How much pull does the AD have w game times?

This is why I always schedule my dressage for Sundays. Also gives me extra time to air out my riding silks to prevent the help's fetor from assaulting my olfactics.

Sundays, eh?

We have a name down here for folks that schedule their dressage for Sundays--and you wouldn't like to hear it.

Not directed at you, but if anybody seriously believes that there is even a remote possibility that alcohol sales will be introduced inside of Kinnick, such person has some serious comprehension issues. Serious.

I've enjoyed many beers inside of Kinnick. Well, maybe enjoyed is too strong of a word bince they are budweisers and such, but I've had many beers inside of Kinnick. You just have to get club seats.

Not directed at you, but if anybody seriously believes that there is even a remote possibility that alcohol sales will be introduced inside of Kinnick, such person has some serious comprehension issues. Serious.

There is alcohol sales in Kinnick for the rich donors in the press box .

If you people can't make it you can donate the tickets to me, I've never been to a game

You must live far away because price of tickets cant be a factor.

It has usually been very easy to find people with extra tickets for 10 to 20 bucks now for a $60 ticket.

Some years ago the hawks were decent and #3 ohio state was coming into town. I stood outside the stadium until right before game time and couldnt get 5 bucks for a $40-50 ticket. I gave them away to a guy looking for tixs for his kids.

And wait out the scalpers, you can spot them because they buy up all the tickets cheap and try to control the supply , but wait them out to right at game time and I wouldnt pay more than $20 bucks a ticket unless this year it is ISU, Wisky, or Nebby games.

There is alcohol sales in Kinnick for the rich donors in the press box .

Yep--let them eat cake.

I don't think that the club boxes is what guffus was getting at.

John Edwards was right. There are two Americas. One that cannot be trusted with alcohol and one that buys their trust with alcohol (or at least bribes big sister to direct her oversight elsewhere).

In my day, I had time to tie an my onion to my belt, listen to the game on the wireless, go to the department stores downtown, and clean out the ashtrays in my Packard, all before the evening paper arrived.

Where is the g-d 'liek' button on this god-forsaken massage board?

Yep--let them eat cake.

John Edwards was right. There are two Americas. One that cannot be trusted with alcohol and one that buys their trust with alcohol (or at least bribes big sister to direct her oversight elsewhere).

LG, while I appreciate your attempt to show your disgust with the white male patriarchy, I must say that I don't want this thread to devolve into a cisgendered/transgendered urinating match. So could you please go back and edit your post to say "big sibling" rather than big sister? Some readers may find it highly offensive as written. I am currently with the Dean of Diversity and Inclusion to craft the appropriate trigger warning for the book 1984. The constant references to Big Brother in that book require a substantial disclaimer.

I'm not sure it matters, but at least a season full of 11 am kickoffs gives the players some consistency. We've all heard Ferentz talk about how he prefers the early games. If it's even a small advantage for the team then I could care less. I have season tickets and I live in Des Moines. I'm not going to pretend like it's a long drive, but it definitely isn't short. It still means we have to get up at 4 or 4:30 in the morning on a Saturday. I don't have any trouble doing that on a Hawkeye football Saturday though. I'm usually up and at em' driving my girlfriend nuts.

LG, while I appreciate your attempt to show your disgust with the white male patriarchy, I must say that I don't want this thread to devolve into a cisgendered/transgendered urinating match. So could you please go back and edit your post to say "big sibling" rather than big sister? Some readers may find it highly offensive as written. I am currently with the Dean of Diversity and Inclusion to craft the appropriate trigger warning for the book 1984. The constant references to Big Brother in that book require a substantial disclaimer.

I'll consider it.

You can't tell me that the UI administration won't have a lot of pull on the start time for the UNI and Ball St games. Both of these have little to no TV value and are guaranteed to end up on one of the BTN alternates for 99% of the country. There is no way in hell that BTN cares whether these kick off at 11AM or 2:30. A lot of the schools with weaker attendance request and get these games at 2:30, especially since the ABC/ESPN exclusivity window was eliminated when Nebraska joined the league. We are the only school that still gets our crappy OOC home games at 11AM. Why do you think that is? It is an absolute 100% guaranteed fact that Mason and Barta request this. There is no way in hell that any TV executive anywhere in the world gives a damn about these games to force them to start at a specific time.

These threads always crack me up. Seriously, do some of you not realize most of Iowa's games have been 11:00 am for decades? You act like this is something new. Of course if you live hours away you will need to arrive the night before or depart early in the morning. Your grandparents did it. Your parents did it, and now you get to do it. Family tradition and all that. Quit whining and show up to watch the hawks, or don't. Go to a bar, watch from home, gripe on a message board, etc. Me, I'll choose to wake up, get to the stadium and cheer on the hawks. Amazingly I'll do it all without griping about kickoff times. Try it, it's easy! Or, feel free to blast me and continue chit chatting about a problem you have ZERO control over.
You've obviously been an Iowa fan for about 10 years at the most. I started going to games in the late 80s and the standard start time was always 1:05 pm. Every game was at this time unless it was the CBS/ABC game of the week, then it would be at 2:30. The only exception during most of the Fry era was the night game with Miami in 92. It wasn't until the very end of the Fry years that 11:00 AM games started with the old ESPN+ syndication. Hell, it wasn't until 2002 that every game started being televised. The 2001 Minnesota game was the last Iowa football game not to be televised in some fashion.

These threads always crack me up. Seriously, do some of you not realize most of Iowa's games have been 11:00 am for decades? You act like this is something new. Of course if you live hours away you will need to arrive the night before or depart early in the morning. Your grandparents did it. Your parents did it, and now you get to do it. Family tradition and all that. Quit whining and show up to watch the hawks, or don't. Go to a bar, watch from home, gripe on a message board, etc. Me, I'll choose to wake up, get to the stadium and cheer on the hawks. Amazingly I'll do it all without griping about kickoff times. Try it, it's easy! Or, feel free to blast me and continue chit chatting about a problem you have ZERO control over.

This is my 24th yr with season tickets and I have never seen all 8 scheduled times at 11:00. Even when the team was terrible in the late 90's, early 00's there were numerous late games where they had to bring in Musco Lighting and most games started at 1:00 or later.
This poster isn't even close to being accurate.

This is my 24th yr with season tickets and I have never seen all 8 scheduled times at 11:00. Even when the team was terrible in the late 90's, early 00's there were numerous late games where they had to bring in Musco Lighting and most games started at 1:00 or later.
This poster isn't even close to being accurate.

There will not be 8 home games at 11am this year. Guaranteed.

Early 2000s definitely did not have most games starting at 1 or later. 2002 was mostly 11am.

There will not be 8 home games at 11am this year. Guaranteed.

Early 2000s definitely did not have most games starting at 1 or later. 2002 was mostly 11am.

I am assuming iowa.247sports.com is wrong but they have the first 8 games at 11:00 and the last 4 TBD. 2002 did have more 11:00 because they burst on to the scene and were on ESPN a lot, 2000 and 2001, not at all. Even had a night game against a non conference team, Lavar Woods diving into the endzone under the temporary lights is burned into my memory.

Yep--let them eat cake.

Oh Lordy, you get your wisdom from John "I cheat on my cancer-ridden wife during campaigns" Edwards? I have three words for you: GET OFF WELFARE!!!

Latest posts