How many Big Ten wins for Iowa?

Im gonna go with an optimistic 6...I am really excited to see this team play. I think we'll see a hard working, cohesive unit that will always put up a fight.

I'm gonna go out in a limb and say 9. The hawks will struggle early on, but they will win some games that they shouldn't. They will play a lot of teams tough at home and they will win some close games. Lickliter's offense is set up to slow the game down, several of these teams in the big ten HATE this style of play. It will irritate a lot of teams and Iowa will catch some of these teams on off nights. Iowa's ability to shoot the 3 really makes them a tough team to play. So i'm gonna 9 wins in the big ten and their overall win total is gonna be around 16. Should be an okay season for the hawks!

Wow I was drinking some STRONG Kool-aid that day! I want to change my guess.

Iowa wins 2 BTG, we will not be close to anyone and it will be a horrible year for Iowa basketball! I am predicting somewhere around overall 5-25!

I'll say in the neighborhood of 2-3. I don't see us winning any games on the road in conference play. I'm guessing will sneak up and steal a couple of wins, against maybe Indiana or PSU for example, but I think we're going to struggle to win any games even at home against teams in the upper division of the league.

I think it's fair to assume Iowa will win around 5 games in the Big Ten. Indiana, Northwester, Penn St, Michigan and Wisconsin. Coach Lickliter finally has his recruits, it's just taking them a little longer to gel.

I'll go with 5. Simply because we have the ability to hit 3s - If and when we hit them... we can probably stick with just about anybody. Unfortunately it will not happen enough to get past about 5 wins.

I'll go with 5. Simply because we have the ability to hit 3s - If and when we hit them... we can probably stick with just about anybody. Unfortunately it will not happen enough to get past about 5 wins.

I think that depends on if we can find an inside game at all (doesn't seem likely given the Lickliter system), and if we can play better team defense than we have. So far, just hitting 3's hasn't necessarily been enough unless it's against someone like Bowling Green. The game against VT comes to mind as a perfect example. We hit double-digit 3's and still lost. We need to improve in other areas.

I'm going to go with 9!

That is of course with no major injuries or suspensions. I look for Tuck & Gatens & Cole to have big years. I sure hope we can get some breaks to fall our way to help us turn this thing around.

WHAT??? 9??? are you referring to the next 3 years?

As we all know, Jon wiped out the period from the first week in November until mid-December to protect the innocent, as far as projections for wins for the Iowa bb team this year....joking...but no doubt that all those pre-season projections were way more optimistic than these mid-december projections....which,if you look at them, were pretty accurate. In other words, we all knew our fate was sealed by mid-december,with most realistic fans predicting from 3 to 5 wins in the league...which is where we will end up.

In early November, the projections were much more optimistic but those losses to USTA and Duquesne nipped all that in the bud.

Have certain players like Aaron Fuller improved? Yes. But the overall improvement is so incremental, it is hard to even measure. In the big picture, our big ten wins have gone from 6 to 5 to 4....unless we upset Wisky or minny..(not likely). When we we bottom out?

Latest posts