I am gauranteeing the board Daniels and Wadley each exceed 1,000 yards this year

sounds good, but I don't think that's how KF thinks. I'm not trying to say he's a bad coach. His system has served him well. But when it's off.... and it oft centers around offensive fire power and predictability. Although both were injured last year, yes Daniels is probably more durable. Throw either of them into conservative play calling....

He's not bad. The problem is when he is good, he is great. But when he's stubborn he costs himself several games a year. That stubbornness feels like hubris way too often. I still remember him inventing an award to give Doyle a few months after Rhabdo. Terrible optics.

Do you listen to the Miller and Deace podcasts? If not, they are a good listen. They talked about this very thing, and they were thinking much like I am on this subject. Use Wadley conservatively now, and he will have fresh legs and be good to go in November. No sense in using him too heavily now and wearing him down, especially with Daniels playing so well.

Also hopefully this will keep Daniels healthy too. Lets not forget he's the one who is injury-prone and is also having a great start.

Barring injury, one of them will get more carries as the schedule toughens. My bet is on Wadley. This team lacks speed overall on offense. Wadley greatly improves that aspect. It will be quite noticeable.

Actually, "barring injury" they are giving opponents nightmares as a tandem. If they can stay healthy they will both get a lot of touches. In all likelihood, injuries will be the factor that makes one get higher numbers than the other.

Huh? Boy, I think you read me wrong.

I needed the bump.

lol-002.jpg

Last edited:
Fine, I was way off on DMX. Don't know why he is banned from the field.

But I did make all of you a promise about Daniels and Wadley.

Daniels - 855 yards (rec 67) total offense - 922

Wadley - 861 yards. (rec 275) total offense 1,136

Fine, I was way off on DMX. Don't know why he is banned from the field.

But I did make all of you a promise about Daniels and Wadley.

Daniels - 855 yards (rec 67) total offense - 922

Wadley - 861 yards. (rec 275) total offense 1,136

Couple decent games running and Daniels and Wadley should hit the mark in just rushing. DMX gonna have to go crazy though. Just not sure what's up with him not getting snaps....

close but not likely

Hey did you know that Iowa is once again very balanced in yardage - remember last year how the production split was nearly identical.

Well here you go again

IOWA - RUSHING 1799
IOWA - PASSING 1792

I agree, and I actually believe he was being rested last week because he will be more critical against nebby. I could be wrong.

Guess who delivered against Debby? Daniels.

Anyway - Daniels 1013 rushing yards

Wadley - 966

They'll both be over 1,000 after the bowl game.

Still can't explain why Mitchell has been punished all year. Coaching pettiness?

Wadley - 966

Still can't explain why Mitchell has been punished all year. Coaching pettiness?

Daniels was great. I'm a big fan. not sure what's up with DMX situation.

Wadley - 966

Good call on the 1000 yards for Wadley and Daniels Josh. Not worried about Michell tho, as any carries he would have gotten would have taken away from Wadley and Daniels touches.

A difference of 1.5 yards per carry is pretty big to ignore if you're the coaching staff trying to decide who to give more carries to. It's great that Daniels is as good as he is because I have a feeling we would be seeing the exact same thing if it was Weisman instead of Daniels this year.

Wadley - 966

He was hurt most of the year, but supposedly has been okay the last two weeks. It is kinda interesting he's been getting no snaps as tough as the passing game has been.