Huff to Creighton

I have been around here for longer than 7 months, regardless of what my join date says.

That being said, there are a couple fails in your post. Who are the high profile targets Fran lost out on?

Ulis? Kentucky came calling otherwise he was coming to Iowa. Its hard to fault Fran on that one.

Toye? Iowa stopped recruiting Toye when Hutton verballed.

Atwood? He wanted a guarantee that he would start, Fran said he would have to earn it. Fran did the right thing there.

Huff? Fran probably missed on this one but nobody gets all their targets.

The other thing is there are 5 rides available for this class so I would guess Fran is going to fill all 5 so he would need more than a center and a power forward. The ideal 3, IMHO, would be Dillard, Semic and either Morrow or Boudreaux.

Do you follow recruiting or do you just come here and **** and moan when a kid that Iowa was targeting at one time verbals elsewhere?

So basically you yourself are saying Fran missed out on three players he had been pursuing (we won't count Toye). Amirite?

So basically you yourself are saying Fran missed out on three players he had been pursuing (we won't count Toye). Amirite?

Fran "misses out" on 20-25 players a year if you want to count every player he offers that doesnt come to Iowa.

I wont hold it against Fran and start demanding certain results by a certain date or start demanding a change because he came in 2nd to Kentucky for a McDonald's All-American or because he wouldnt promise a JUCO kid a starting spot.

You obviously feel that is the right approach to take but I dont.

Fran recruits plenty of talent. That wasn't the issue last year, and won't be going forward. I just hope all of the guys coming in have their heads on straight, because there are baffling things that happen in Iowa basketball.

I'm still annoyed at the bad luck it took to lose Ulis.

This. Larry Brown pulls a rabbit out of his hat and gets Muiday to sign with SMU and that is the only reason Kentucky offered Ulis.

Twatter wont have any of it though. Fran has trouble closing the deal and if things dont get better in a couple years things need to change, according to him.

This. Larry Brown pulls a rabbit out of his hat and gets Muiday to sign with SMU and that is the only reason Kentucky offered Ulis.

Twatter wont have any of it though. Fran has trouble closing the deal and if things dont get better in a couple years things need to change, according to him.

You know you're Iowa basketball when smu finds a way to screw you.

Latest posts