Horrible officiated game

I know the rules won't allow a ref to overturn a call that they make during the game. That being said, if Oturu makes the free throws to tie and then Minny wins it in overtime that would have been a crime. I would like each coach to have a challenge. You probably would hang on to it just for situations like Luks's last foul with the game on the line. I suppose if that rule was there then you would have to hope the refs can see they missed it and correct it. I thought Oturu simply lost his footing and went down and a ref thought he saw a push. I didn't see it.

I recorded the game and watched it later. I knew how many points were scored and when it got to the six minute mark and I knew Minny wasn’t going to score another point I was thinking “What the hell????” How do you play the last six minutes without scoring especially in a game that was a must win for them?

Does anyone have a picture of a dead gopher with taps playing in the background? Lol

Gophers are bad. A sweep is fitting. You won't go anywhere with a Pitino hanging around.

I know the rules won't allow a ref to overturn a call that they make during the game. That being said, if Oturu makes the free throws to tie and then Minny wins it in overtime that would have been a crime. I would like each coach to have a challenge. You probably would hang on to it just for situations like Luks's last foul with the game on the line. I suppose if that rule was there then you would have to hope the refs can see they missed it and correct it. I thought Oturu simply lost his footing and went down and a ref thought he saw a push. I didn't see it.
The last thing I want is another reason for those idiots to look at a monitor for another 15 minutes every game.

Side Note - Why in this day and age of technology are the refs looking at a 4 inch screen? Put a 42 inch screen over there and fold the SOB down until it’s needed. That could be very helpful to 3 guys not wearing their reading glasses.

I liked how the first half was officiated. They let them play and did not call every ticky tac foul they could have. Especially in the post, let them bang. They are big guys. Swallow your whistle and let them decide the game through play and only call something if it unfairly alters the shot or motion.

I think the refs got loaded up on whacky weed at half time, cause I could not tell what sort of game they were trying to call.

I agree with the overall sentiment. Be consistent.
I’m surprised at all the bitching about officiating. We are lucky they don’t call it tight . Garza would foul out in the first half everytime with all the elbows he throws

A lot of us feel like Iowa is targeted in just about every game by the refs. Either they are or we are just a bunch of homers who think we are getting bad calls. But, I wonder if Iowa is targeted by refs in games because of Fran's past behavior? His outbursts, especially after what happened in the tunnel after the Ohio State game in Columbus last year. You know, they one that got Fran suspended for a game after that incident. Maybe the refs have it our for Fran and are taking it out on the team with shady foul calls?

I’m surprised at all the bitching about officiating. We are lucky they don’t call it tight . Garza would foul out in the first half everytime with all the elbows he throws

Yet, for some reason, it's always Garza that is bleeding from the mouth.

I know how that picture in that tweet looks but he wasn't throwing an elbow there. It was a poor picture for his dad to use but I believe a foul was called against the Goofers on that play. Garza gets mugged almost every time he touches the ball.

I know how that picture in that tweet looks but he wasn't throwing an elbow there. It was a poor picture for his dad to use but I believe a foul was called against the Goofers on that play. Garza gets mugged almost every time he touches the ball.
I believe a travel was called

Nevermind I believe this is the play the ball gets knocked out of Garza’s hands and he catches the ball back in mid air and scores . Minny wanted a jump ball or a travel called

By that logic, Garza's elbow isn't making contact.
His elbow is creating more contact than the Minnesota arm on him . According to the photo . Garza is the most physical player in the conference who initiates most of the contact . I love it that they let him play . Everytime he seals a defender he uses elbows and extends his arms . The defender has a right to try and get through that to front him . The officials give him more wiggle room then should be allowed . Trust me Garza and Kreiner do their fare share of “mugging “ that’s never called on defense

The last thing I want is another reason for those idiots to look at a monitor for another 15 minutes every game.

Side Note - Why in this day and age of technology are the refs looking at a 4 inch screen? Put a 42 inch screen over there and fold the SOB down until it’s needed. That could be very helpful to 3 guys not wearing their reading glasses.
This made me LOL

His elbow is creating more contact than the Minnesota arm on him . According to the photo . Garza is the most physical player in the conference who initiates most of the contact . I love it that they let him play . Everytime he seals a defender he uses elbows and extends his arms . The defender has a right to try and get through that to front him . The officials give him more wiggle room then should be allowed . Trust me Garza and Kreiner do their fare share of “mugging “ that’s never called on defense
No

Latest posts