Houston just lost

Michigan’s easy schedule looks tougher by the day. Their last 7 starting next Thursday...

Illinois
@ Wisconsin
Rutgers
@ Ohio State
@ Indiana
Iowa
@ Michigan State

They have their 2 toughest home games and Rutgers is no patsy. And they have 4 difficult road games. Wisconsin will want revenge much like Minnesota did. And Michigan State is a rivalry game. And they have to squeeze 4 additional games in around those.

They have 5 days between Indiana and Iowa. I’m hoping they have to travel or play Michigan State at home in that window. If Illinois beats Michigan I think they win the conference.

So say illinois beats Wisconsin and Iowa beats both osu and Indiana this weekend. Does the big ten have 4 top 10 teams when the rankings come out monday?

I’m already counting Michigan out, they are going to have to play those 7 games and add 5 more in to the equation in about 3 weeks time. Good luck. Also, 4 top 10 teams have lost this week. It will be 5 if we beat TOSU tonight. Whether 57 wants to admit it or not, it does matter what our peers do.

I’m already counting Michigan out, they are going to have to play those 7 games and add 5 more in to the equation in about 3 weeks time. Good luck. Also, 4 top 10 teams have lost this week. It will be 5 if we beat TOSU tonight. Whether 57 wants to admit it or not, it does matter what our peers do.
It will be 5 either way since it's a top 10 matchup.

I noticed Michigan only has 19 big 10 games on their schedule. Whats up with that?
They have a home game with Michigan State that’s not listed. It was originally scheduled for February 6. And with both having consolidated schedules who knows when that gets played. It’s the game I hope gets plugged in before the Iowa vs. Michigan game.

I said in another thread that they had to have just played their way out of a 2 seed. I big 10 team would have to have 7 losses minimum to justify putting Huston in over them.
Houston wasn’t really punished at all for this loss...so much for that idea. East Carolina moved up to Quad 2 as a result of the win. So by losing Houston made it a less damaging loss. lol

Of course that’s kind of how the Big 10 is. Most losses (and wins) are Quad 1.

Note - Villanova lost to a better team and was punished more. I don’t know if that’s because they’ve played fewer games?

They have a home game with Michigan State that’s not listed. It was originally scheduled for February 6. And with both having consolidated schedules who knows when that gets played. It’s the game I hope gets plugged in before the Iowa vs. Michigan game.
If Michigan gets 20 games in and wins the conference, they will deserve it. If they get in 15 and beat us because of a small winning percentage difference it would be classic iowa luck.

If Michigan gets 20 games in and wins the conference, they will deserve it. If they get in 15 and beat us because of a small winning percentage difference it would be classic iowa luck.
Based on MSU’s schedule it looks like they will be playing all of those games. Put an asterisk next to a regular season champ if they play less than 20...and make them the 14 seed in conference tournament.

I see what you are doing there. Of course highly ranked teams lose.....we have lost 4 times already ourselves. That is not the point. The point is making sure getting over the hump for some certain teams (team). And to many loses torpedoes your Champagne Wishes and Caviar Big Ten Title dreams.....and hurts your NCAA seating.

Another thing to consider. Really consider this......the NCAA selection committee has known to be real assholes when it comes to Iowa, their seating, and their match-ups. If Iowa slides down into the 4 or 5 line....I would not the slightest be shocked we would be matched up with the worse possible combination (for that number line) to trying to make a Final Four run. Heck, I would not put it past them on the 3 line.

2 line....you should not have really that much to complain about other than taking care of business against teams you should lay waste to early. Ditto a 1 seed.
Sense of humor established.

Iowa is going to have to play their best basketball of the season to defeat Ohio state tonight. The Buckeyes are really a good team

Iowa is going to have to play their best basketball of the season to defeat Ohio state tonight. The Buckeyes are really a good team
I agree. They have great team chemistry...like us. But they don’t play lockdown defense. We should be able to beat anybody in the Big 10 in a shootout. And they have a high school senior in their rotation. We have several guys that can expose him.

Edit - I think we’re a tough matchup for them. They only have 1 guy on the roster over 6’8” and he doesn’t play. So they have to stop Garza and Nunge with guys like Murray. Murray is good but he can’t stop Garza. And we have Murray, Patrick and Nunge to match up with them if necessary.

Last edited:
It's not over yet, but it looks like Houston came back off the loss with a vengeance. They're up 60-22 at halftime against Our Lady of the Lake. They should probably move up in the rankings despite the loss.

Latest posts