I expect Iowa to retain its solid 2010 recruiting class

I'm not suggesting he can't , just he seems less likely as he doesn't seem to move 94 feet real fast.

I am not only suggesting that he can't it has been proven throughout the season that he can't run. His body shape is odd and he's often stuck about 5 feet on either side of the halfline when he should be in the paint. If I could pick a player to leave I would pick Cougill he's not up to the B10.

I wish people would lay off Cougill, he should have been redshirted last year but was forced into action. He just needs time with the strength and conditioning coach. With his shooting range Cougill can create some problems for opposing defenses.

Also, Brommer was one of the most improved players I seen last year. It seemed like every game he was getting better and better. I would really hate to see him leave.

I am not only suggesting that he can't it has been proven throughout the season that he can't run. His body shape is odd and he's often stuck about 5 feet on either side of the halfline when he should be in the paint. If I could pick a player to leave I would pick Cougill he's not up to the B10.

I wouldn't go so far as to completely rule out his ability to condition himself and adapt.]]Still, if this system is up tempo up and down the court, the Brennen I saw this year doesn't seem well suited for that.

CAARHawk, you'd have to have had access to practices or to someone else who watched them regularly to know where Archie stands right now in his development. Do you have that kind of access?

I do, and he will not see the floor. I wish him well, but I hope the days of recruiting players like him are long gone. He is such an offensive liability that it will be tough for him at this level.

If we lose a big, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Brommer leaves. His averages last yr: 8.4 min, 1.7 ppg, 1.3 reb - know he's only a soph but that is not much contribution.

And I'm curious as to why several people are saying Archie will leave or should leave....why would he leave? Unless he doesn't think he can compete for p.t.....and we haven't even seen him play yet. He's gotta be better than Brommer...

I do, and he will not see the floor. I wish him well, but I hope the days of recruiting players like him are long gone. He is such an offensive liability that it will be tough for him at this level.

so are you saying he wouldnt compete with Brommer for pt??

If we lose a big, I wouldn't be too disappointed if Brommer leaves. His averages last yr: 8.4 min, 1.7 ppg, 1.3 reb - know he's only a soph but that is not much contribution.

And I'm curious as to why several people are saying Archie will leave or should leave....why would he leave? Unless he doesn't think he can compete for p.t.....and we haven't even seen him play yet. He's gotta be better than Brommer...

Were you watching the games? Brommer was getting better as the season progressed and was definately a lot better than he was last year. The kid was working hard to get playing time and I think a kid willing to work is a kid worth keeping around especially one that is 6-9 220+ lbs.

Yes I was watching the games....he may be working hard, sure. I don't think he'd be a big loss. And if Archie really wouldn't compete w/ him for pt, then both of them wouldn't be big losses....and would free up a couple schollies for Fran to use to get some guys he wants for his style of play.

He may very well be heading to SMU?? (I have no info on that, just want I read on this board last week)

I certainly hope not! I've seen him play several times this year, and he could really fit in well. I thought he'd fit well in Lick's system, as he can shoot the 3 pretty well, and he's also a very good distributor. But he's an even better fit in an uptempo system.

I wish people would lay off Cougill, he should have been redshirted last year but was forced into action. He just needs time with the strength and conditioning coach. With his shooting range Cougill can create some problems for opposing defenses.

Also, Brommer was one of the most improved players I seen last year. It seemed like every game he was getting better and better. I would really hate to see him leave.

+1, I think people forget that we have not had a S&C coach in basketball for a while. Whether under Lick's system or McCaffery's system, Cougs needs a nutritional and S&C plan to be successful at this level. If he is not willing to put in the time/effort on that side of the game... well, I wish him well where ever he ends up. If he does, and slims down/add muscle/athleticism/whatever, I am excited to see his skillset in an uptempo system actually.

Yes I was watching the games....he may be working hard, sure. I don't think he'd be a big loss. And if Archie really wouldn't compete w/ him for pt, then both of them wouldn't be big losses....and would free up a couple schollies for Fran to use to get some guys he wants for his style of play.

I think he would be a big loss since we have not seen Archie play yet and they are not that deep with big men. They got to have some depth inside.

I heard he was in on a solid PG that was between Siena and West Virginia...anyone know more of this?

He committed to George Mason today but that doesn't necessarily mean he can't still end up at Iowa. I don't think LOI's can be signed until April 1st if not later than that. He was committed to West Virginia until Mazzala or whatever his name ended up coming back next year and there was no scholarship left. Sounds like he was only looking at Siena because of Coach Fran. Also it was said that he wants to play at as high a level as possible.

Saw the youtube video on him and he's definitely a great athlete. And at 6'3" 205, he's got a body ready to compete in the Big Ten today. Very good handles as well with a very good crossover.

Latest posts