How long before UK has to vacate this championship?

That's what's too bad. He's a hell of a coach. I don't think he'll be remembered for that, though. Just a hunch. We'll see how the rest of his career/legacy pans out.

Hopefully never. The guy has had some bad luck twice before, I would hate to see it happen again. The NCAA screwed Memphis over something that was their fault in the first place. Calipari has never had any NCAA infractions and I doubt he will at Kentucky either.

It'll probably happen, but he'll be ok because he is a slimy piece of garbage and apparently has paid off the NCAA too.

How does a guy with sanctions against the last two teams he coached allowed to continue coaching?

It'll probably happen, but he'll be ok because he is a slimy piece of garbage and apparently has paid off the NCAA too.

How does a guy with sanctions against the last two teams he coached allowed to continue coaching?

Probably because none of the sanctions had anything to do with him. It's pretty simple really.

Who cares if the title gets vacated. You cannot vacate the experience. These players are gonna get the hats, the shirts, the rings, the fans are going to have the final four experiences and everyone is going to know that they actually won the game.

I think he cheated, but this would be the place that he wasn't as likely to cheat compared to UMASS and Memphis. Think about it, he already had the reputation of putting 1 and dones in the NBA with Rose, so he had that going. Also, it is Kentucky, much more pull. I still think he cheated somehow, but if there was one time he might not have had to, this would be it.

I predict Cal has "an opportunity he couldn't pass up" in the NBA come along in about 2 years.

Who cares if the title gets vacated. You cannot vacate the experience. These players are gonna get the hats, the shirts, the rings, the fans are going to have the final four experiences and everyone is going to know that they actually won the game.

And they're probably gonna know that they are nothing but a bunch of dirty cheaters.

If I rob a bank and don't get caught for a couple of years I'll count on you guys to vouch for my character saying that I was self starting entrepreneur. :)

And they're probably gonna know that they are nothing but a bunch of dirty cheaters.

If I rob a bank and don't get caught for a couple of years I'll count on you guys to vouch for my character saying that I was self starting entrepreneur. :)

What's my cut?

Really Jay? That is your take away from this? Cal has a history of leaving programs in turmoil and you think it is just because we hate success that we surmise the same may soon happen to Kentucky.

Probably because none of the sanctions had anything to do with him. It's pretty simple really.

I guess we disagree on this one.

Cal's like a mob boss. Good luck pinning anything on him, but kind of odd the same dirty characters seem to always be around his programs.

How exactly was Rose eligible at Memphis again?

Maybe this is worth it's own thread, but how do you guys feel about Worldwide Wes? Good for the game? Bad for the game? Sleezy beyond belief? All of the above?

I'm not real sure how to feel about him. On the one hand, he's been connected to some of the seedier aspects of basketball the past few years, but on the other hand, he's allowed for some great connections to be made along the way. I lean toward disliking his presence around the game, but I'm not sure.

calipari is as dirty
as they come and it shouldn't come as any surprise as this stuff goes back to uconn. he's no Pat Summit even if you
like football.

Really Jay? That is your take away from this? Cal has a history of leaving programs in turmoil and you think it is just because we hate success that we surmise the same may soon happen to Kentucky.

Well when he actually gets something pinned to him let me know. It is incredibly annoying how people just throw the "cheater" phrase out there about any successful coach. Calipari is no dirtier than every other major college coach.

I guess we disagree on this one.

Cal's like a mob boss. Good luck pinning anything on him, but kind of odd the same dirty characters seem to always be around his programs.

How exactly was Rose eligible at Memphis again?

Because the NCAA clearinghouse approved him. Only to change their mind a year later and then deem him ineligible. How anyone blames Cal for that is beyond me.

There's more evidence out there that Coach K paid players than Calipari. Myron Piggie is so much shadier than anyone Cal has ever been connected with, yet somehow people think he is all that is wrong with college basketball. Lot of jealous haters out there.

There are various reasons why to agree with the OP on this. History repeats itself and it continues to follow Calipari. I am not claming that he is one of the dirtier coaches out there, but there have been problems wherever he has been.
So what it comes down to with Calipari is the perception of what is going to happen and when because how he gets so many elite players every year.
The real question that remains is when does Kentucky become ineligible for the NCAA tourney? He has had how many kids drafted each year? He has replaced them with the next great wave of freshman each year and this year may be no different. When does the APR come into play? Darius Miller will graduate, but he was there prior to Calipari, are there any recruits not named Lamb/Jones that are still there since Calipari has been at Kentucky?
Personally, I am not a fan of Calipari and I don't like how he has built Kentucky, but if he is doing it within the rules, so be it. He is not the worst thing in college basketball, he makes things interesting. Fantasy land is fun thinking about what will happen if anything. If I was the University of Kentucky, I would be keeping a close tab on the APR.
One thing, people focus on Rose while at Memphis, but there are other players that has a lot of questions surrounding them but Rose was the true star. Dozier, Douglass-Roberts and a couple of role players that ended up leaving the program had a lot of questions surrounding them as well. It is one thing if it were just Rose, but when it is a total of three starters and two key role players that ended up leaving it raises questions as well.

There are various reasons why to agree with the OP on this. History repeats itself and it continues to follow Calipari. I am not claming that he is one of the dirtier coaches out there, but there have been problems wherever he has been.
So what it comes down to with Calipari is the perception of what is going to happen and when because how he gets so many elite players every year.
The real question that remains is when does Kentucky become ineligible for the NCAA tourney? He has had how many kids drafted each year? He has replaced them with the next great wave of freshman each year and this year may be no different. When does the APR come into play? Darius Miller will graduate, but he was there prior to Calipari, are there any recruits not named Lamb/Jones that are still there since Calipari has been at Kentucky?
Personally, I am not a fan of Calipari and I don't like how he has built Kentucky, but if he is doing it within the rules, so be it. He is not the worst thing in college basketball, he makes things interesting. Fantasy land is fun thinking about what will happen if anything. If I was the University of Kentucky, I would be keeping a close tab on the APR.
One thing, people focus on Rose while at Memphis, but there are other players that has a lot of questions surrounding them but Rose was the true star. Dozier, Douglass-Roberts and a couple of role players that ended up leaving the program had a lot of questions surrounding them as well. It is one thing if it were just Rose, but when it is a total of three starters and two key role players that ended up leaving it raises questions as well.

Good try but Kentucky has one of the highest APR's of any BCS level school in the country. As long as players leave school in good academic standing, leaving early for the draft has no negative impact on your APR. Which is how it should be, you shouldn't be penalized for preparing your players to become future millionaires.

NCAA Academic Progress Rates Released - Kentucky Wildcats Official Athletic Site

And what questions surrounded CDR or Dozier?

Latest posts