I gained a whole new respect for RDM last night

I cannot believe the amount of people on this board the last few weeks who have said we won't miss RDM next year. Who else is going to score 20 for us off this roster? Man I hope dickerson can play.
Obviously you have not followed basketball very closely. Scoring 20 is a very small part of basketball. A team playing together and distributing the basketball, sharing, making the extra pass and defending means more then 20 pts. Give me a TEAM...and we will not miss RDM...now give me RDM on a TEAM and I will take him in a heartbeat...

I cannot believe the amount of people think throwing up 20 shots a game and scoring double figs a game is hard. Anybody else on this team could do it.

Marble didn't just score "double figures", he had 25. Who else on this team could do that? You say ANYONE could do it.

Obviously you have not followed basketball very closely. Scoring 20 is a very small part of basketball. A team playing together and distributing the basketball, sharing, making the extra pass and defending means more then 20 pts. Give me a TEAM...and we will not miss RDM...now give me RDM on a TEAM and I will take him in a heartbeat...

I never said points is all thay matters. That's always just what people talk about on here so that's what I talk about. But RDM fails to do anything but score so I don't understand your point.

Marble didn't just score "double figures", he had 25. Who else on this team could do that? You say ANYONE could do it.

He took 18 shots. 8 of his points were from the line. He scored 24. So he scored 16 pts om 18 shots. Terrible.

I get it. The guy that produces is selfish while the guy that does head-fakes at 20' with nobody on him is the team player or the guard that drives into 7 footers at the rim to miss or have them swatted away is a team player.

Here's a clue for you -- FGM/A last nine games: MG and AW
W - Mich . 3/5 . . . 4/8
W - PSU . 4/8 . . . 6/12
L - Wis . . 4/10 . . . 2/5
L - Min . . 6/15 . . . 8/11
L - Ind . . 3/12 . . . 6/8
W - Pur . . 3/11 . .. 3/9
L - MSU . . 2/5 . . . 5/8
L - ILL . . . 4/13 . . 3/6
L - NW . . . 0/10 . . 2/2

Notice a trend there Sherlock?

Where is it written in stone that Gessell should be the starting PG next season. His shooting is Very inconsistent and sometimes awful. He can't make FT down the stretch either. I hope Dickerson is given every opportunity to win the starting job. And, I hope he is a better player for Iowa's sake.

RDM did what he does in all close games he is given the keys by Fran to win the game. We've seen this ****** over and over to close out games. Used to be Fran would pull MG and insert RDM at point so he always had ball.

He took 18 shots. 8 of his points were from the line. He scored 24. So he scored 16 pts om 18 shots. Terrible.

So? He was 8-18, for 44.4%. Not great, but hardly "terrible". Besides, who else was going to do better? Uthoff had a nice game.. Who else?

Where are the people ripping Mike Gesell's performance last night? Dude was awful and was throwing up brick after brick, but RDM has become the newest whipping boy. I'll take RDM's performance over that mess any day. 0-10. Yeah, pretty sweet. Let's bag on Marble instead!

Oh by the way, Marble led the team in assists last night.

Marble played an excellent game last night. He made a couple of passes/assists that were just beautiful. I don't think many realize how tough he is on the defensive end of the court. Would I have liked him to be a little bit better of a leader?? Yes.........Will the Hawks miss him next year......Yes. Hawks would have lost by double digits if Marble had not been in the line up last night.

I get it. The guy that produces is selfish while the guy that does head-fakes at 20' with nobody on him is the team player or the guard that drives into 7 footers at the rim to miss or have them swatted away is a team player.

Here's a clue for you -- FGM/A last nine games: MG and AW
W - Mich . 3/5 . . . 4/8
W - PSU . 4/8 . . . 6/12
L - Wis . . 4/10 . . . 2/5
L - Min . . 6/15 . . . 8/11
L - Ind . . 3/12 . . . 6/8
W - Pur . . 3/11 . .. 3/9
L - MSU . . 2/5 . . . 5/8
L - ILL . . . 4/13 . . 3/6
L - NW . . . 0/10 . . 2/2

Notice a trend there Sherlock?

Where is it written in stone that Gessell should be the starting PG next season. His shooting is Very inconsistent and sometimes awful. He can't make FT down the stretch either. I hope Dickerson is given every opportunity to win the starting job. And, I hope he is a better player for Iowa's sake.

You need to put the crack pipe down for ripping on MG. Seriously dude !!!

I never said points is all thay matters. That's always just what people talk about on here so that's what I talk about. But RDM fails to do anything but score so I don't understand your point.

You realize that Devyn, who fails to do anything but score, led the team in steals, was 2nd on the team in assists, and lead our guards in rebounding. We all get that you're not his biggest fan, but don't take away what he's done. He's put up all around good numbers, which are not influenced by how many times a game he shoots the ball. Don't throw out crap like he does nothing but score, it doesn't help you're argument.

He is a talented player I will give him that. He however has not fulfilled his role as the leader of this team. He is selfish, the game is about him, he does not make those around him better in any way shape or form. Michael Jordan often talked of his greatness as being able to make those around him better. I heard him speak once and talked about BJ Armstrong and how he took it upon himself to help put BJ in places he could succeed. When is the last time you have seen Marble get in guys faces, demand more of them??? This team is listless and on life support. Did you see everyone come to Devyn's rescue when he went down???? Not one player came to help him up...not one! Watch a true leader like Dougie McDermott.

Are you freaking kidding me? You think you can designate who the player/leader HAS TO BE on any given team? It is statements like this that make me want to puke. RDM gave everything he had to "get this team off the canvas" last night. Gabe and Mikey also put forth good effort, albeit not necessarily rewarded for it. The coach is the only member of the team to be criticized for lack of leadership. End of story.

So? He was 8-18, for 44.4%. Not great, but hardly "terrible". Besides, who else was going to do better? Uthoff had a nice game.. Who else?

Where are the people ripping Mike Gesell's performance last night? Dude was awful and was throwing up brick after brick, but RDM has become the newest whipping boy. I'll take RDM's performance over that mess any day. 0-10. Yeah, pretty sweet. Let's bag on Marble instead!

Cuz he doesn't force it and passes the ball when needed most times. But trust me I'm not a fan of him shooting.

You're right he was 8 of 18. You know what the rest of the team shot? 12 of 44 or 27% and that's including Utoff's numbers who actually had a good game. Not going to throw out the word "terrible" but given the choice I'd rather be 8 of 18 from the field with 8 made free throws for 24 points then 12 of 44 from the field with 8 free throws for 37 points like the rest of the team did.

You realize that Devyn, who fails to do anything but score, led the team in steals, was 2nd on the team in assists, and lead our guards in rebounding. We all get that you're not his biggest fan, but don't take away what he's done. He's put up all around good numbers, which are not influenced by how many times a game he shoots the ball. Don't throw out crap like he does nothing but score, it doesn't help you're argument.

He's 6'7". He should be leading the team for guards. Don't tell me where he stands on the team for assists. He averages 2 assists a game. Tell me where that is in the B1G among guards.

Utoff and Marble combined for 42 of our 62 points and Utoff's 17 were off the bench. Not calling players out or taking cheap shots but I don't expect win's when 4 of our starting 5 combine for a total of 7 points.

He's 6'7". He should be leading the team for guards. Don't tell me where he stands on the team for assists. He averages 2 assists a game. Tell me where that is in the B1G among guards.

You may want to recheck your assist totals. 3.5 assists per game and 2 assists per game are a ways off don't you think? but anything to help your argument.

Marble is not our point guard this year, so he is not going to lead the league in "assists per game". Besides, he led the team in assists last night. And that's passing to other guys who shot 27% collectively!

Latest posts