How much pull does the AD have w game times?

Perhaps Barta could do more behind the scenes (not sure) but it's not a big mystery to me why Iowa doesn't have night games. The networks don't seem to have anything against Iowa, they had no issue giving Iowa lots of night/2:30 time slots in 2009 and 2010 when Iowa either had a really good team or was thought to have a good team going into the season (2010).

Combine that with not playing OSU, Michigan, MSU or PSU (all have been night game opponents in recent memory) and it's easier to understand why Iowa has the 11:00 kicks. Still surprised Iowa didn't get 1 night game this year, but hopefully a good season this year will produce more prime-time games in future seasons.

Good point about the schedule, especially since the Nebraska game is always set in stone. I would just love to have some 2:30 games along with the 11:00's. That can't make a big difference for TV, especially since Iowa State plays a lot during the afternoon and evening, and we all know that is a crap product.

These threads always crack me up. Seriously, do some of you not realize most of Iowa's games have been 11:00 am for decades? You act like this is something new. Of course if you live hours away you will need to arrive the night before or depart early in the morning. Your grandparents did it. Your parents did it, and now you get to do it. Family tradition and all that. Quit whining and show up to watch the hawks, or don't. Go to a bar, watch from home, gripe on a message board, etc. Me, I'll choose to wake up, get to the stadium and cheer on the hawks. Amazingly I'll do it all without griping about kickoff times. Try it, it's easy! Or, feel free to blast me and continue chit chatting about a problem you have ZERO control over.

These threads always crack me up. Seriously, do some of you not realize most of Iowa's games have been 11:00 am for decades? You act like this is something new. Of course if you live hours away you will need to arrive the night before or depart early in the morning. Your grandparents did it. Your parents did it, and now you get to do it. Family tradition and all that. Quit whining and show up to watch the hawks, or don't. Go to a bar, watch from home, gripe on a message board, etc. Me, I'll choose to wake up, get to the stadium and cheer on the hawks. Amazingly I'll do it all without griping about kickoff times. Try it, it's easy! Or, feel free to blast me and continue chit chatting about a problem you have ZERO control over.
My old man always talks about how every game used to start at 1:00pm. I think in my grandparents' time, the game didn't start until after morning chores in the field were done and Ma made dinner.

No way it's just TV. Out of Indiana's 7 home games last year, 6 of those were played at 230 or later. Just thank god the networks don't give Iowa the option of 8am kicks

I would love an 8am kickoff. Seriously.

I'd be able to wake up (4:50), hit the gym (5:30 - 7:00), go the the office for a moment (7:10 - 8:40), watch the game (9:00 - 12:00 or so), and then spend the rest of the day with the kids.

Would be perfect.

I'd be able to wake up (4:50), hit the gym (5:30 - 7:00), go the the office for a moment (7:10 - 8:40), watch the game (9:00 - 12:00 or so), and then spend the rest of the day with the kids.

Would be perfect.
Is there time for Fedora shopping in that morning?

Would be perfect.

You wouldn't go to the office...

My old man always talks about how every game used to start at 1:00pm. I think in my grandparents' time, the game didn't start until after morning chores in the field were done and Ma made dinner.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/roa...um-students-business-tv-ncaa-michigan-tickets

I'm amazed how eagerly universities have sold their souls to TV. It wasn't always this way. Michigan's legendary coach, Bo Schembechler, often said, "Toe meets leather at 1:05. If you want to televise it, fine. If you don't, that's fine too."Bo's boss, Don Canham, backed him. For years, TV was dying for a night game at the Big House. Canham wasn't. So, they compromised -- and didn't have one.
If season-ticket holders want night games, give 'em what they want. But nobody likes waiting for TV to decide when your favorite team is going to play that week -- especially fans flying in from far away.

Hearing some buzz about the Iowa State game being at 2:30. Anything firm about the time?

Nothing is firm. Two sports radio yokels on KXNO in Des Moines keep saying that they are doing a special CyHawk pregame show this year and management from WHO Radio told them to be prepared to start the pregame show around 2:00 or 3:00. So they are speculating that the CyHawk game could be a 5:00 kickoff.

Hearing some buzz about the Iowa State game being at 2:30. Anything firm about the time?

This would really throw a monkey wrench into my horse jumping event that Saturday. Does nobody think equestrian when they plan these games? Damnit.

This is why we need 8am kickoffs.

Nothing is firm. Two sports radio yokels on KXNO in Des Moines keep saying that they are doing a special CyHawk pregame show this year and management from WHO Radio told them to be prepared to start the pregame show around 2:00 or 3:00. So they are speculating that the CyHawk game could be a 5:00 kickoff.

5:00? You have to be joking. That would be 6:00 out here.

How am I supposed to host dinner for the Governor and watch the game at the same time?

This would really throw a monkey wrench into my horse jumping event that Saturday. Does nobody think equestrian when they plan these games? Damnit.

This is why we need 8am kickoffs.
This is why I always schedule my dressage for Sundays. Also gives me extra time to air out my riding silks to prevent the help's fetor from assaulting my olfactics.

I have seen some posts on other boards suggest maybe it's just time to introduce alcohol sales at the games itself.

I agree tailgating does not make much sense for 11am starts. You might as well eat a decent breakfast before you leave for the stadium, watch the game sober and head for the bars or tailgate after the game instead. Or just go home or back to your dorm and go out that night.

I have seen some posts on other boards suggest maybe it's just time to introduce alcohol sales at the games itself.

I agree tailgating does not make much sense for 11am starts. You might as well eat a decent breakfast before you leave for the stadium, watch the game sober and head for the bars or tailgate after the game instead. Or just go home or back to your dorm and go out that night.

Not directed at you, but if anybody seriously believes that there is even a remote possibility that alcohol sales will be introduced inside of Kinnick, such person has some serious comprehension issues. Serious.

Latest posts