HN Festivus: New Site Direction/Moderation

I am one of the 95% How about you top 5% stop being so mean and greedy. Oh wait, I think this is not the correct forum for that. However, this is my 1st post and have always been very hesistent to ever comment on anything because Im not at the level of many on here. Thanks Jon for the changes.

How are the top 5% mean and greedy? Other than EddyP goofing around all the time, trying to form cliques, and goading Dwayne Till into getting banned I dont get this comment at all

I have not seen anyone bashed if they bring something insightful or entertaining to the table.

would there possibly be a way to weed out some of the over-the-top cyclone fans? i really actually enjoy some of them - doublewide, bryceC and others come to mind, but there are some on here that are just ridiculous and give the good clone fans a bad name.
</rant>

would there possibly be a way to weed out some of the over-the-top cyclone fans? i really actually enjoy some of them - doublewide, bryceC and others come to mind, but there are some on here that are just ridiculous and give the good clone fans a bad name.
</rant>

I mentioned this in another thread. The cyclone trolls are the ones who drive a lot of the threads which turn into nothing but personal attacks and extreme, ignorant arguments. ISUer, Doublewide, Cyclones17, 20eyes, are all allowed to continue to troll this site over and over. I know people rip on how strict the CycloneFanatic mods are when it comes to Iowa fans posting over there, but it's also the main reason they have a much more civil message board rather than one filled with nothing but ******* contest threads like so many on here turn into.

How are the top 5% mean and greedy? Other than EddyP goofing around all the time, trying to form cliques, and goading Dwayne Till into getting banned I dont get this comment at all

I have not seen anyone bashed if they bring something insightful or entertaining to the table.

I was kidding about this being a bashing EddyP thread btw.

I mentioned this in another thread. The cyclone trolls are the ones who drive a lot of the threads which turn into nothing but personal attacks and extreme, ignorant arguments. ISUer, Doublewide, Cyclones17, 20eyes, are all allowed to continue to troll this site over and over. I know people rip on how strict the CycloneFanatic mods are when it comes to Iowa fans posting over there, but it's also the main reason they have a much more civil message board rather than one filled with nothing but ******* contest threads like so many on here turn into.

I will evaluate this for sure.

I am one of the 95% How about you top 5% stop being so mean and greedy. Oh wait, I think this is not the correct forum for that. However, this is my 1st post and have always been very hesistent to ever comment on anything because Im not at the level of many on here. Thanks Jon for the changes.

Welcome golferguy! Hope you will feel free to comment regularly now. It's always good to hear new voices and perspectives. I hope this will be a new "kinder and gentler" HN.:D

Is this the bash EddyP thread? I just get tired of all the self righteous "Thanks Jon" threads looking down your nose at people who actually post. Yeah some of us like to goof around a little(i.e. me), big deal. I don't care if someone posts a little or a lot and I am certainly not a part of or care to be a part of any "clique". If you don't post a lot fine just don't come off as all high and mighty. That is all I was trying to say.

FTR, I'm mad at you EddyP. I appreciate all you do. I dont care how often someone posts either but it is weird when you have someone with virtually no posts, post something all high and mighty. Always makes me think it's someone's alt. As far as cliques? What cliques? Unless you're talking hawk fans vs cyclone fans?

My suggestion would be that you apply your rules evenly and fairly to ALL posters on this site. Some of the things that have been allowed to go on with no consequences is ridiculous, the posting of someones personal information including cell phone # and place of business and threatening to use that information in harmful ways comes to mind. BTW I see you just banned Duffman for typing the hated and forbidden O word. FWIW I'm pretty sure Duff didn't know about your new rule.

Last edited:
FTR, I'm mad at you EddyP. I appreciate all you do. I dont care how often someone posts either but it is weird when you have someone with virtually no posts, post something all high and mighty. Always makes me think it's someone's alt. As far as cliques? What cliques? Unless you're talking hawk fans vs cyclone fans?

Thanks, you are easily one of the top 5 female posters on this board.

My suggestion would be that you apply your rules evenly and fairly to ALL posters on this site. Some of the things that have been allowed to go on with no consequences, the posting of someones personal information including cell phone # and place of business and threatening to use that information in harmful ways comes to mind. BTW I see you just banned Duffman for typing the hated and forbidden O word. FWIW I'm pretty sure Duff didn't know about your new rule.

Yes, he did. Someone pointed it out to him in another thread this morning, when he referred to the decisions as 'stoopid'.

Which is fine, I don't mind people disagreeing with me or my rules. However , he's not a dumb fellow and was just acting like a little kid to see if the fence was hot in this spot.

I've got no time to babysit grown men any more.

My suggestion would be that you apply your rules evenly and fairly to ALL posters on this site. Some of the things that have been allowed to go on with no consequences is ridiculous, the posting of someones personal information including cell phone # and place of business and threatening to use that information in harmful ways comes to mind. BTW I see you just banned Duffman for typing the hated and forbidden O word. FWIW I'm pretty sure Duff didn't know about your new rule.

Kaldenberg is un-bannable.

Kaldenberg is un-bannable.

You can't ban anyone who plays to win

Kaldenberg is banned. Others have been banned, more will be banned if they keep it up.

And you are correct, I am partly to blame for not moderating more efficiently and evenly.

Changing that, now.

Latest posts