• 9-3

Votes: 65 45.5%
  • 8-4

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • 7-5 or worse

Votes: 18 12.6%

• Total voters
I'm saying 9-3.

On a side note, it just hit me that we aren't playing Wisky this year :(. That really sucks. It was without a doubt my favorite Iowa matchup.

I'm saying 9-3.

On a side note, it just hit me that we aren't playing Wisky this year :(. That really sucks. It was without a doubt my favorite Iowa matchup.

Yup. And I was just getting it down to where me and a friend made the trip to Madison every other year. Now that's out the window. Where do I go now? Evanston? Blah.

Yup. And I was just getting it down to where me and a friend made the trip to Madison every other year. Now that's out the window. Where do I go now? Evanston? Blah.

If you decide to go let me know and I'll give you the addy of a cool guy I know who has a place there. He'd have no problem letting you and a half dozen or so of your friends stay there.

I am going 8-4. I think in an effort to establish some sort of new O, somebody sneaks up and eeeks out a W on them.

As for not playing Wiskey, you did know Geico can save you up to 15% right? That was the biggest fail of all this. How do you take away the Iowa/Wiskey game?

Last edited:
If you decide to go let me know and I'll give you the addy of a cool guy I know who has a place there. He'd have no problem letting you and a half dozen or so of your friends stay there.

Nice. He has a ticket hook-up too, right? Anyone like that HAS to have seasons for the juggernaut that is the NW Wildcats. I'm sure he even has some seatbacks for us.

I am going 8-4. I think in an effort to establish some sort of new O, somebody sneaks up and eeeks out a W on them.

As for not playing Wiskey, you did know Geico can save you up to 15% right? That was the biggest fail of all this. How do you take away the Iowa/Wiskey game?
I (along with most Nebraska fans) was hoping that Wisconsin would be in our division. Oh well. :(

I (along with most Nebraska fans) was hoping that Wisconsin would be in our division. Oh well. :(
Yeah, but Iowa has 100 years of history with them. When I was a kid, my dad would always make a big deal out of listening to that game on the radio, when we were fishing or driving around hunting.

Nice. He has a ticket hook-up too, right? Anyone like that HAS to have seasons for the juggernaut that is the NW Wildcats. I'm sure he even has some seatbacks for us.

I don't know about that, but I've heard his sausage tastes like heaven.

It’s pretty early to start saying exactly what anyone’s record will be. Injuries, transfers, etc. are going to play a part, and I’m not really overly familiar with any of the teams in the B1G. I’m not sure how our offense will perform, what it will do. Depth at most offensive positions is a question mark, but I think we have some pretty good young talent. I think that our defense will be good enough to keep us in most games. I don’t see a game on the schedule that scares me, or that I don’t think we have a chance at winning. That being said, an undefeated season is very, very difficult to achieve. If some things fall the right way, we get a little lucky here and there, I could see 1 or no losses, and if things fall apart, 5 or 6 losses could be felt.

I would say that realistically, 2 or 3 losses seems to be the most reasonable guess at this juncture.

This is the issue I have with Nebraska's first year and all those that say that Nebraska will be a hands on favorite from the get go. While Nebraska is a solid program and other teams aren't familiar with them the fact is that the other teams are familiar with eachother. Nothing against Nebraska, and I honestly hope they do well and bring alot to this conference, but there is a huge difference between playing teams your unfamiliar with in new environments over the course of an entire conference season (like Nebraska has to do) and only having to face that new foe once (like all the other big 10 teams have to do).

This is why I'm skeptical that Nebraska will come in and dominate the Big Ten from day one. The deck is just stacked against them in a number of ways.

Been to Longmont a few times and always enjoyed having lunch at Wahoo Fish Tacos with a few friends over a beer........casual business lunch.

Since they operate in only a few western states it's always a treat for me when I get the chance.

I see. I've been there, just don't really associate Wahoos with Longmont. Don't really associate much with Longmont, I guess. Close to lots of stuff, though!

I just see Michigan as being the offense that has had the most success scoring points against Iowa the last two years and iowa's defense being a big question. An I think michigan's d is going to be better. They can't be worse

I gotta say Jon, I'm shocked at your lack of confidence in a Norm Parker led Iowa D. Yeah, we lost a lot, but its not who you lost its who you have coming back. We have 2 all B1G performers back on the D-line. We have 2 very good LB's back, and we have 2 good DB's back. That is a solid start, and we will build on it. The D will be fine, I have no worries at all about the D. And your argument on Michigan's O is weak at best. That was in a totally different system. Are you going to sit here and tell me that if Michigan goes to a pro style attack that Denard Robinson is going to be the guy to take that offense to an even higher level? No way, he is not an under center type of player. Michigan's D was atrocious last year and will not magically be outstanding this year. With all due respect, I think you are getting slipped some kool-aid from your friend Deace.

And while I'm at it I'll go with 9-3. I see Iowa going undefeated at home this year, but struggling a bit on the road. I have a feeling this years team could mirror the 2003 team in a lot of regards, which would not be bad at all.

No way do we lose to Michigan and Penn St. A.) We own them B.) They are so over rated c.) How long will their names continue to give them undo respect.

who cares what people say, 10-2 or better. I can't see us through Nebby, and a surprise we suffer every year, this year that is Purdue. a toss up game will be Michigan.

I cannot believe our toughest game this year will be our last one. that game could be anything from a birth into the Nat'l Championship (if luck falls our way), simply the Big Ten Championship, or no worse a better bowl will always be on the line. Most likley we could also competing against Nebby in front of reps from the same bowls.

Latest posts