Howe: It’s Brian Ferentz’s Time to Be Iowa’s Offensive Coordinator

I already gave you one. Bob Stoops! Call some of the coaches that actually coached against him. It's not rocket science for those of us with a brain. I can see why you struggle to grasp it, however. Every Texas fan knew. The Texas ADs have known for years. You're a moron that just wants to argue. Go waste someone else's time.

Texas AD's knew ??!?!?!??!? That is news my man! Texas AD's knew yet let him stay on to be OC for a title team. Damn they are generous people down there in Texas. Old GD must have been well connected with someone and then to blind luck stumble on a national title.

Or Mike Tomlin... the list goes on and on. People who are arguing this hire just don't like KF. Which is a separate point entirely. Brian is as experienced as he could possibly be at his age. There's nothing else he could have done. He deserves this chance. I think he's going to do a hell of a good job.

They are the same people who would have been fist pumping if PJ Fleck came to Iowa! What has he done? How old is he? They loathe Kirk and now they loathe him more because he hired his son. Its like the people we all know one where they just complain about every damn thing there is. If it were me, I would walk away from it and I sure as hell would not be on here all the time whining like little kids about it. Go away. Find another team or get a fall hobby until Kirk is gone.

The best fit and philosophy is one thing but more important is the play calling. I think you can have situations where you may not have a great philosophy or talent that matches what you want to do but if you can call good plays at the right time it goes a long way. I can't say that Davis had a terrible philosophy on his own and it is true he was not the sole decision maker but to tell me that his play calling was awesome and he was just hindered by the philosophy is garbage. His play calling was terrible and had nothing to do with the "philosophy" KF wants. Time will tell if BF is a good play caller who not only has some guts to make gutsy calls, break tendencies, and create mismatches, but also to challenge his dad if need be.

So in every year we beat ISU then your year is made! So this year you should have been ecstatic about the season!

Not even close to what I said, Beating ISU should be expected, just like beating FCS teams. They're going to get an occasional upset, it happens...but a .500 record against them...come on.

Texas AD's knew ??!?!?!??!? That is news my man! Texas AD's knew yet let him stay on to be OC for a title team. Damn they are generous people down there in Texas. Old GD must have been well connected with someone and then to blind luck stumble on a national title.
Mack Brown protected GD for as long as he could. You don't read much....do you. Missed all of the details about GD when we hired him...huh? Not surprised as you're just not very bright. I'm done educating you.

Brian is the best fit for Kirk and stands the best chance to tweak the head coach's philosophy. KF is here for the foreseeable future. You run the risk of another GD situation if you go that route.

What will change with Brian? Same old. Yawn. Iowa offense is ugly most every year. A few more years of Kirk. Then head job handed to Brian. Nice gig. I am director of a government agency. I have had openings in my office that my wife would have been the best candidate for. I am not allowed to hire a family member. Was Brian the best possible candidate? Hell, Iowa did not even look. Probably be a few more Ferentz boys cashing Iowa checks in the future, too.

Bingo... I don't think it could be more of a no brainer either. Bringing Philbin in or someone like that to playcate to Kirk would very likely be Greg Davis 2.0 Brian can stand up to his Dad in ways outsiders can't or at least wouldn't. Brian clearly is opinionated, aggressive and wants to do well. He doesn't want to have the 120 something worse passing offense. He'll be aggressive in recruiting and everything. He'd be the jolt the program needs
Where has he been the past couple years? Could he not get in his dad's ear in regard to the ugly ass offense?

I did. And on the fifth page of results was the first entry about a university incident. And it was about the OSU women's lacrosse team, dated 2013.

OK, google Rhabdo and universities then. Not what came up for me. Google must be able to read minds.

Depends on how you are defining "qualified." I think he is the best fit with the best chance to affect changes necessary for the offense to move forward. That's what I wrote about.
Why? What is Brian's offensive philosophy? What offense is he going to run? What is he going to tweak? No way is Brian the best candidate for this job and Iowa did not even try to find that person. This was a total gift to his son that I am sure involves a great deal of money. It amazes me the power given to head football coaches. The Iowa program will again be the butt of many jokes and commentaries with this move.

Where has he been the past couple years? Could he not get in his dad's ear in regard to the ugly ass offense?
Chain of command. Do you think he was going to step all over Davis's toes? That'd be a pretty fast way to fall out of favor for the job to begin with. Coaches know the pecking order in which they rank on a staff. You assume he never had any dissent? I'll bet he did but didn't have the power to change much...

Wow 12 pages already,don't want to read them all so I won't ,anyone say Congratulations or are most negative.Lets give him a chance,he's young with some new ideas.Good Luck on your new position.

Chain of command. Do you think he was going to step all over Davis's toes? That'd be a pretty fast way to fall out of favor for the job to begin with. Coaches know the pecking order in which they rank on a staff. You assume he never had any dissent? I'll bet he did but didn't have the power to change much...
He could certainly voice his opinion over dinner at home. Ferentz will Never change. Tune in next year for the first game. You will see very little change. If Kirk wanted to change, he could have it at any time,regardless of who the coordinator is.

Exactly. I don't go to the CEO if I don't like what my manager does.

Wow 12 pages already,don't want to read them all so I won't ,anyone say Congratulations or are most negative.Lets give him a chance,he's young with some new ideas.Good Luck on your new position.

Yup. Congrats and Thanks daddy for not looking for an offensive coordinator that has a legitimate offensive coordinator resume'

Latest posts