Horrible officiated game

Allowed to become waaaay too physical. No bias one way or the other. Just gotten out of hand by letting contact go uncalled.

I hope Fran contacts the Big 10 front office about Garza's 5th foul called on him. One of the worst calls I've seen in a long time. Luka was just standing there and didn't even touch him.

25 for gofs hammering Garza all day.....yet Garza getting all the fouls ....no flow to game..... surprised no techs or fights

giphy.gif

:cool:

The 5th foul on Garza and the foul on Bakari on Minny's 3 were just stunningly bad calls. Neither Garza nor Bakari even touched the other player.

As physical as that game was and Iowa didnt get in the bonus in the first half. We played a lot of zone 2nd half becuase we had to which can lead to less fouls

Then call Garza's 5th .....and he didn't touch the guy.....wow

LMAO!!!! That was so ridiculous considering everything they let go. I think the refs may have been enjoying some wacky weed before the game started. o_O

I recorded the game and watched it later. I knew how many points were scored and when it got to the six minute mark and I knew Minny wasn’t going to score another point I was thinking “What the hell????” How do you play the last six minutes without scoring especially in a game that was a must win for them?

Does anyone have a picture of a dead gopher with taps playing in the background? Lol

At least he wasn't going for the nut sack.

Very interesting discussion on the BTN last night. Mike DeCourcey, and Jay Bilas who was doing the Michigan vs Indiana game, were critical of the hand checking and outright body checking going on in the B1G, particularly when an offensive player attempts to cut across the lane. Bilas, on the air, said it was turning into football.

Rob Hummel, who of course played in the B1G when he wasn't ripping his ACL's, defended the physical play, saying this is what players sign on for, that the defensive player has just as much right to that space, and that offensive players shouldn't be allowed to go wherever they wanted. "What do we want, 100-95 games?" he said at one point.

Players will do what the officials allow them to do, just like pitchers will pitch to the strike zone the umpire gives them. But B1G officials are horribly inconsistent within the course of a game. How would a pitcher like it if the home plate umpire's strike zone changed from one inning to the next? Wouldn't be very happy I guarantee that.

Its an easy fix.... follow the women’s game and go to quarters and double bonus on the 5th foul.

Now officials can call more fouls without just sending it to the free throw line and making it a free throw shooting contest with no flow.

IIRC that was Garza's 4th foul, they said he set an illegal screen. THE GUY WAS TRYING TO DANCE WITH GARZA!

At least he wasn't going for the nut sack.

Very interesting discussion on the BTN last night. Mike DeCourcey, and Jay Bilas who was doing the Michigan vs Indiana game, were critical of the hand checking and outright body checking going on in the B1G, particularly when an offensive player attempts to cut across the lane. Bilas, on the air, said it was turning into football.

Rob Hummel, who of course played in the B1G when he wasn't ripping his ACL's, defended the physical play, saying this is what players sign on for, that the defensive player has just as much right to that space, and that offensive players shouldn't be allowed to go wherever they wanted. "What do we want, 100-95 games?" he said at one point.

Players will do what the officials allow them to do, just like pitchers will pitch to the strike zone the umpire gives them. But B1G officials are horribly inconsistent within the course of a game. How would a pitcher like it if the home plate umpire's strike zone changed from one inning to the next? Wouldn't be very happy I guarantee that.

I would like to see a more free flowing game myself. I love basketball, but it can get hard to watch when it turns in to a football game. I like football for what it is and love to see athletes on the basketball court do their thing too.

I liked how the first half was officiated. They let them play and did not call every ticky tac foul they could have. Especially in the post, let them bang. They are big guys. Swallow your whistle and let them decide the game through play and only call something if it unfairly alters the shot or motion.

I think the refs got loaded up on whacky weed at half time, cause I could not tell what sort of game they were trying to call.

I agree with the overall sentiment. Be consistent.