call when the lineman grabbed his crotch and danced staring at the sidelines was just off the charts trashy. I went from being apathetic about LSU, to absolute hate after being at the game yesterday. I found LSU fans to be okay, but the players were deplorable

Didn't we wear the better team didn't win mantra after the Iowa State game? If Iowa's defense hadn't played so good it would have been over in the first half and all this would be moot. If LSU had a better QB it may have been the same. Remember it was a backup that was starting his first game. Iowa's offense being beyond dreadful for most of the game is the most enraging part for me.

Didn't we wear the better team didn't win mantra after the Iowa State game? If Iowa's defense hadn't played so good it would have been over in the first half and all this would be moot. If LSU had a better QB it may have been the same. Remember it was a backup that was starting his first game. Iowa's offense being beyond dreadful for most of the game is the most enraging part for me.

Agree. Better team won today even without their 1st String QB. Pretty amazing they were able to rush for 220 yds even though Iowa was stacking the line of scrimmage. I thought Iowa fought hard but once again were simply beat in the trenches when playing a physical d/o line. Was somewhat surprised at how good the LSU d-line was in holding Iowa to 76 yards rushing for the game. Not even sure the Iowa offense would have scored today with out the Interception return and Kick Off return.
Very proud of the what the Hawks accomplished this year and hope they can take it to an even higher level next year.

I came into the game with no opinion one way or the other but, I have to agree with you after the game. They were faking injuries to get fresh bodies in on defense, if you deny that you are a fool. And, they celebrate and dance after every play. Every time they made a tackle some guy is doing the George Jefferson dance. It was disgusting and makes me glad Iowa is not in that crooked conference they play in.

It is the world we live in I just have learn to adapt to it. Even though it makes me cringe when receivers use that arm gesture indicating first down after making routine "that's your job" type catches. It has even trickled down to the Iowa program.

It is the world we live in I just have learn to adapt to it. Even though it makes me cringe when receivers use that arm gesture indicating first down after making routine "that's your job" type catches. It has even trickled down to the Iowa program.

Yeah but KF would (and probably has) put a stop to it before it ever gets to the level that LSU is. Kirk is not a 'players coach', he is a disciplinarian. For example, he would never let the team vote on whether or not to suspend a player for violating his probation before a key game. He would make that decision himself.

I came into the game with no opinion one way or the other but, I have to agree with you after the game. They were faking injuries to get fresh bodies in on defense, if you deny that you are a fool. And, they celebrate and dance after every play. Every time they made a tackle some guy is doing the George Jefferson dance. It was disgusting and makes me glad Iowa is not in that crooked conference they play in.

No.. this is your opinion from a pre game thread:

"They don't have a good defense and they are staring a new QB. When we are on offense we should be able to do what we want so lots of power running that turns into big gains in the 4th Quarter"
Boy were you sadly mistaken. And btw, if all you have is that they danced around too much, you need to reach further. And your team didn't lose because 1 guy faked an injury.. Deal with it

No.. this is your opinion from a pre game thread:

"They don't have a good defense and they are staring a new QB. When we are on offense we should be able to do what we want so lots of power running that turns into big gains in the 4th Quarter"
Boy were you sadly mistaken. And btw, if all you have is that they danced around too much, you need to reach further. And your team didn't lose because 1 guy faked an injury.. Deal with it

First, I am honored you remember all my posts, I think they are worthy of remembering as well. Thank you. Secondly, I had an opinion on the way they would play, I had no opinion or knowledge about their sportsmanship (or lack thereof) or class, which is what this topic is about. More than one guy faked an injury, everyone of them came back in the game after getting minimal treatment. Finally, its a football game, there are not much worse things that celebrating mundane achievements and faking injuries when it comes to sportsmanship. The game is now over so you can go to your own boards and leave ours alone. Geaux troll someplace else.

Did someone say that Iowa lost because that old guy was faking an injury? I don't remember reading that.

Did someone say that Iowa lost because that old guy was faking an injury? I don't remember reading that.

well that is all you guys seem to want to talk about, along with men dancing, and bad sportsmanship. Congrats, your guys were "classier" than ours. It may just be because they got outclassed, physically, on the field.

well that is all you guys seem to want to talk about, along with men dancing, and bad sportsmanship. Congrats, your guys were "classier" than ours. It may just be because they got outclassed, physically, on the field.

You got classy fans too. Way to come onto our board in order to gloat and pick fights. Impressive.

Latest posts