How long before UK has to vacate this championship?

Good try but Kentucky has one of the highest APR's of any BCS level school in the country. As long as players leave school in good academic standing, leaving early for the draft has no negative impact on your APR. Which is how it should be, you shouldn't be penalized for preparing your players to become future millionaires.

NCAA Academic Progress Rates Released - Kentucky Wildcats Official Athletic Site

And what questions surrounded CDR or Dozier?

Lots of questions on how they were eligible academically, that was the story at the time anyway...seems not a lot ever came of it. A lot of folks thought CDR left because of this, but again, nothing new after the info on Rose came out.

The rules used to penalize programs for having kids leave early, much like the 5-3 rule, I don't know a lot about the APR, thanks for the info...it would be a concern if it worked like the old rule of players have to graduate in six years or the program is affected...very good rule change IMO.

Lots of questions on how they were eligible academically, that was the story at the time anyway...seems not a lot ever came of it. A lot of folks thought CDR left because of this, but again, nothing new after the info on Rose came out.

The rules used to penalize programs for having kids leave early, much like the 5-3 rule, I don't know a lot about the APR, thanks for the info...it would be a concern if it worked like the old rule of players have to graduate in six years or the program is affected...very good rule change IMO.

Anthony Davis noted on Kimmel last night how Calipari is still making them go to class. There is a reason he is doing that as Mike just showed us a few posts ago. Calipari seems to have figured some things out.

Good try but Kentucky has one of the highest APR's of any BCS level school in the country. As long as players leave school in good academic standing, leaving early for the draft has no negative impact on your APR. Which is how it should be, you shouldn't be penalized for preparing your players to become future millionaires.

NCAA Academic Progress Rates Released - Kentucky Wildcats Official Athletic Site

And what questions surrounded CDR or Dozier?

I haven't heard anything on CDR. He left Memphis so he could go pro. He was a first-team AA and wasn't going to get better as a senior. Maybe there's a story, but I don't know what it is. Here's this on Dozier:

Robert Dozier of Memphis Tigers had SAT invalidated - ESPN

I guess we disagree on this one. Cal's like a mob boss. Good luck pinning anything on him, but kind of odd the same dirty characters seem to always be around his programs. How exactly was Rose eligible at Memphis again?
Because the NCAA clearinghouse approved him. Only to change their mind a year later and then deem him ineligible. How anyone blames Cal for that is beyond me.There's more evidence out there that Coach K paid players than Calipari. Myron Piggie is so much shadier than anyone Cal has ever been connected with, yet somehow people think he is all that is wrong with college basketball. Lot of jealous haters out there.

rose was cleared on a basis of a test that he didnt take. someone took the act or sat for him and that is how he became eligible. the ncaa found out later.

Because the NCAA clearinghouse approved him. Only to change their mind a year later and then deem him ineligible. How anyone blames Cal for that is beyond me.

Being a Bulls fan, I'm glad it worked out for them a year later. It was pretty obvious that a few people had their hand in helping Rose cheat on the SAT's. Anything can be worked around if you're a good athlete.

Being a Bulls fan, I'm glad it worked out for them a year later. It was pretty obvious that a few people had their hand in helping Rose cheat on the SAT's. Anything can be worked around if you're a good athlete.

Yep, and who were those people again? And had they ever been associated with Cal in the past? And are they now? Like I said, a mob boss who stays above the fray.

IAJay- it is a state of mind on these message boards more times than not. A lot of people on this board assume bad things if a team not named Iowa wins. If Iowa wins it is because we are great but if someone else wins it is because they cheat.

People on these boards continue to throw out accusations...yet none of them come back 2 years later and admit they were wrong. You are thinking and hoping they did something illegal.

Because the NCAA clearinghouse approved him. Only to change their mind a year later and then deem him ineligible. How anyone blames Cal for that is beyond me.

There's more evidence out there that Coach K paid players than Calipari. Myron Piggie is so much shadier than anyone Cal has ever been connected with, yet somehow people think he is all that is wrong with college basketball. Lot of jealous haters out there.

Agree about Coach K, It's amazing how many so called "Fans" on this board have zero clue about how dirty Coach K is. That guy has a laundry list of getting recruits parents jobs at Duke to get the player to come. Not to mention some of the ways he had Duke lessen academic standards to get players there. Also there are stories about Coach K getting upset with players who wanted to take tough academic course loads that would cause them to miss/be late to practices.

Funny how Coach K stuff is covered up so much by the media and you average "fan" has not clue where to listen/look for the truth.

Like I said earlier just look at the elite 8 field there is shady stuff going on at all of those institutions.

ICH, the difference is Coach K has not left two schools with cheating scandals in his wake. I still say inside of four years, UK vacates this title.

Now that the Baylor's women team is under NCAA investigation for violations, I imagine Calipari is under scrutiny once again. You know these so-called "major programs" in NCAA football and basketball are recruiting good talent with cheating the system. The SEC is the dirtiest confrence of them all! It's no coincidence SEC teams keep winning NCAA championships, they buy their kids and titles.

Now that the Baylor's women team is under NCAA investigation for violations, I imagine Calipari is under scrutiny once again. You know these so-called "major programs" in NCAA football and basketball are recruiting good talent with cheating the system. The SEC is the dirtiest confrence of them all! It's no coincidence SEC teams keep winning NCAA championships, they buy their kids and titles.

Actually, the Texas religious schools have the SEC beat on dirty. The SEC wins because they can bring in players that no other conference can fit in because of their academics and keep them on campus. They give their players access to teacher's past examinations. They restrict players to a very small list of majors. They have increasingly more "online" courses.

If I was the rest of the leagues, I would push for some standardized measurement of learning to maintain eligibility.

Latest posts