Huff to Creighton

Yep me having lunch with a buddy that happens to be very very close to this team is BS. If you want to think I'm lying then go for it but I wouldn't just say this for my own amusement.

Now, Pay Attention:

[h=2][SUP]1[/SUP]ru·mor[/h] noun \ˈrü-mər\ : information or a story that is passed from person to person but has not been proven to be true

[h=2]Full Definition of RUMOR[/h]1
: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source

: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

Now, Pay Attention:

[SUP]1[/SUP]ru·mor

noun \ˈrü-mər\ : information or a story that is passed from person to person but has not been proven to be true

Full Definition of RUMOR

: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source

: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

if it wouldn't be for the word you are defining, the whole message board concept would be.....how should one put it........like a snowstorm in utah, or a refrigerator in iowa city (or where was that fridge?).......or something along those lines........

I don't know who is the more gutless wonder...water for posting yet another "trust me" story complete with refusal to stand up and be counted when it comes to confirming his source, OR, ankle, who piles on, then pleads innocent in the true "I am not a crook" Nixonian manner. I just don't know who to call the worse coward. Now come on ankle bracelet and waterboard, let us be exposed to your pithy reply!

I don't know who is the more gutless wonder...water for posting yet another "trust me" story complete with refusal to stand up and be counted when it comes to confirming his source, OR, ankle, who piles on, then pleads innocent in the true "I am not a crook" Nixonian manner. I just don't know who to call the worse coward. Now come on ankle bracelet and waterboard, let us be exposed to your pithy reply!

The funny thing about it is ankle is one of, if not the most butthurt poster on this site when people say anything negative about Kirk that is based on actual facts and not just made up random rumors lol

Dear Lord, why can't we just get a coach that has the recruiting skills of Raveling and the coaching skills of Davis?!

Getting back to Huff, not every player wants to come in to a situation where they don't know if they will play. By going to Creighton, Huff is pretty much guaranteed a starting spot. The cupboard is bare next year, and not much more the year after. He should have very little competition for serious playing time.

Plus, maybe a player doesn't see himself as a B1G caliber player, but is more suited to the Big East level. Just a guess on my part. Who knows what attracts the attention of a college student during recruitment.

If I was Huff, I would be more concerned if my coach will still be there for my senior year. But that is getting into the rumor stage, and I would prefer not going there. : )

Absolute BS!
True that.. we have commitments from some promising players. Trey Dickerson was a very important player to bring in and could have a huge impact. Huff was more comfortable with Creighton and obviously doesn't want to compete against the best players in the best conference night in and night out. Let's move on. Fran is in there fighting.

Teams with players that hate their coach have lots of players transfer. That's some dumb crap there.

if it wouldn't be for the word you are defining, the whole message board concept would be.....how should one put it........like a snowstorm in utah, or a refrigerator in iowa city (or where was that fridge?).......or something along those lines........

The difference between sharing an opinion and what water is doing, is that he's presenting his opinion as a fact with no discernible facts to back it up. "My buddy says" isn't proof of anything.

A number of things mentioned here that were alluded to as factors for Huff in his decision making......most importantly, getting to the NCAA tourney in the future. Whether Creighton has a better chance of attaining that in the future vs Iowa is debatable but they certainly have done a better job in recent years than Iowa. Overall sounds like just a better fit in Omaha than with our Hawks ........we move on.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=29466

It's easy to find the trolls in this thread. It's like they're not even trying to be quality trolls.
I wish the trolls would get bent. I mean banned.
The "idea" of Fran being this horrible person and terrible coach gets really old. So does the worshiping of mr perfect in ames. Gag me

The difference between sharing an opinion and what water is doing, is that he's presenting his opinion as a fact with no discernible facts to back it up. "My buddy says" isn't proof of anything.

Might be proof of something. Fact is, water obviously has an inside source with deep knowledge about the Program. He can't come right out and say, "the assistant trainer who is in the locker room every night who knows all the players told me..."

I got nothing bad to say 'bout Fran, but the guy does seem to have a Bobby Knight temper with a Mike Davis resume, which isn't exactly a great combination for a successful coach at this level. There used to be a time where the University of Iowa wasn't even mentioned in the same breath as Creighton in recruiting circles, but now we are losing ball players to them. I get the "hey I'm concerned about minutes" excuse for the kid to avoid Michigan, as they are pretty deep and may land a McDonald's AA at any time, but when I look out at the 2015 Iowa roster, I see no similar excuse. Something ain't right with the program when we lose a recruit to Creighton and I'm inclined to buy into the proffered explanation.

A number of things mentioned here that were alluded to as factors for Huff in his decision making......most importantly, getting to the NCAA tourney in the future. Whether Creighton has a better chance of attaining that in the future vs Iowa is debatable but they certainly have done a better job in recent years than Iowa. Overall sounds like just a better fit in Omaha than with our Hawks ........we move on.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=29466

Puh-lease. Iowa's last NCAA tournament win was over Creighton so therefore Iowa is the better program.

Latest posts