I hate the huskers!!!

Nebby, Miami, ND - what do they have in common?
A lot of national championships?

Wow, the lies spread by Hawk fans would be amusing if not so disturbing. Trust and believe that these feeling are almost exlusive to CyHawk fans.

Greetings from a Michigan fan - HuskerBoard.com - Husker Message Board

"Good afternoon all,
I wanted to take the time to say thank you to Nebraska football fans. I attended the game on Saturday and was very impressed with your traveling fan base. From everything I saw Nebraska fans were welcomed and treated well, mostly because you were NOT pompous, arrogant idiots. You came to see a football game and support your program. You cheered your team and traded friendly banter with our fans. It is nice to see a team and its supporters come here and be good sports fans. I have heard Lincoln is a great place to see a game and hopefully someday I will travel there to support my team. Looks like you have a great traveling base. I wish you and your program luck against Iowa next week and look forward to our teams meeting at your house next year. "

Last edited:
I grew up in small town iowa near nebraska border and my family always roots for IOWA and any team playing nebraska. It's how we do. I really wish we could have played in bowl game last year. We would have smoked em. it never fails. If I'm out shopping or bar hopping our whatever. I always get the "can't wait to kick your ***" COME ON HAWKS. LET ME AND ALL OTHER HAWK FANS HAVE A YEAR OF " who kicked who's ***?"

A lot of national championships?

Wow, the lies spread by Hawk fans would be amusing if not so disturbing. Trust and believe that these feeling are almost exlusive to CyHawk fans.

Greetings from a Michigan fan - HuskerBoard.com - Husker Message Board

"Good afternoon all,
I wanted to take the time to say thank you to Nebraska football fans. I attended the game on Saturday and was very impressed with your traveling fan base. From everything I saw Nebraska fans were welcomed and treated well, mostly because you were NOT pompous, arrogant idiots. You came to see a football game and support your program. You cheered your team and traded friendly banter with our fans. It is nice to see a team and its supporters come here and be good sports fans. I have heard Lincoln is a great place to see a game and hopefully someday I will travel there to support my team. Looks like you have a great traveling base. I wish you and your program luck against Iowa next week and look forward to our teams meeting at your house next year. "

I have to admit I agree with this. I typically like Nebby fans. I thought Meatchicken fans were great too. OSU fans suck ***. I like friendly banter with UNL fans but it typically isn't out of line.

The only Nebraska fan I personally know actually is a bigger ISU fan now. He moved to Ames to go to school back in 1999 and has lived there ever since. He pulls for Nebby still but his #1 passion is ISU. Kind of weird to see a Nebby fan make that jump.

Most of the fans still think it's the 90s and the Huskers are Nat. Champs. They are delusional still cant take it that they're not to huskers of old even after they were beaten by the Cats. Don't do well making their case for relevancy now so they always go to the old stand by. I hope we kick their A$$.

+1

I find it interesting to keep hearing hawk fans talk like this. Its easy to be proud about what you have accomplished and the history your program has. Iowa itself has its own history to be proud of. Please dont talk to me about living in the past with the past 2 days have had stories in the DM Register about beating Nebraska in 1981. Everyone lives in the past because it defines who we are. The entire big 10 is based on history. You hate the huskers, why because they are proud of the team they root for. What is the problem with that, the problem is that more then likely a couple of husker fans bullied you at work or in your neighborhood. The same thing happens to huskers in central iowa. You get the us against the world mentality so then you start attacking what they do, where they live, there intelligence. Half the population in iowa dresses just like cooter ray. Some of those photos i saw on soundoff could of come from castana, ia. Very hypocritical.

I find it interesting to keep hearing hawk fans talk like this. Its easy to be proud about what you have accomplished and the history your program has. Iowa itself has its own history to be proud of. Please dont talk to me about living in the past with the past 2 days have had stories in the DM Register about beating Nebraska in 1981. EvD of those photos i saw on soundoff could of come from castana, ia. Very hypocritical.

The dsm reg is run and managed by non iowans. They are the ones living in the past.

Tom Osborne said it best, "...rivalries usually occur when you don't declare them rivalries. They occur over time."

Sounds like to me this 'hate' for Nebraska is narrowed down to western Iowa and I understand that. Someone already mentioned proximity perpetuates hate among different fan bases. I have friends that are Miami fans, Notre Dame fans and Michigan fans and they are all obnoxious. But I don't have the same hate some of you do because we have a mutual respect for our respective teams. Let's just play a game before exchanging insults.

Latest posts