I hate to be that guy but...

briney11

I think that it's time to bench CJB for Stanley. At least for a few series. Maybe he gets his head screwed on straight. Levy and Griese are saying what we've been seeing all year.

He's just been putting his head down too quickly and missing receivers. He's looking very JC like way too much this year

OP is correct. The meaningful part of the season is over. I'd let CJB get his brains beat in against Michigan and Nebraska for the full 60, but Stanley needs multiple series in every other game. The coaching staff has two weeks to coach him up. Get it done.

It's almost comical to think it's CJ's fault. Where have you all been for the last eight years?

Kirk gets away with this garbage because there is nothing more for the good people of Iowa to do on a Saturday afternoon. No professional teams to go watch so they pack up the Suburban and head to Iowa City.

Having said that............ Go grab your wife and take her to dinner and a movie and have a great Saturday evening with her. Or take the kids and see a movie with them. Call some friends and go play some pool together and have a good time with them. Me, it's dinner and a movie with the wifey. I'll record the Cubs game and watch what's left of he game when I get back. Tonight could be a major sports story for the Chicago Cubs franchise as they could go to the World Series for the first time in my lifetime and probably in all of yours too. It's been a long, long, time. I hope I didn't just jinx them.

It's almost comical to think it's CJ's fault. Where have you all been for the last eight years?

Kirk gets away with this garbage because there is nothing more for the good people of Iowa to do on a Saturday afternoon. No professional teams to go watch so they pack up the Suburban and head to Iowa City.

Having said that............ Go grab your wife and take her to dinner and a movie and have a great Saturday evening with her. Or take the kids and see a movie with them. Call some friends and go play some pool together and have a good time with them. Me, it's dinner and a movie with the wifey. I'll record the Cubs game and watch what's left of he game when I get back. Tonight could be a major sports story for the Chicago Cubs franchise as they could go to the World Series for the first time in my lifetime and probably in all of yours too. It's been a long, long, time. I hope I didn't just jinx them.

Great post all around. I like Kirk but there is zero excuse for the offensive he's put up for the last 10+ years. 2001-2005 looked just fine. Even when Iowa lost their top 2 WRs in 2003 for most of the season, and every scholarship RB on the roster in the 2004, this offense still found a way to score and win some big games.

Since then, even when he's had talent, its largely been pathetic. And the Davis hire will go down as his worst mistake of his career at Iowa.

I think that it's time to bench CJB for Stanley. At least for a few series. Maybe he gets his head screwed on straight. Levy and Griese are saying what we've been seeing all year.
CJ hasn't been great but none of the offense out side of the RB havent been very good.

You guys realize that Wisconsin is pretty good on defense right...just saying. Complain about KF not going for it on fourth and one after the Scheel poor spot...or not going for it on 4th and 5 when we missed a field goal...that's on the coach. You are the underdog and you don't get many chances against that defense. Play to win for christ sake...he's back in 2014 again. I'll admit, we have passing scheme issues...run some crossing patterns, scheme people open...hell, do what wisconsin does...they get guys open through formation and great coaching.

If I'm CJ. I do everything I can in preparation for the next level. What do I mean by that? Simply put, he limits injury risk and interceptions. Safe passes, quick throwaways. If I'm CJ, I pack it in. Maybe try to flash a little against Michigan given the attention that will be on that game. But a lot of that hype is dead now anyway.

So if we bench CJ to give Stanley experience now, will that mean Stanley will start sucking halfway thru is junior year instead of the start of his senior year?

Latest posts