I expect Iowa to retain its solid 2010 recruiting class

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
That's the way it looks right now, and that's a good thing.

Call it a Top 30, Top 40, Top 50 class (whatever you want, it's semantics).
The fact is, it's one of the better classes Iowa has had in the past 10 years.

That's the way it looks right now, and that's a good thing.

Call it a Top 30, Top 40, Top 50 class (whatever you want, it's semantics).
The fact is, it's one of the better classes Iowa has had in the past 10 years.
It would surprise me if anyone changed their minds with a more BB friendly Coach and style coming to IC.
My gut feeling though is that FM may need one or two guys to move on to be able to structure new recruits for weaknesses and class distribution.

If McCaffery can end up retaining another coach's players, that would speak volumes! We've had continous player attrition for a few years now and if coach can retain this class and current roster as the NEW coach, he will have accomplished something Lick was never able to do. Then the question will be, who HIS staff recruits.

My gut feeling though is that FM may need one or two guys to move on to be able to structure new recruits for weaknesses and class distribution.
I believe there will be two open scholarships (one being Tucker's) when things settle. This class might have 5 or 6 in it, perhaps. I'd guess 5, though.

I also think there will be 2 open scholarships when the dust settles.

I agree that one will be filled - I am betting on Allen.

Beyond that, I expect at least another to open up for next season.

I hope we can keep them also. It will be a challenge. I would suspect that Fran has never talked to any of them prior to yesterday. that is a lot of ground to make up. Brust and Marble had great senior years and may have opened up some eyes of coaches that did not previously offer them. A lot of teams have some turnover in players right now and some schollies will open up a good schools that have more stability then Iowa.

So the speculation begins...who will not stick around?
Clearly,Spank feels we will lose one player...who?
Personally, I am ok with making the hard decisions right away,and not having the slow bleed that lick ended up dealing with in terms of the prior regimes recruits.

If everyone sticks,he only has two schollys to fill before 2012....three years before a real full class of Fran recruits to hit the floor...arrgh...this transition deal stinks,especially when you go from moderate ball, to slo-ball ,to fast ball in a three year period.

How will there be 2? I thought there was just one left.

Who is going to head out?

Bawinkel's scholly is open with his graduation, plus Tucker's. So we've got two. I wouldn't be surprised if they banked both of them unless there's someone who decides they want to transfer and opens up a third scholly. I'm not saying any of that WILL happen, but it wouldn't surprise me. It would be nice to have more than two schollys available for next year's class, with Zeller and Randle, plus anyone else FM might want to bring in.

That's what I was thinking. But, I was thinking Archie. Didn't see him anywhere yesterday.

Also, I think another will leave either over the summer or after next season.

Archie is my thoughts, as well.
For the record, I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING. This is pure speculation on my part.

Bawinkel's scholly is open with his graduation, plus Tucker's. So we've got two. I wouldn't be surprised if they banked both of them unless there's someone who decides they want to transfer and opens up a third scholly. I'm not saying any of that WILL happen, but it wouldn't surprise me. It would be nice to have more than two schollys available for next year's class, with Zeller and Randle, plus anyone else FM might want to bring in.
Iowa only has 1 current open scholarship.

So, you feel that Ben is going to stick with his commitment? He is the only one that I was really worried that would reconsider. It is good news if he is staying though. I know him and Roy are pretty good friends and will be roommates, so maybe Roy helped convince him to stay.

I would love it if iowa retained all the recruits, the roster -minus 1 big and added a PG.

Given the tempo Iowa will be looking at I would say Cougill would be the least likely to prosper in this system. I'm not sure if he is the big expected to depart but that would be my guess.

Latest posts