How long before UK has to vacate this championship?

sioux34

Given Calipari's past history of NCAA violations, how many years will it be before Kentucky is forced to vacate the 2012 national championship? I say four years.

That was the first thing I thought of when the game was in hand. I would say 4 years as well. Especially when he has people on his behalf calling in to radio shows to stand up for him. Don't stick your nose in the air as if you're clean especially when their is poop on your shoes.

Yep, I was thinking 3-5 so you are dead on in my opinion. However, I've heard others speculate that it may take less time on this one since it was a national championship. Likely that there will be even more investigative journalists digging into Cal's garbage due to the championship. I think he'll be able to stay above the fray again, but Kentucky will be forced to vacate the title. In some ways, even sweeter for the Cal detractors.

Yep, I was thinking 3-5 so you are dead on in my opinion. However, I've heard others speculate that it may take less time on this one since it was a national championship. Likely that there will be even more investigative journalists digging into Cal's garbage due to the championship. I think he'll be able to stay above the fray again, but Kentucky will be forced to vacate the title. In some ways, even sweeter for the Cal detractors.

Exactly!
Wouldn't you want to be the journalist who broke the story that Kentucky cheated their way to a title?

This was my first thought as well. Then I kind of realized...he's at Kentucky now. And they are probably much more experienced at burying evidence of violations. So if I were to guess, I'd say the banners will stay up this time.

Funny I thought the same thing for most of the game. Especially because had Kansa won I would have won $500 in the office pool. I wonder if I can get that $500 from my buddy when the title is vacated?

Funny I thought the same thing for most of the game. Especially because had Kansa won I would have won $500 in the office pool. I wonder if I can get that $500 from my buddy when the title is vacated?

Probably every team in the elite 8 cheated!

The news of Anthony Davis getting paid and others will be out soon. The post which said National titles bring this out is correct.

Only one kid worth a sheet was from Kentucky... this is pro roster type stuff, not college.

Kansas only had two players from Kansas on their roster. One kid did not even play and the other was a role player.

Elite programs don't rely on instate talent because they don't have to. Why take an instate kid when you can get a better player from anywhere.

I got a kick out of the chubby white kid from kentucky's bench standing front and center on the stage to receive the trophy. Do you think Davis even knows what that kids name is?

image.jpg

Last edited:
This was my first thought as well. Then I kind of realized...he's at Kentucky now. And they are probably much more experienced at burying evidence of violations. So if I were to guess, I'd say the banners will stay up this time.

All it takes is one. Someone on the fringe, perhaps, who feels a bit slighted or forgotten. Or didn't get as much of a cut as was promised. Or saw something he or she shouldn't have. If it involves any kind of crime, and thus includes possibly giving statements to authorities and/or testifying, the stakes get raised in a hurry. At that point, people tend to get legal advice and look out for themselves.

Of course, Calipari has always been able to insulate himself from any direct connection to a violation or a crime, and I don't expect that to change.

The real question is will another elite program hire him after Kentucky is forced to vacate the title? I am guessing no, and that he'll go back to the pros for a stretch or take a gig at a slightly more backwoods, renegade-type program.

I would hope that the next time Cal gets a program in hot water would be his last, but I'm not holding my breath.

He did a very nice job of coaching this year. He got a lot of talented players to play hard and play together.

i am not saying he cheated anywhere even though all the fool me once fool me twice saying comes to hand with him.

with that said this may be the one school he has been at that he didnt need to cheat to get the players there.

Latest posts