Howard should be done at Michigan

I thought it was punch as well, but replay showed Juwan reaching fast for this dude's face. Gard is a douche for a calling a timeout with 5 seconds left up 15. Juwan should have power bombed Gard. I hate Wisconsin.
So an ill-timed timeout warrants taking a swing at someone? Yeah...

BTW, if you listened to Gard's explanation of the time out (Michigan was playing pressure, rather than just letting them just run out the clock...think PJ Fleck @ MN 2020) it makes sense and he was trying to explain that to Howard. Howard, on the other hand...just lost it. Once you start the finger point into the face or chest...you're an asshole.

I'm no Gard fan, I think Wiscy often plays on the edge of dirty (can't think of a player I despise more than Davison). But in this case...Jawan is in the wrong.

Howard still has to walk away. That could have been a full scale riot. Debris was being thrown on the court.

Anyone see Purdue/Rutgers today? Ivey dunked on McConnell then there was a brief stare down. McConnell threw his hands up and walked away as quickly as he enticed Ivey and let Jayden have his moment to mug for the camera.

Gard is a creep. He coaches Davison and his thug ball. Wisconsin threw a lot of punches. EVERYONE who threw a punch should be suspended for the rest of the year. Of course Howard d should be suspended as well.
Mussa Diabate was one of them and that would be a huge break for Iowa in a couple weeks if he gets suspended after how he toyed with us Thursday night.

BTW, if you listened to Gard's explanation of the time out (Michigan was playing pressure, rather than just letting them just run out the clock...think PJ Fleck @ MN 2020) it makes sense and he was trying to explain that to Howard. Howard, on the other hand...just lost it. Once you start the finger point into the face or chest...you're an asshole.

I'm no Gard fan, I think Wiscy often plays on the edge of dirty (can't think of a player I despise more than Davison). But in this case...Jawan is in the wrong.
Davison frequently plays over the edge of dirty. At least two documented incidents of punching a player in the groin. Rolling into Minnesota's Dupree McBrayer legs from behind, sticking his foot in Illinois Chester Frazier's landing area, going for Indiana's Xavier Johnson's eyes last week. He's the worst cheap shot artist I've seen this side of Grayson Allen.

Davison frequently plays over the edge of dirty. At least two documented incidents of punching a player in the groin. Rolling into Minnesota's Dupree McBrayer legs from behind, sticking his foot in Illinois Chester Frazier's landing area, going for Indiana's Xavier Johnson's eyes last week. He's the worst cheap shot artist I've seen this side of Grayson Allen.
Bill Laimbeer is blushing.

In a closer look at what transpired after the game, Gard made the first wrong move by grabbing Juwan...that started it. Wisky assistant coach didn't help the situation either. He came in trash talking and Juwan threw out the weird slap/punch.
You are absolutely right. If Gard goes unpunished it would be a huge mistake. Gard grabbed JH. JH did nothing to deserve that. He just chose not to shake Gard’s hand. I don’t have any love for JH. I have always respected Gard. I was actually shocked when I saw the video where he grabbed JH. That did start the brawl. JH should suffer serious consequences. So should Gard.

Should consideration be given for the fact that Howard was doing his best to just get through the line and then Gard grabbed him. Howard was initially just trying to get the heck out of dodge because he knew he was close to losing it but Gard didn’t let him and then it spiraled out of control.
Right.

Saw the replay again and Gard grabbed Juwan's arm first. Then an Wisconsin assistant came in aggressively and wasn't helping the situation. So at this point, things escalated. Juwan said he was protecting himself.....that seems to be a stretch. Bottom line, Gard and his assistant are a lot like that knob, Davidson. He'll give you a shot in the crotch and look around saying,"What?"

Prediction: Howard gets fired, Gard and his assistant get formal reprimands from the B1G and are suspended at least two games.

After all video and statements are reviewed, at least a couple players from both teams will be suspended.

Saw the replay again and Gard grabbed Juwan's arm first. Then an Wisconsin assistant came in aggressively and wasn't helping the situation. So at this point, things escalated. Juwan said he was protecting himself.....that seems to be a stretch. Bottom line, Gard and his assistant are a lot like that knob, Davidson. He'll give you a shot in the crotch and look around saying,"What?"
That's a key point. When two head coaches are having a discussion most dislike it when an assistant coach gets involved. Bobby Knight, no stranger to confrontations, spoke of this liberally when Kentucky assistant (and future Iowa State head coach) Lynn Nance once got involved in a discussion between Knight and Joe B Hall.

Prediction: Howard gets fired, Gard and his assistant get formal reprimands from the B1G and are suspended at least two games.

After all video and statements are reviewed, at least a couple players from both teams will be suspended.
Howard should be fired but will be only if influential alumni demand it. And also his status as a Michigan legend may save him. Barely.

If the alumni don't get involved to much I say he will be suspended the rest of the season, and required to attend "anger management sessions".

Last edited:
It's time to get rid of the handshake line before someone gets a jaw broken or worse. After Covid many teams stopped doing it anyway.

Yea but doesn't that just play into our issue in society now. About having self-control, teaching young men and women about self-control and sportsmanship. Is the answer just to run away or move the goal posts any time something gets uncomfortable?

"Ok, self-control is becoming an issue, instead of learning how to handle it, lets just not do it anymore." That just seems too lazy to me.

The milennials and our young people these days already are living with much shorter attention spans and live in the moment too much. Many can't seem to handle adversity anymore. At least the coaches can try to control themselves and teach sportsmanship.

Managed to get the word "Thug" in the thread and also link a column from well centered columnist Nolan Finley.

Well done.

Latest posts