Huff to Creighton

Might be proof of something. Fact is, water obviously has an inside source with deep knowledge about the Program. He can't come right out and say, "the assistant trainer who is in the locker room every night who knows all the players told me..."

I got nothing bad to say 'bout Fran, but the guy does seem to have a Bobby Knight temper with a Mike Davis resume, which isn't exactly a great combination for a successful coach at this level. There used to be a time where the University of Iowa wasn't even mentioned in the same breath as Creighton in recruiting circles, but now we are losing ball players to them. I get the "hey I'm concerned about minutes" excuse for the kid to avoid Michigan, as they are pretty deep and may land a McDonald's AA at any time, but when I look out at the 2015 Iowa roster, I see no similar excuse. Something ain't right with the program when we lose a recruit to Creighton and I'm inclined to buy into the proffered explanation.

Let's not be starting accusatory rumors, Mr. 4prez!

Melsahn Basabe's twitter avatar. This certainly looks like a guy who can't stand Fran.

2kG-K1Yb.jpeg

Tool.

This and the Hawkcentral article about how Marble and the team is a team.

To be fair though...what kind of a person wouldn't rally behind someone who had a kid going through that? I mean it could be the person I despised most in the world...and if they were going through that...I would be the first person to put a shirt on and raise some money for them.

To be fair though...what kind of a person wouldn't rally behind someone who had a kid going through that? I mean it could be the person I despised most in the world...and if they were going through that...I would be the first person to put a shirt on and raise some money for them.

You are a rare brand of a person. One that needs to be congratulated.

Trust me. I thought it was Marble. I was told wrong by a person that is closest you get on the team without being a player or coach. This person told me they don't like Fran and neither does the team. They said that the team likes Fran's coaching strategy and the way they play the game but they dislike him as a person. He apparently took it too far last year with the players by taking too many unnecessary jabs when they were already down. I was told he found their weak spot and just and just beat them down with his harsh words.

I don't trust you as a matter of fact you should be ousted from this board for posting BS like that.

Trust me. I thought it was Marble. I was told wrong by a person that is closest you get on the team without being a player or coach. This person told me they don't like Fran and neither does the team. They said that the team likes Fran's coaching strategy and the way they play the game but they dislike him as a person. He apparently took it too far last year with the players by taking too many unnecessary jabs when they were already down. I was told he found their weak spot and just and just beat them down with his harsh words.
If you're just going to make things up and post them you should go to cyfan where 99% is make believe.

Yep me having lunch with a buddy that happens to be very very close to this team is BS. If you want to think I'm lying then go for it but I wouldn't just say this for my own amusement.
Guys who say they have a source close to the program never have a source. This smacks of cyfan rumors they start over there and then they get rosey palms over it.

"WaterboyHawkeye". Joined Jan of 2014. good god...could you at least TRY...to fake it.

One more clone troll who can't stay out of Hawkeye-land. This is getting pathetic.

While I usually appreciate Jon's open approach to message board engagement, there are times I wish he would follow Chrissy Williams' footsteps and have a troupe of little Gestapo who stay logged on 24/7 from their Mom's basement and quickly delete any posts or posters suspected of supporting the "other" school or of not strictly spouting The Line.

I do take it as a positive that so many Clowns want to spend their time here. I can't blame them, considering the prominence of Iowa Athletics versus what they're left to follow in Ames.

Last edited:
While I usually appreciate Jon's open approach to message board engagement, there are times I wish he would follow Chrissy Williams' footsteps and have a troupe of little Gestapo who stay logged on 24/7 from their Mom's basement and quickly delete any posts or posters suspected of supporting the "other" school or of not strictly spouting The Line.

I do take it as a positive that so many Clowns want to spend their time here. I can't blame them, considering the prominence of Iowa Athletics versus what they're left to follow in Ames.

I havent seen you comment on Fleming's verbal yet. Do you only come around and comment on basketball/recruiting when things dont go well for Iowa?

I havent seen you comment on Fleming's verbal yet. Do you only come around and comment on basketball/recruiting when things dont go well for Iowa?

I didn't realize you were keeping a list.

Anyone who has been around here longer than seven months knows that I have been very positive about Fran and the program. That support doesn't mean a person can't express concern on losing out on some high profile targets in recent months.

As far as Fleming, he looks like a solid pick up. Fran was competitive with other name programs and as far as a verbal commitment, won. The challenges now will be to get these 2015 guys signed and to campus, and to round out that class with a center and power forward.

I didn't realize you were keeping a list.

Anyone who has been around here longer than seven months knows that I have been very positive about Fran and the program. That support doesn't mean a person can't express concern on losing out on some high profile targets in recent months.

As far as Fleming, he looks like a solid pick up. Fran was competitive with other name programs and as far as a verbal commitment, won. The challenges now will be to get these 2015 guys signed and to campus, and to round out that class with a center and power forward.

I have been around here for longer than 7 months, regardless of what my join date says.

That being said, there are a couple fails in your post. Who are the high profile targets Fran lost out on?

Ulis? Kentucky came calling otherwise he was coming to Iowa. Its hard to fault Fran on that one.

Toye? Iowa stopped recruiting Toye when Hutton verballed.

Atwood? He wanted a guarantee that he would start, Fran said he would have to earn it. Fran did the right thing there.

Huff? Fran probably missed on this one but nobody gets all their targets.

The other thing is there are 5 rides available for this class so I would guess Fran is going to fill all 5 so he would need more than a center and a power forward. The ideal 3, IMHO, would be Dillard, Semic and either Morrow or Boudreaux.

Do you follow recruiting or do you just come here and **** and moan when a kid that Iowa was targeting at one time verbals elsewhere?

Latest posts