I get the feeling these two teams dont like each other

I think it's clear that Fran will add better competition. Hell, we're 11 games into his 3rd year and he's already tied the great Todd Lickliter for career wins at Iowa.

His coaching performance in an NCAA elimination game reminded me of another great Iowa coach.

Re: Why does Iowa need to schedule...

I'll go further. We should be scheduling Duke, UNC, Kansas, teams at that level. We'll never get there if we never test ourselves. Fran is a coward, I've lost a lot of respect for him.
Jesus Christ GTFO

Jesus Christ GTFO

1926518_o.gif

Anybody notice when White got knocked to the floor near the sideline near the end of the game, a UNI player offerred his hand to help White up. White promptly pushed it away. Not sure if that was a reaction to the dislike towards UNI, or the fact White was upset at himself for how poorly he played.

That was Sonnen, and those two had gotten into a bit of an altercation at the other end either right after or right before the under 8 teevee timeout.

I hate to do this, because I agree somewhat about UNI's style of play, but...

31956679.jpg

I also hate to do this because it means I'm turning into Ghost's protege. Such is my lot in life, apparently...

I stand by my comments. Fran was pretty upset about UNI's "junk" under the basket and was getting after the refs about it. Not good.

I don't have a problem playing UNI at their place even. They have built a respectable program. Playing Drake every year, aside from treating them similarly to other cupcakes, is kind of pointless.

They had that one year where they were good but otherwise they're pretty irrelevant.

I don't have a problem playing UNI at their place even. They have built a respectable program. Playing Drake every year, aside from treating them similarly to other cupcakes, is kind of pointless.

They had that one year where they were good but otherwise they're pretty irrelevant.

The Knapp Center is a nice gym, and it can get very loud when it's full. Iowa or ISU coming to their place was one of 2 or 3 times a year the place would sell out. Now it's just Creighton and UNI.

The Knapp Center is a nice gym, and it can get very loud when it's full. Iowa or ISU coming to their place was one of 2 or 3 times a year the place would sell out. Now it's just Creighton and UNI.

Both those programs have been better than both Iowa State and Iowa as of late though.

Love how some say they dislike UNI because of last year's game as if UNI had anything to do with the way the game was called. Weren't those B1G refs last year in CF? Hate UNI for them beating Iowa, for them stealing recruits, their style of play, they're fans, but not something they can't control. Need we remember the 3 point shooting difference last year, 10 more made 3 pointers for UNI, this year it was reversed. I've attended a few games in CF, it can be a very good atmosphere. Let's just be happy Iowa won and move on.

Love how some say they dislike UNI because of last year's game as if UNI had anything to do with the way the game was called. Weren't those B1G refs last year in CF? Hate UNI for them beating Iowa, for them stealing recruits, their style of play, they're fans, but not something they can't control. Need we remember the 3 point shooting difference last year, 10 more made 3 pointers for UNI, this year it was reversed. I've attended a few games in CF, it can be a very good atmosphere. Let's just be happy Iowa won and move on.

stealing recruits?

There was 1 Big10 official last year; he wasn't the one calling flop after flop a charge.
It's true that it is silly to analyze a handshake; however, I wasn't looking for it and just noticed it. Most coaches speak a word or two. Fred and Fran did as much last week. Didn't happen at all.
Besides, it's fun to discuss.

I think it is unique to play those games at UNI or Drake. Just something unique to this state. I understand not wanting to play those teams at their home arena as most majors don't schedule that way with those type of teams.

I think playing UNI can be a good yearly win in that they should be a solid program always. I have no issue not playing them next year and playing Drake but I would like to fill the schedule with a BCS level team since Iowa will miss out on UNI or Drake each year. I don't need to watch Iowa play Coppin State instead. Would be nice to get some sort of home and home with Missouri or someone close like that.

FWI: Coppin State is better than Drake, most years..

What recruits have UNI and Iowa both offered that went to UNI?

Latest posts