How Can A Team Be So Inept On Defense?

Amen, Sweet Baby Jesus!!

latest

It could work with a quick player like Nudge or Uhl who can close quickly then recover, but guys like Woody and Garza it's just hard to watch.

J Bo has to be injured. He is giving up on plays and I don’t think it is an attitude thing with him. It may look that way, but if I lose k back at the first matchup with Mason JBo did ok. He is NEVER going to be even an average defender so long as he doesn’t get in the weight room more. He and most other Iowa players at this point are simply not physical enough for the Big Ten. I remember James Winters at 6’5” rebounding and blocking shots cuz he was a physical beast. Now we have 6’10” dudes with no dog in em all ova da place

Complete lack of defensive fundamentals + complete lack of athletic talent = 2nd worst P-5 team on defense in the country.

Complete lack of defensive fundamentals + complete lack of athletic talent = 2nd worst P-5 team on defense in the country.
I agree 100% on defensive fundamentals. But the athletic talent comment is ridiculous. Cook has the best hops I've seen since Gerry Wright. Now someone has to teach him how to defend the defensive rim with the same passion he attacks the offensive rim...without fouling.

I agree 100% on defensive fundamentals. But the athletic talent comment is ridiculous. Cook has the best hops I've seen since Gerry Wright. Now someone has to teach him how to defend the defensive rim with the same passion he attacks the offensive rim...without fouling.

Cook is athletic but anyone else? Moss is OK but not super athletic. The rest of the team is not what I'd call athletic. Our guards are the least athletic in the B1G.

Latest posts