I hate to be that guy but...

I see nothing wrong with giving Stanley a series each half. Wisconsin gave their #2 a few series, why would it be bad for Iowa to do the same?

If I'm CJ. I do everything I can in preparation for the next level. What do I mean by that? Simply put, he limits injury risk and interceptions. Safe passes, quick throwaways. If I'm CJ, I pack it in. Maybe try to flash a little against Michigan given the attention that will be on that game. But a lot of that hype is dead now anyway.

Looks to me like he's ALREADY packed it in...

It's hard to say. I'd like to think he has the competitive streak in him that he'd still put it on the line with Indy on the table. But now that is over, so....

I see nothing wrong with giving Stanley a series each half. Wisconsin gave their #2 a few series, why would it be bad for Iowa to do the same?
If Iowa had Wisconsins QB situation, hornibrook would not be playing

If I'm CJ. I do everything I can in preparation for the next level. What do I mean by that? Simply put, he limits injury risk and interceptions. Safe passes, quick throwaways. If I'm CJ, I pack it in. Maybe try to flash a little against Michigan given the attention that will be on that game. But a lot of that hype is dead now anyway.

C.J. hasn't really had any great games so far and certainly hasn't shown much flash, so I don't think he is going to show flash against Michigan's defense. Just my opinion.

I don't blame CJ. I remember one play he got in trouble and when I watched the relay all the receivers ran down the field and turned around and all stopped. Not one made a move to a least come back toward him.And to listen to KF say in the post show that were still developing as a team. Attention Kirk.... your 2/3 of the way thru the season.

CJ has no options. Stanley would have fewer. At least CJ isn't getting hit as much, but then again, Wisky plays sort of conservative.

I don't blame CJ. I remember one play he got in trouble and when I watched the relay all the receivers ran down the field and turned around and all stopped. Not one made a move to a least come back toward him.And to listen to KF say in the post show that were still developing as a team. Attention Kirk.... your 2/3 of the way thru the season.

He means in another 3 years when he pulls 10+ wins out after 4 years of 6-6 football.

At Iowa the HC tells the OC what to do. Our predictability is hard to swallow. Hardly any motion or shifts on offense to make the defense unsure of the play. No pressure on defense. We even went to a three man rush a couple of times and gave Wiscy's qb all kinds of time to find a target. 4 straight 3 and outs in the second half. We have lots of things to "Clean Up".

Davis is awfully awful, but it ain't on him either. Irregardless of what a certain message board insider says, this program is run 100% the way one guy wants it run.

But in another thread you state GD's calls are the product of Texas level talent that Iowa does not have. So, is it KF or GD play calling? Are you one to those who has to play both sides of the fence to look like you know what you are doing?

But in another thread you state GD's calls are the product of Texas level talent that Iowa does not have. So, is it KF or GD play calling? Are you one to those who has to play both sides of the fence to look like you know what you are doing?
You are not good at this. KF has never called the plays. Davis calls plays within the the conservative mindset of Ferentz. Okeefe did it too but they were different types of plays. Similar results because same guys philosophy. Davis was hired because he fit that mindset, and it sucks.

It's almost comical to think it's CJ's fault. Where have you all been for the last eight years?

Kirk gets away with this garbage because there is nothing more for the good people of Iowa to do on a Saturday afternoon. No professional teams to go watch so they pack up the Suburban and head to Iowa City.

Having said that............ Go grab your wife and take her to dinner and a movie and have a great Saturday evening with her. Or take the kids and see a movie with them. Call some friends and go play some pool together and have a good time with them. Me, it's dinner and a movie with the wifey. I'll record the Cubs game and watch what's left of he game when I get back. Tonight could be a major sports story for the Chicago Cubs franchise as they could go to the World Series for the first time in my lifetime and probably in all of yours too. It's been a long, long, time. I hope I didn't just jinx them.

Can I just do the "grab your wife" part of that?
You are correct on the CJ part. Kirk Ferentz and his comically inept offensive scheme and "lazy" defensive scheme are sucking the life out of the program. It had the makings of a great day at Kinnick. Beautiful weather, electric crowd, etc. It took all of 15 minutes for the Ferentz crew to suck every bit of life out of the crowd. I went to the game thinking that this is the game the Hawks will turn it all loose. Be aggressive on offense and defense. provide excitement to the crowd. Instead, 10 minutes in to the game, I sit slumped over, head down realizing that this is truly the same old shit. The only difference is we are doing the same old shit with quite a few players who really are not up to the level of football played in the BIG. Conservative offense. Base defense on 95% of the plays. Absolutely horrible game management/game decisions. Why did we attempt a field goal with 5 minutes to go, down by 8 on a 4th and 5 from the 25? Even IF we had made it, we still needed a touchdown to win. Not really sure what we would have gained there. 4th and one from mid-field, early in the game and we punt. Again, life sucked out of the crowd. 3rd and one, deep in Wisconsin territory & here comes the qb sneak and the 50% chance that we will move before the ball is snapped. Fine that we run it. No sense at all turning it into a Chinese fricking fire drill to run a sneak. Another game without a true screen pass to Wadley. On a positive note, I listened to Dolph in his "kiss Kirk's butt" interview after the game. During the upcoming bye week, Iowa is going to clean some things up and rest. I feel much better now. Final ramble of the week: If the Wisconsin coaching staff was coaching Iowa and Iowa's staff coaching Wisconsin, Iowa would have won the game yesterday. Sigh..It is really a downer to think that for the better part of the rest of my life, Kirk Ferentz will be running the show in Iowa City.

The biggest problem is the 1970s route tree Kirk utilizes for the receivers which is predictable and without imagination. I truly wonder if Kirk being a Steelers fan growing up has influenced his thinking on this. Maybe he sees himself as Chuck Noll out there, directing his Hawkeyes with the Steelers-like unis, remembering how Lynn Swan got open.

We need New Kirk 2 next season, who in the offseason looks into developing a modern way to get receivers open like rub routes and such.

--------So if we bench CJ to give Stanley experience now, will that mean Stanley will start sucking halfway thru is junior year instead of the start of his senior year?

^^^^^^
giggle

Can I just do the "grab your wife" part of that?
You are correct on the CJ part. Kirk Ferentz and his comically inept offensive scheme and "lazy" defensive scheme are sucking the life out of the program. It had the makings of a great day at Kinnick. Beautiful weather, electric crowd, etc. It took all of 15 minutes for the Ferentz crew to suck every bit of life out of the crowd. I went to the game thinking that this is the game the Hawks will turn it all loose. Be aggressive on offense and defense. provide excitement to the crowd. Instead, 10 minutes in to the game, I sit slumped over, head down realizing that this is truly the same old shit. The only difference is we are doing the same old shit with quite a few players who really are not up to the level of football played in the BIG. Conservative offense. Base defense on 95% of the plays. Absolutely horrible game management/game decisions. Why did we attempt a field goal with 5 minutes to go, down by 8 on a 4th and 5 from the 25? Even IF we had made it, we still needed a touchdown to win. Not really sure what we would have gained there. 4th and one from mid-field, early in the game and we punt. Again, life sucked out of the crowd. 3rd and one, deep in Wisconsin territory & here comes the qb sneak and the 50% chance that we will move before the ball is snapped. Fine that we run it. No sense at all turning it into a Chinese fricking fire drill to run a sneak. Another game without a true screen pass to Wadley. On a positive note, I listened to Dolph in his "kiss Kirk's butt" interview after the game. During the upcoming bye week, Iowa is going to clean some things up and rest. I feel much better now. Final ramble of the week: If the Wisconsin coaching staff was coaching Iowa and Iowa's staff coaching Wisconsin, Iowa would have won the game yesterday. Sigh..It is really a downer to think that for the better part of the rest of my life, Kirk Ferentz will be running the show in Iowa City.

Your exactly right and we are all stuck like a turkey on Thanksgiving day. This coach is going no where until he is damn ready to regardless of the overall poor performance of the football program.

I am sorry for how much you paid out of your pocket to go watch that crap. Hopefully you had some friends or family with you and did some tailgating.

Lol, when I read your first comment I was thinking "OK Donald quit using the alias." Great, we have these two total ying yangs running for president and an impotent offense to watch on Saturdays. No win situation either way. Ok, maybe a win for KF if we play some really shitty team. Might get lucky against Illinois........... maybe.

Latest posts