How monumental would a loss to Drake be?

ForeverHawk50021

Would loosing to Drake at home and being swept by instate teams be the ALL TIME LOW POINT of Iowa basketball?

I think we'll win by at least 12.

Trust me guys this team has talent. I analyze Iowa basketball better than anyone and after spending better than 53 hours breaking down game film I can tell you that Iowa is going to not only beat Drake, but beat them 65-61. This is it! Go Hawks!

You analyzed film for 53 hours and decided that Iowa would beat Drake by 4 points, one of the worst teams in the MV? that doesn't say much for Iowa.

Would loosing to Drake at home and being swept by instate teams be the ALL TIME LOW POINT of Iowa basketball?

I think we'll win by at least 12.

At which point does it get so low that you are no longer able to quantify it? I think it is bad enough we have not beaten Drake since 2005.

At which point does it get so low that you are no longer able to quantify it? I think it is bad enough we have not beaten Drake since 2005.

I agree, I think it hardly matters now. We've already got home losses to UTSA and Duquesne under our belts this year, so would losing to Drake for the 3rd straight year really do anything more than reconfirm how bad our program is right now?

Trust me guys this team has talent. I analyze Iowa basketball better than anyone and after spending better than 53 hours breaking down game film I can tell you that Iowa is going to not only beat Drake, but beat them 65-61. This is it! Go Hawks!

Signed,

Storminspank!

We better hope so! This is one of 4 or 5 games we even have a shot to win the remainder of the season.

I don't watch film for 53 hours, but I watch every Iowa game two or three times and I really think this team is about to break loose. I like the way the guys are listening to the coaches. We don't have a bunch of selfish players like Freeman, Peterson, Palmer and Kelly.
These guys love Coach and he loves them. While it hasn't been pretty, it is going to make the success that much more sweet to enjoy. Let's get behind the team. Don't we all love the Hawks? It's not going to be easy, but I think Iowa could beat Drake. Let's not forget that Drake is one of the best teams in the Valley. Iowa 52 Drake 51

I don't watch film for 53 hours, but I watch every Iowa game two or three times and I really think this team is about to break loose. I like the way the guys are listening to the coaches. We don't have a bunch of selfish players like Freeman, Peterson, Palmer and Kelly.
These guys love Coach and he loves them. While it hasn't been pretty, it is going to make the success that much more sweet to enjoy. Let's get behind the team. Don't we all love the Hawks? It's not going to be easy, but I think Iowa could beat Drake. Let's not forget that Drake is one of the best teams in the Valley. Iowa 52 Drake 51

I want what you're smokin... "Drake is one of the best teams in the Valley???" They're currently 9th in the MVC!!! Predicted to finish 9th or 10th. Drinkin some Drake Koolaid.

I want what you're smokin... "Drake is one of the best teams in the Valley???" They're currently 9th in the MVC!!! Predicted to finish 9th or 10th. Drinkin some Drake Koolaid.

For what it's worth, they're also in the same position as Iowa is in...one upperclassman, everyone else on the roster is very young. Decent-to-good recruting class coming in next year.

Just sayin.

Drake has won 45 games the past two seasons, not many teams can say that. This year they have the top recruiting class in the Valley, it'a going to take them a while to mesh and it's looks like it's starting to happen. I bet they finish much higher than you think. It's going to be a tough game for the Hawks but I think they will pull out a victory.

For what it's worth, they're also in the same position as Iowa is in...one upperclassman, everyone else on the roster is very young. Decent-to-good recruting class coming in next year.

Just sayin.

Maybe so, but I'll wager that decent-to-good recruiting class will probably help them jump far more teams in the MVC when it comes to pure talent level, than it would in a conference like the Big Ten.

Drake has won 45 games the past two seasons, not many teams can say that. This year they have the top recruiting class in the Valley, it'a going to take them a while to mesh and it's looks like it's starting to happen. I bet they finish much higher than you think. It's going to be a tough game for the Hawks but I think they will pull out a victory.

Wow... total delusion. Need to sober up buddy.

SIU comes to Drake with a record of 0-6 and Drake gives them their first win. SIU!!! The last two seasons doesn't mean a THING!!! They have one player left who can play basketball. If Josh Young can score 50 a game they'll win a few more.

bahahahahahaha...r u serious? Why would you spend 53 hours breaking down Iowa basketball? I assume your kidding, but just making sure...Go Hawks!

Yes, I'm serious. You ask why I spend 53 hours breaking down Iowa film? I'll tell you why. Because I love Iowa basketball that much. I analyze basketball like it's my job. In the past 4 NCAA's I have predicted 96.9% to 100% of the field. Not to toot my own horn, but that's incredible. It's not magic, it's the time I put in. It's my passion. Thanks for all the support. Go Hawks!

Latest posts