How Luka Garza Found His Way To Iowa.

I saw he's shooting 34% (I think) from 3 now this year. Considering he has to end up taking all the end of shot clock shots all the time, that's pretty darn good. With his size and ball handling ability, he seems to be able to get a shot off whenever he wants too. If his shot keeps improving, he will be a pretty good offensive weapon over the next two years.
Yes nobody else seems able/willing to even take some of those. The ball seems to find him a lot in those situations. Don't get me wrong he's not a superstar. But he's absolutely a swiss army knife of sorts that our short handed roster needs. If he was shooting under 30% from 3 we'd probably want him shooting less from out there but that said what other options do we have?

Yes nobody else seems able/willing to even take some of those. The ball seems to find him a lot in those situations. Don't get me wrong he's not a superstar. But he's absolutely a swiss army knife of sorts that our short handed roster needs. If he was shooting under 30% from 3 we'd probably want him shooting less from out there but that said what other options do we have?

yep - he's gotta shoot em and make em pay. Just having the threat opens up so much.

I don't have the stats in front of me but for CM to get up to 34% on threes is a great sign. I don't believe he started very well this year and last year he shot like 15%. If he, Garza, Evelyn and an occasional 3 pointer from Kreiner can make one or two a game, we are going to score a lot of points!

I can stand some of the crap CM has gotten. Dude may not be a 5 star caliber Duke type. But he's a smart tough player. He's going to get even better yet too. He's a dang good player and it's a good thing we've had him.
I think people are starting to realize what he means to this team. I know I appreciate him more every game.

Garza has progressed so much I wander how healthy he was last year in dealing with the surgery but I also wouldn’t want to discredit the work he’s put in and he clearly has good family support throughout his journey.

Anyone know Connor could get un in the lane and try to throw one down like that? I had to take a triple take at his number.

Latest posts