I gaurantee you CJB will NOT be the starter next fall.

2 possible reasons.

1) He leaves of his own choice (after making some calls to test a different landing pad)

2) If he doesn't leave Weigers or someone else will start ahead of him.

Now, I didn't type that because I think CJB isn't talented enough to be the starter. In fact I think he is. But after 16 yrs we all know Kirk. He has an iron-trap memory and a stubborn streak. That maneuvering by the Beathards in the media WILL be remembered. Kirk will not let that slide. There is nothing Kirk hates more than someone manipulating his decisions.

zzzz, really? reallllllllllllllllllyyy?

Sunshine is Iowa's quarterback for the next two years. Deal with it.

Yep. And years from now, most will point to this year as another example of boneheaded personnel choices that ruined a season. While a select few will defend the coice with excuses like "Beathard wasn't ready yet". The only reason it won't sting for 12 years is because it won't matter anymore after Kirk's gone.

I guarantee the only way CJ doesn't start is if he is injured before the first game.

This

CJ and his dad would be fools to not have CJ come back. The path to him being the starting qb is set and all he has to do is follow it. It wouldn't make sense for him to transfer to another BCS school and sit out a year or transfer to a subdivision school when he can start for a B1G school.

I'm sure Kirk didn't appreciate CJ and his dad's comments but I think his hatred for losing is greater than any need to hold a grudge.

Iowa football is not really bad because of recruiting it's bad because kirk's crybaby ego.

Dude, you used to make thoughtful, penetrating (perhaps somewhat poignant), inciteful posts. Now all you do is this. Come on, man. You used to be better than Tavernhok.

2 possible reasons.

1) He leaves of his own choice (after making some calls to test a different landing pad)

2) If he doesn't leave Weigers or someone else will start ahead of him.

Now, I didn't type that because I think CJB isn't talented enough to be the starter. In fact I think he is. But after 16 yrs we all know Kirk. He has an iron-trap memory and a stubborn streak. That maneuvering by the Beathards in the media WILL be remembered. Kirk will not let that slide. There is nothing Kirk hates more than someone manipulating his decisions.

Really ? some of you guys are just way over the top. Way over

Good god, is this myth still alive? 2012 was NOT about Vandenberg. The kid had a 25-7 TD/INT ratio and threw for 3,000 yards in 2011. Then Greg Davis happened.

It was about the 20 yard lateral pass, 3 yard checkdown and 5 yard pass pattern on 3rd and 8.

GREG DAVIS killed Vandy. Ruddock would have been even worse as he had 1/2 the arm.

Exactly Drummer, JV took a bad rap. The whole program was a mess in 2012 The WR had now idea on their routes. I am told Soup didn't even know the offense

Even the guys over at the Wasteband would think this is a bad troll job. Reset and come at us again, bro.

2012 was bad but KF not playing another QB (ruddock ) that year made me think this guy is stubborn or a little off.

2013 was a good rebound even though there were still a few "what was that" moments from KF.

But this year was total proof that he has never once yet and still cant manage a QB situation and overall a lot of the talent on this team.

I am not getting my money's worth buying season tickets. My buddies who sit by me are like me and bored with our offense.

And we just sat through a poor season with a really good QB riding the pine. I agree with you that KF may just say 'screw you" to everyone and if he does he will prove that he is mean spirited and not having the best wishes for his players and team record.

Correct, but I would've gone with Weinke over Vandy. At some point in a 6 game losing streak you have to send a message to your starter. Of course he could've fired Greg Davis to make the same point. But then that would've placed the heat where it belonged.

Wait, Ron, you're implying Davis should've been fired during his first season at Iowa? What was KF's record after his 1st season at Iowa? KF's record after his 2nd season?

What would happen to Iowa football after a few quick firings? Years of desolation and loss for Iowa football says hello.

Wait, Ron, you're implying Davis should've been fired during his first season at Iowa? What was KF's record after his 1st season at Iowa? KF's record after his 2nd season?

What would happen to Iowa football after a few quick firings? Years of desolation and loss for Iowa football says hello.

So basically what we have now.

You know that old axiom about the definition of insanity?

Iowa football is not really bad because of recruiting it's bad because kirk's sensitive ego.

I agree that it makes no sense to keep arguing for better recruiting when we know the limitations of this staff. If fans want better recruiting, there is only ONE way to get it.

bumpity bump-bump

I want this guarantee to be more specific because (2) is too general.

Is the "someone else" Jake Rudock?

Is Weigers or someone else other than JR starting because CJ is injured?

I want this guarantee to be more specific because (2) is too general.

Is the "someone else" Jake Rudock?

Is Weigers or someone else other than JR starting because CJ is injured?

magic8ball.png

I agree that it makes no sense to keep arguing for better recruiting when we know the limitations of this staff. If fans want better recruiting, there is only ONE way to get it.

Bingo

I'm sick of seeing the kids kirk likes play. I want to see the best that Iowa can attract play. I don't care who kirk does or doesn't get along with.

Djk and bernstine come to mind. Do you know what those players could have done hadn't they been in kirk's dog house.

getting in trouble with the law is one thing. Not being kirk's bff is another.

Bingo

I'm sick of seeing the kids kirk likes play. I want to see the best that Iowa can attract play. I don't care who kirk does or doesn't get along with.

Djk and bernstine come to mind. Do you know what those players could have done hadn't they been in kirk's dog house.

getting in trouble with the law is one thing. Not being kirk's bff is another.

I get the Berstine reference, but DJK?? All he did was put him #2 on the depth chart and brought him in the 2nd play of the game. Welp except for one time when he missed a qtr. or 1/2 I think for one of his drug test fails.

So basically what we have now.

You know that old axiom about the definition of insanity?

So your reply to Years of desolation and loss for Iowa football is to say we have that now? You are either too young to know that at one time Iowa football WAS desolation and loss or you just have a bad memory. Look at the Lauterbur (4-28-1) years or the Commings (18-37) years. I'm not saying that Kirk has been good, but he's been MUCH better than these guys. Heck, if we fire him now we may well get a guy like Commings since that is pretty much all that would be left about now; you know, a guy who had absolutely no college coaching experience at all.

I don't think he was saying QB was the problem in 2012. But Rudock not getting a single snap during that absolute dumpster fire of a season (which wasn't Vandy's fault) was ridiculous. We were the only school in FBS that had one guy take every single snap. That's a case where being exceptional isn't a good thing.

Yes, because Jake's lack of garbage time/mop up duty during blowouts in 2012 clearly hampered him in 2013.

Latest posts