2. Syracuse
3(a) Wichita State
3(b) Villanova
5. Florida
6. Mich State
7. SDSU
8. Louisville
9. Kansas
10. Cinci (only because ESPN has the Cinci v Louisville game this week)
11. Michigan
12. Kentucky
13. UMass
14. OK State
15. Iowa

No chance UMass is ahead of Iowa, Nova is too high

I think the only 2 spots on this I'd have serious disagreements are Villanova and UMass. Villanova lost by 28 to Creighton, at home, and the score was closer than was indicative by the game, where at one point they trailed by 40. And UMass lost to Richmond. Other than that, can't find a whole lot to nitpick.

When a team shoots 35 three pointers and makes 60% of them you have no shot of winning the game and thats what happened to 'Nova. I wouldnt ding them too much for that loss.

my best guess:

1. Arizona
2. Syracuse
3(a) Wichita State
3(b) Villanova
5. Florida
6. Mich State
7. SDSU
8. Louisville
9. Kansas
10. Cinci (only because ESPN has the Cinci v Louisville game this week)
11. Michigan
12. Kentucky
13. UMass
14. OK State
15. Iowa

I dont think a majority of the voters care what games are on ESPN and would rank them higher just because of that.

UMASS was behind Iowa this past week and both teams lost this past week, Iowa at Michigan and UMASS at Richmond. No way UMASS jumps the Hawks.

Also, whar Wisky?

1- Arizona
2- Syracuse
3- WSU
4- Florida
5- MSU
6- Nova
7- SDSU
8- Kansas
9- Okie State
10-Louisville
11- Iowa
12- Kentucky
13-Cincinatti
14- Wisconsin
15- Iowa State

It doesn't matter but dropping down to 15 because of a close loss at Michigan is stupid. Oh well.

So Iowa drops 5 spots for losing AT Michigan while MSU drops 4 after losing at home to the same team. Makes sense.

So Iowa drops 5 spots for losing AT Michigan while MSU drops 4 after losing at home to the same team. Makes sense.

AP & Coaches Polls in both Football & Basketball have always made little sense. Teams are given too much credit for wins they should get and penalized for losses to higher ranked teams.

AP & Coaches Polls in both Football & Basketball have always made little sense. Teams are given too much credit for wins they should get and penalized for losses to higher ranked teams.

Well I'm sure MSU is getting credit for their close win at home vs Indiana. Iowa's blowout win at Northwestern isn't nearly impressive. You know, cuz Indiana is so much better than Northwestern. ;)

I dont think the "B1G hate" really doesnt apply to basketball. As far as I have seen, ESPN is usually drooling over the basketball in this conference the last couple years.

Agreed. I haven't seen the B1G hate, but I'm prepared for it to happen.

I think Iowa's dropping 5 spots was more because it was their 4th loss. Plus it did not help practically everyone behind them won plus you gotta make room for Michigan.

Latest posts