Houston just lost

I said in another thread that they had to have just played their way out of a 2 seed. I big 10 team would have to have 7 losses minimum to justify putting Huston in over them.

I said in another thread that they had to have just played their way out of a 2 seed. I big 10 team would have to have 7 losses minimum to justify putting Huston in over them.
They may still get a 2 seed by winning out. But I agree that at least 2 Big 10 teams should be seeded ahead of them...probably more.

If Iowa manages to win these next 2 games, we will probably move up to 5th again. It's gunna be awhile before we would even have a chance to break into the top 4 again since Villanova and Michigan pretty much never play.

They may still get a 2 seed by winning out. But I agree that at least 2 Big 10 teams should be seeded ahead of them...probably more.
I guess what I should have said is all the other teams are going to have to pile up some losses for the committee to consider Houston now with their weak schedule and losses.

If Iowa manages to win these next 2 games, we will probably move up to 5th again. It's gunna be awhile before we would even have a chance to break into the top 4 again since Villanova and Michigan pretty much never play.
Anywhere in the top 12 is fine with me. If we don’t get a 1 seed then 2 and 3 are pretty much the same IMO. And MI has to play a lot of basketball eventually.

Edit - Lose 2 or less and we’re a 1 seed lock IMO. I think we’d have to play about .500 the rest of the way to drop below a 3.

Anywhere in the top 12 is fine with me. If we don’t get a 1 seed then 2 and 3 are pretty much the same IMO. And MI has to play a lot of basketball eventually.

Edit - Lose 2 or less and we’re a 1 seed lock IMO. I think we’d have to play about .500 the rest of the way to drop below a 3.
6-4 gives us a 13-7 big ten record. Im thinking a 4 seed with that. I think 2 more losses would be between us and Michigan for the last 1 seed. I'm really hoping they tank when they come back. Looking at their remaining schedule (not counting make up games) and I don't see an easy win. I think home against Rutgers is their easiest game. On the flip side, their hardest games are at home.

6-4 gives us a 13-7 big ten record. Im thinking a 4 seed with that. I think 2 more losses would be between us and Michigan for the last 1 seed. I'm really hoping they tank when they come back. Looking at their remaining schedule (not counting make up games) and I don't see an easy win. I think home against Rutgers is their easiest game. On the flip side, their hardest games are at home.
Villanova is in trouble...

I'm not sure Iowa would jump Villanova. 3 wins in a week with one being the 7th ranked team could maybe do it. Truth is, there just isn't a lot of data on Villanova yet. Maybe voters will really punish them for the loss.

Villanova has barely played....bound to be some rust. Really, they should be demoted if they are not playing. Same with Michigan. And, yes, that helps us out....albeit inflating us up the charts a bit more. Hopefully, with the loss, Nova gets punished in the polls.

You guys are lying through your teeth. Highly ranked teams do not lose!
I see what you are doing there. Of course highly ranked teams lose.....we have lost 4 times already ourselves. That is not the point. The point is making sure getting over the hump for some certain teams (team). And to many loses torpedoes your Champagne Wishes and Caviar Big Ten Title dreams.....and hurts your NCAA seating.

Another thing to consider. Really consider this......the NCAA selection committee has known to be real assholes when it comes to Iowa, their seating, and their match-ups. If Iowa slides down into the 4 or 5 line....I would not the slightest be shocked we would be matched up with the worse possible combination (for that number line) to trying to make a Final Four run. Heck, I would not put it past them on the 3 line.

2 line....you should not have really that much to complain about other than taking care of business against teams you should lay waste to early. Ditto a 1 seed.

Last edited:
Ok, here is a positive for you for those who don't like the "negative." It does feel real good to be able to know (unless Uber Franuary happens...please no Zach McCabe in the locker room to curse us...if so...sacrifice a goat or something to bring back balance to the locker room Gods) your team is NCAA tournament bound and is in the mix for a Top 4 seed.

Beats the heck out of boring Lackluster ball and Alfraud looking for a free lunch.

I'm not sure Iowa would jump Villanova. 3 wins in a week with one being the 7th ranked team could maybe do it. Truth is, there just isn't a lot of data on Villanova yet. Maybe voters will really punish them for the loss.
I watched parts of that game. The announcers said more than once Nova only has 3 guards and a bunch of forwards. That’s not going to get them far in the NCAA Tournament. And it means more regular season losses are likely IMO.