How much pull does the AD have w game times?

So in other words, you're just lazy, and/or really, REALLY poor. You sound like quite the diehard.

You sound like quite the diehard as well. As you seem to have contempt for poor people (based on your post) I am left wondering what you do for a living.

You sound like quite the diehard as well. As you seem to have contempt for poor people (based on your post) I am left wondering what you do for a living.

I don't necessarily have contempt for poor people, but I really dislike proles. I have tried to tone it back a little because it offends too many people on the board. I actually kind of dislike upper middle class soccer moms, too. Last night, when I was riding the train home (Metra, not CTA) there were these two gals talking about some kid named Zander. Worst part was I forgot my headphones and had to listen to the whole conversation because they were right behind me and there weren't any other good open seats. "Oh, Zander's off at camp in Wisconsin and we are going to visit him this weekend for the Fourth. I'm just dying to know if the camp is really adhering to the organic, no high fructose corn syrup diet they promised in their brochure." "Zander is becoming quite the proficient piano player, his fingering is just amazing." "Zander Zander Zander."

Back in my day, had someone named Zander showed up at school, he'd have been stuffed into a helluva lot of lockers unless he was about 6'4" and 300 pounds. This country is just going to h e double hockeysticks in a handbasket. Ugh.

Back in my day, had someone named Zander showed up at school, he'd have been stuffed into a helluva lot of lockers unless he was about 6'4" and 300 pounds. This country is just going to h e double hockeysticks in a handbasket. Ugh.

Mom was probably from Rockford, so they named him after Cheap Trick's lead singer.

I'm not sure it matters, but at least a season full of 11 am kickoffs gives the players some consistency. We've all heard Ferentz talk about how he prefers the early games. If it's even a small advantage for the team then I could care less. I have season tickets and I live in Des Moines. I'm not going to pretend like it's a long drive, but it definitely isn't short. It still means we have to get up at 4 or 4:30 in the morning on a Saturday. I don't have any trouble doing that on a Hawkeye football Saturday though. I'm usually up and at em' driving my girlfriend nuts.

This. KF talked at length during the 2002 season about kickoff time "consistency", and how road games, too, didn't present the same problem because kickoff times were, for the most part, inside that defined "window". Trev Alberts and Bob Davie went on about how that showed KF is a great coach because he recognized and took advantage of it with player mindset.

That said, a night game or two is always a bonus for fans attending in person, while the old 1:05 kickoff times of the Fry years would be nice, in the form of tailgate time, for those who have a bit of a haul getting to Iowa City.

The thing is, if you read this board, tailgating barely exists these days!

I don't necessarily have contempt for poor people, but I really dislike proles. I have tried to tone it back a little because it offends too many people on the board. I actually kind of dislike upper middle class soccer moms, too. Last night, when I was riding the train home (Metra, not CTA) there were these two gals talking about some kid named Zander. Worst part was I forgot my headphones and had to listen to the whole conversation because they were right behind me and there weren't any other good open seats. "Oh, Zander's off at camp in Wisconsin and we are going to visit him this weekend for the Fourth. I'm just dying to know if the camp is really adhering to the organic, no high fructose corn syrup diet they promised in their brochure." "Zander is becoming quite the proficient piano player, his fingering is just amazing." "Zander Zander Zander."

Zander's given name is probably "Alexander", but instead of Skip (named after Daddy) or Tripp (named after both Daddy and Granddaddy), they went with "Zander". Cousins Kip and Kiki probably came up with it as toddlers because they couldn't say "Alexander". Mrs. Zander's Mommy couldn't abide "Alex", as that was probably the name of her first boarding school crush.

Just sayin'

My post was clearly not directed at you so I'm not sure why you felt the need to respond.

Latest posts