Hey storming,what is our class ranking in

hawkytalk

basketball for next year? Do you know what our ranking is in the Big Ten and in the country? Thanks,Hawkytalk.

You are aware that you can find that info on the internet with the click of a button?

Last edited:
#24 According to this service. Pretty good summary of the class as well:

Recruiting News

I know Van Coleman had them as a top 20-25 recruiting class as well. He said these players fit what Lickliter is looking for perfectly! Can they come in second semester???

Last edited:
I think we got two borderline (depending on who you believe in the rankings) top 100 guys in Larson and Brust. I mean the difference between 125 and 75 is very slim, as some services will have a player at 80, and another at 130...It just show how subjective it is IMO.

Long and short of it -
I have seen Iowa ranked as high as 3rd in the Big Ten and as low as 6th.
Consensus nationally is right about 30th give or take some spots.

I don't have links because I don't have time today, just have to take it on my word, if you dare.

;)

Thanks storming,your word is good. I also enjoy your video on your prediction to our upcoming games. You were right on with the last one. I can not wait to see the next one.

Long and short of it -
I have seen Iowa ranked as high as 3rd in the Big Ten and as low as 6th.
Consensus nationally is right about 30th give or take some spots.

I don't have links because I don't have time today, just have to take it on my word, if you dare.

;)

This is another one of storminspanks koolaid posts. There is only one site out there that has the Hawkeyes near 30th and that is from Hawkeye homer himself Van Coleman.

Rivals, scout, and ESPN don't even list Iowa. Rivals has Iowa 7th in the Big 10, mostly due to them having 4 committs compared to 1 from the other schools.

This is another one of storminspanks koolaid posts. There is only one site out there that has the Hawkeyes near 30th and that is from Hawkeye homer himself Van Coleman.

Rivals, scout, and ESPN don't even list Iowa. Rivals has Iowa 7th in the Big 10, mostly due to them having 4 committs compared to 1 from the other schools.

Is there a reason you only come to this site to dispute what I say? Why not actually BRING SOMETHING here?

If you'd kindly link the 25-50 classes from Scout and Rivals, I'd appreciate it, so you can prove Iowa isn't on that list.

Prepstars has Iowa in their Top 25.

Coleman has them somewhere in the Top 30ish.

I've talked to guys that actually work for BB Recruiting at Scout, Inc. & they put Iowa around 30ish, depending which analyst you talk to.

I haven't talked to anyone w. Rivals.

ESPN has Iowa with a "B" grade, that's behind MSU and OSU (top 2 classes), then Illinois, Mich in the "A". Purdue had a B+ and Iowa had the aforementioned "B".

Again, I know it's fun to try to just sling mud at someone instead of bringing some actual content into the mix. How about next time you at least try?

Thanks.

Do Clones learn to read??? I have to question that since in the second post, I linked a ranking on the prepstars site! And it just shocks me that somebody that works for this site may be a little biased towards the Hawks. Gosh, we would never see anything like that on a Clone site!!!

Do Clones learn to read??? I have to question that since in the second post, I linked a ranking on the prepstars site! And it just shocks me that somebody that works for this site may be a little biased towards the Hawks. Gosh, we would never see anything like that on a Clone site!!!

If some national pundit so much as breathes a bad word about the football program, there are threads immediately to call that person out and admonish them. Now on the BB forum, if someone actually post a column or opinion that might be construed as positive, you immediately have posters on here ripping that person for drinking the kool-aid. Simply amazing....

If some national pundit so much as breathes a bad word about the football program, there are threads immediately to call that person out and admonish them. Now on the BB forum, if someone actually post a column or opinion that might be construed as positive, you immediately have posters on here ripping that person for drinking the kool-aid. Simply amazing....

Some people really are funny...

I could care less where this class is ranked. Since I don't get to see any of these guys play a few games live I will just wait and see how they look on the court. It will not take long to evaluate the players once they start playing some decent competition.

Heck you can have a player who is under rated or over rated in the class and time will tell.

Is there a reason you only come to this site to dispute what I say? Why not actually BRING SOMETHING here?

If you'd kindly link the 25-50 classes from Scout and Rivals, I'd appreciate it, so you can prove Iowa isn't on that list.

Prepstars has Iowa in their Top 25.

Coleman has them somewhere in the Top 30ish.

I've talked to guys that actually work for BB Recruiting at Scout, Inc. & they put Iowa around 30ish, depending which analyst you talk to.

I haven't talked to anyone w. Rivals.

ESPN has Iowa with a "B" grade, that's behind MSU and OSU (top 2 classes), then Illinois, Mich in the "A". Purdue had a B+ and Iowa had the aforementioned "B".

Again, I know it's fun to try to just sling mud at someone instead of bringing some actual content into the mix. How about next time you at least try?

Thanks.

I did provide something. I posted rivals rankings. You know rivals, the most well respected recruiting site on the internet.

You didn't. You posted nothing that you can back up. I can't show the top 25-50 classes and neither can you...because they don't show them.

So what you are doing is making stuff up....again

I did provide something. I posted rivals rankings. You know rivals, the most well respected recruiting site on the internet.

You didn't. You posted nothing that you can back up. I can't show the top 25-50 classes and neither can you...because they don't show them.

So what you are doing is making stuff up....again

Making stuff up?

Dude, get over yourself.

I posted ESPN's ratings. I talked about prepstars. I posted information that was disclosed to me in a discussion with someone who is an analyst for Scout, Inc. I talked about Hoopmasters, too.

I posted what I have read or heard DIRECTLY FROM THE SOURCE. How is that making it up?

Of COURSE Rivals and Scout don't have Iowa in their Top 25 - I never STATED Iowa had a Top 25 class. They have a Top 30ish class - this is what I have heard over and over again from MULTIPLE SOURCES that their ENTIRE JOB is to cover college basketball recruiting. Some have said Iowa is around 28, others have said 35. So my calculations put Iowa in the 30ish range. Not Top 25, because they aren't right now, and I never said they were.

I am not making anything up, just giving the facts as they have been presented to me.

Again, bring something to the table when you post or don't bother at all.

Hey Cyclone17 - Why don't you go back to the Clone Board where you belong and quit trying to cause trouble here? A year from now after Brackins and Gilstrap are gone we'll see what you have to say. Oh and by the way, GO GOPHERS

"Kool-Aid" ( *!snort,chuckle,LOL%*!) Thats amusing considering the grand pronouncements about Tucker, how the team will be the surprise team in the BigTen ( of course, it could be a surprise at how BAD they may end up being. And that aint funny ), and the dogged belief in Lickliter, but its all opinion from a guy who wants the Hawkeyes to be winners (like all of us) and that is cool. Some of disagree on what we see, and thats fine too. I think this class looks good, I just fear more losses in the ranks and that this coach just isnt the guy to make it work at IOWA.

I think the "making stuff up" comment to be Bush League though. If this class is ranked in the top 40 when the recruiting is over this spring, then that is a coup for this program, as it is then recruiting at a level better than their recent performance and more in line with the historical standard that Iowa has been in BB. What is being made up?

Latest posts