Husker fans give respect to perfect Iowa

1hawkeye1

Congratulations Iowa thread
Unfortunately, some moron named Hawkeye2011, went over there and had a meltdown while basically blasting every Husker fan, player, coach, and the entire history of the Nebraska program.

Whoever you are; thanks a lot, dumbarse.

Last edited:
There always has to be one of those in every crowd. It was decent of them to do that. Hey 74Hunter it's ok because I wouldn't root for you either. 2 bad you got banned over here on Hawkeye Nation. LOL

Congratulations Iowa thread
Unfortunately, some moron named Hawkeye2011, went over there and had a meltdown while basically blasting every Husker fan, player, coach, and the entire history of the Nebraska program.

Whoever you are; thanks a lot, dumbarse.

All fan bases have morons. Unfortunately Hawkeye2011 is one of the biggest ones I've read in a while. He obviously appears to be a product of in-breeding which never produces good results.

I remember flipping over there and HMax as well as reddit and many were very good sportsmen about the game. Whoever this nut is they certainly do not represent the sum total of Hawkeye fans; not by a long shot.

I didn't read the thread but I read a Husker Moderator on Rivals that said Iowa fans were the worst fans Nebraska has ever had to deal with (worst than Colorado and Missouri). The moderator is pretty obnoxious about it. I still can't believe the Nebraska crowd was cheering the injured Iowa player (I heard) and the Nebraska players were giving each other high fives (I saw). Pretty classless is an understatement. There better be some crow eaten for as much false bravado Nebraska fans were dishing out.

Last edited:
Hello Hawk fans,

I'm one of the moderators on that board, I appreciate you guys saying something to one another about that individual. Obviously his stay was short on our site. Hats off to Iowa for finishing the season undefeated. Obviously we've been there before and it's pretty special when it happens. Enjoy it while you can, being stuck in the rut we've been in for some time now is tough, but it'll show us who the true fans are when/if we ever come out of it.

As a life long Iowan I guess I consider myself less fanatical that other Husker fans and can see reality with the season. I had us winning only 4 games when the season started so I guess the Huskers finished above my expectations.............god that's sad! I also had us losing 10-14 points to Iowa with two picks by Armstrong, he also went above my expectations, but I saw some good things out of the team as the season went on.

Good luck in Indy, pulling for you to beat Sparty and run the table.

Hello Hawk fans,

I'm one of the moderators on that board, I appreciate you guys saying something to one another about that individual. Obviously his stay was short on our site. Hats off to Iowa for finishing the season undefeated. Obviously we've been there before and it's pretty special when it happens. Enjoy it while you can, being stuck in the rut we've been in for some time now is tough, but it'll show us who the true fans are when/if we ever come out of it.

As a life long Iowan I guess I consider myself less fanatical that other Husker fans and can see reality with the season. I had us winning only 4 games when the season started so I guess the Huskers finished above my expectations.............god that's sad! I also had us losing 10-14 points to Iowa with two picks by Armstrong, he also went above my expectations, but I saw some good things out of the team as the season went on.

Good luck in Indy, pulling for you to beat Sparty and run the table.

Huskers played their hearts out last night and made a game of it. Now that we have a real rivalry going with a full head of steam, I look forward to next year's game even more than I have previously. Thanks for stopping by, Bigrediowan and thanks for the great nail biter!

Huskers played their hearts out last night and made a game of it. Now that we have a real rivalry going with a full head of steam, I look forward to next year's game even more than I have previously. Thanks for stopping by, Bigrediowan and thanks for the great nail biter!

Game was close but certainly was not a nail biter

Nebraska has a great fan base. So does Iowa. It is a rivalry now, but it is all in good fun. Remember, it is just a game, not life and death. Nebraska wins are sweet for Iowa because they really don't happen that often....only 14 times since 1891. Nebraska will be back but right now this is Iowa's time to bask in the glow of success. No matter what, this is a season Iowa fans should never forget....5 trophies so far!

Latest posts