I get the feeling these two teams dont like each other

I mean UNI has been better recenlty... but Iowa is 34-9 against them all time.

So its not like were running from some team that just has our number year in and year out.

Just very little reward in playing them at Cedar Falls.

It was a hot topic last year about how they were going to play the UNI/drake games in Des moines going forward.

Thus UNI AD ect wasn't too thrilled about it but also admitted they could do little about it.

I'm thinking you missed that entire fiasco and don't understand why this game was played in Des Moines.

No I remember it from last year. They weren't ****** they had to play in DSM, it was the fact that Iowa or ISU won't be going back to Drake or UNI which was usually the biggest crowd of the year for them.

I like UNI but last years game was not called fairly. Those refs were horrible and after that game I don't care if Iowa ever goes back.

I felt like Fran's stare-down was a little sloppy. He's got to play more within himself. Jacobson did hand-check him, though.

UNI is a "dirty" team. Lots of cheap shots and dirty undercutting. Iowa kicked their *** today and it was pretty darn sweet to be there. Fran gave a fist pump to the Iowa fans after the game. He was jacked up.

Don't give UNI any breaks - they don't deserve it.

UNI is a "dirty" team. Lots of cheap shots and dirty undercutting. Iowa kicked their *** today and it was pretty darn sweet to be there. Fran gave a fist pump to the Iowa fans after the game. He was jacked up.

Don't give UNI any breaks - they don't deserve it.

I hate to do this, because I agree somewhat about UNI's style of play, but...

31956679.jpg

I also hate to do this because it means I'm turning into Ghost's protege. Such is my lot in life, apparently...

Re: Why does Iowa need to schedule...

I think it is unique to play those games at UNI or Drake. Just something unique to this state. I understand not wanting to play those teams at their home arena as most majors don't schedule that way with those type of teams.

I think playing UNI can be a good yearly win in that they should be a solid program always. I have no issue not playing them next year and playing Drake but I would like to fill the schedule with a BCS level team since Iowa will miss out on UNI or Drake each year. I don't need to watch Iowa play Coppin State instead. Would be nice to get some sort of home and home with Missouri or someone close like that.

I'll go further. We should be scheduling Duke, UNC, Kansas, teams at that level. We'll never get there if we never test ourselves. Fran is a coward, I've lost a lot of respect for him.

I think it's clear that Fran will add better competition. Hell, we're 11 games into his 3rd year and he's already tied the great Todd Lickliter for career wins at Iowa.

Latest posts