How about a little consistency in the game?

They CONSISTENTLY called touch fouls on the outside and they CONSISTENTLY let them play pretty rough underneath.

Im fine with that.

Just to throw my 2 cents in here, and I actually didn't see the game last night so have to take your word for it on how this particular game was called, but I absolutely hate it when touch fouls are called, no matter whether it's underneath or on the perimeter. Let the players play, just as long as the refs are calling the obvious stuff and nobody is getting mauled without a whistle.

I want to watch basketball, not two teams taking turns shooting free throws.

In other words, I'd rather some contact be allowed and the game have some flow than have constant whistles.

There were numerous major collisions in the lane that resulted with one or more players on the ground and there was no call made. I don't see how you can have that kind of contact with no call being made.

ok, then we agree you are I'm with different levels of permissible contact, you just wanted something different down low. again that's not a consistency argument, its an argument for cleaner post play. its an argument I happen to agree with.

How about the difference between a touch foul called when a player tries to poke the ball away on the perimeter and when a player is clubbed to death trying to get the ball up for a shot in the paint. I don't see those two actions as different, yet they are not called consistently.