I get the feeling these two teams dont like each other

Bigtenchamp

Think it goes back to last years circus... the post game hand shakes there looked much more insincere than typical.

It's sad that Iowa won't play UNI until 2014 now.

No kidding.. Iowa better schedule a team UNI's level or better to fill the void. Drake sucks.

The atmosphere at the Wells Fargo Arena seemed terrible watching on TV. The court is ugly has hell and there were a ton of empty seats in the lower level.

I don't think it was that, because this was the year they would have came to Carver.

It was a hot topic last year about how they were going to play the UNI/drake games in Des moines going forward.

Thus UNI AD ect wasn't too thrilled about it but also admitted they could do little about it.

I'm thinking you missed that entire fiasco and don't understand why this game was played in Des Moines.

Anybody notice when White got knocked to the floor near the sideline near the end of the game, a UNI player offerred his hand to help White up. White promptly pushed it away. Not sure if that was a reaction to the dislike towards UNI, or the fact White was upset at himself for how poorly he played.

Anybody notice when White got knocked to the floor near the sideline near the end of the game, a UNI player offerred his hand to help White up. White promptly pushed it away. Not sure if that was a reaction to the dislike towards UNI, or the fact White was ****** how poorly he played.

Sonnen got into it with him on a scramble earlier.

Why does Iowa need to schedule...

No kidding.. Iowa better schedule a team UNI's level or better to fill the void. Drake sucks.

The atmosphere at the Wells Fargo Arena seemed terrible watching on TV. The court is ugly has hell and there were a ton of empty seats in the lower level.

A better team than Drake? The whole point of going to this format was so Iowa and iSU no longer have to play at a MVC school's home court every year. It's not about being "afraid" or that UNI is not a worthy opponent, they obviously are. This is about Iowa not giving UNI a shot to play Iowa every other year in the McLeod Center. Don't blame Fran and Iowa for taking the stance. UNI s gets either Iowa or ISU on a neutral floor every year.

Re: Why does Iowa need to schedule...

A better team than Drake? The whole point of going to this format was so Iowa and iSU no longer have to play at a MVC school's home court every year. It's not about being "afraid" or that UNI is not a worthy opponent, they obviously are. This is about Iowa not giving UNI a shot to play Iowa every other year in the McLeod Center. Don't blame Fran and Iowa for taking the stance. UNI s gets either Iowa or ISU on a neutral floor every year.

I think it is unique to play those games at UNI or Drake. Just something unique to this state. I understand not wanting to play those teams at their home arena as most majors don't schedule that way with those type of teams.

I think playing UNI can be a good yearly win in that they should be a solid program always. I have no issue not playing them next year and playing Drake but I would like to fill the schedule with a BCS level team since Iowa will miss out on UNI or Drake each year. I don't need to watch Iowa play Coppin State instead. Would be nice to get some sort of home and home with Missouri or someone close like that.

I like the fact that it seems like the Iowa players don't care much for ISU or UNI. I want there to be some bad blood.

Also, this might seem out of left field, but all the 'tattoo thug transfer' talk on Iowa message boards after the ISU game was embarrassing and stupid.

I think it is unique to play those games at UNI or Drake. Just something unique to this state. I understand not wanting to play those teams at their home arena as most majors don't schedule that way with those type of teams.

I think playing UNI can be a good yearly win in that they should be a solid program always. I have no issue not playing them next year and playing Drake but I would like to fill the schedule with a BCS level team since Iowa will miss out on UNI or Drake each year. I don't need to watch Iowa play Coppin State instead. Would be nice to get some sort of home and home with Missouri or someone close like that.

Agree Iowa could a schedule another good opponent. Next years team will likely be ready for a step up in schedule. Good win for hawks today

White didn't play poorly. He is a scramble player; he did other things out there beside score. I'm EXTREMELY impressed with how both he and Marble don't force bad shots. Their unselfishness is a reflection on their team first mentality and on the coaching they are receiving.

If you pay close attention, White is a big time trash talker. I'm guessing he didn't take the hand because that's how he functions out there on the court: he has the chance to be one of those players other teams truly dislike.

As for the neutral court, Fran has bigger fish to fry: we play these guys still (every other year), AND our schedule will be better next year. That was an utter fiasco last year.

Last note, those handshakes were tremendous. They went perfectly with the presser. Reporter: "Are you chasing Northern Iowa?" Fran: "No."

It's sad that Iowa won't play UNI until 2014 now.

No its not.
Fran wants UNI off the schedule or at the very least just at CHA or nuetral court.

Iowa gets nothing for playing UNI. It is pure lose lose if you win so what, if you lose you take a big hit.

I hope Iowa never ever plays in Cedar Falls ever again you can't beat 5 on 8.

yeah white didn't play poorly - he never really got the ball that much. With this team especially only so many touches to go around.

I believe White led the team in RBs today. At least that what I thought I heard on the post game.

I like the fact that it seems like the Iowa players don't care much for ISU or UNI. I want there to be some bad blood.

Also, this might seem out of left field, but all the 'tattoo thug transfer' talk on Iowa message boards after the ISU game was embarrassing and stupid.

Maybe KF will catch on?

White didn't play poorly. He is a scramble player; he did other things out there beside score. I'm EXTREMELY impressed with how both he and Marble don't force bad shots. Their unselfishness is a reflection on their team first mentality and on the coaching they are receiving.

If you pay close attention, White is a big time trash talker. I'm guessing he didn't take the hand because that's how he functions out there on the court: he has the chance to be one of those players other teams truly dislike.

As for the neutral court, Fran has bigger fish to fry: we play these guys still (every other year), AND our schedule will be better next year. That was an utter fiasco last year.

Last note, those handshakes were tremendous. They went perfectly with the presser. Reporter: "Are you chasing Northern Iowa?" Fran: "No."

Totally agree with your take on White and Marble. White is a hustler and opportunistic player. He's not really a 1 on 1 player or back to the basket guy creating his own shot. He's an open floor offensive rebound loose ball guy. He'll be the first to tell ya he didn't have a good game today but he wasn't terrible by any means. And Marble's ability this year to play aggressivly on O with the shot selection he has is what's going to make him a special player this year.

Latest posts